Dungeon Rooms, Dungeon Rooms

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, May 31, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Soul Gathering and Soul Stone Room, a Magic Gem and Metal Mine Room, and a Beginner Adventurer Training and Levelling Room/section.

2. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A more important question to ask is "What rooms is Roswan going to make without Richter's approval that test Richter's patience?" (like the Egg Genesis Chamber)

• Love Shack for Tamitu (decreased dp cost to spawn baby monsters)
    • Effigy Burning Room (increased effectiveness of fire magic spells)
    • Food and Stuff Room (a great place to keep all of your food, and most of your stuff)
    • Woodshop (decreased dp cost for rooms provided they are constructed of quality wood)

Cire122 likes this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably some things that appeal to Rosy, and admittedly make the dungeon stronger, with names that are outlandish, but like.. Why these rooms first?
    • Cubed room of Kibur (A puzzlesome room [trap complexity in dungeon increased x%, monster mental adaptability increased])
    • The Crucible (a room where any weapons except bare knuckles are banned [bonus to unarmed combat in this room, bonus to all monster attack damage that causes fatigue])
    And of course
    • Room of the deafened (a silent room which will remain silent [decrease in noise made by monsters and machinations of the Barrow])

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  4. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Huge hit to spell casters

5. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Much of Roswan's character is based off of Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec. My room suggestions are based off of Ron Swanson
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I forgot to add:
    Jazz Parlor (10% increase to musical buffs, +10% to the highest stat for all professed Bards)
    [​IMG]

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you mean, like a room with a bunch of wack a mole games?:D

:arcade:

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Natural lairs might take some time to be reinhabited but don’t layers in the dungeon repopulate or respawn?

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think those dungeons are destroyed. They are purged or Vanquished but not destroyed. The only dungeon I am aware of that can be truly destroyed is a ful grown Dungeon. That only happens when the Dungeons conquered and the item of power is removed.

9. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would assume so. Randy talks about being the first to clear a lair as if the same lair can be cleared over and over again just like the rest of the dungeon.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  10. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We have 2 types of "dungeons" here. Capital D Dungeons are a part of the Labyrinth and can only be destroyed by slaying the harbinger and stealing the item of power. Lower d dungeons are not a part of the Labyrinth and like any natural or man-made location can be cleared, looted, and destroyed.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Little d’s grow up to become big D’s if they can survive long enough to make it. From what we know it takes a lot of time, residual energies, and even more luck.

Answer this for me Water, when do little d’s become big D’s?

Not all big D’s are connected to the Labyrinth. Although the Labyrinth is connected to all Big D’s.

We all have our own theories about the dungeons growth and development from early stages to full development.

My theory has been that dungeons that have a lingering amount of ambient life and soul energies have a fractional chance of attracting a entity from the astral plane that feeds upon those energies. Once that entity crosses a pool of those energies it might take residence. Once it has moved in and starts to feed it grows and uses its abilities to grow by increasing those energies. Using beast and other creatures to do its killing. As adventurers find these areas they naturally drop loot. As the entity becomes more aware it’s abilities become more powerful allowing it first to repopulate its dungeon then later after learning to respawn it learns to spawn loot. That’s has been my theory for sometime now. I think most here might recall my theory of dungeon development.

The reason for dungeons being so rare. The entities that form dungeons first have a very small chance to make it from the astral plane to the land. Once that entity finds itself in the land it must find a pool of residual energies to feed or die. Those pools of energy are not common place either.

Seeing how dungeons use magic we must see them as either alive and capable of doing so or mechanical and having switches that engage triggers to force the magical actions.

I can only conceive of those two possibilities.

12. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What makes little D's become big D's is different for everybody, but I'm sure you can find something that will work for you.

For real though, Your explanation seems as good as any. Personally, I don't think AK has any sort of explanation in mind and intends to leave it as one of the great mysteries of the Land. I suspect what triggered the transformation for Richter's Big D was it's sudden introduction to the ambient mana surrounding the POP.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The ambient mana triggered the transformation????????

You should really go back to when Ricther first touched the Chaotic shard.

My advice is go to book VI chapter 48 and go all the way through the end again.

Seriously, do you not recall the deal Ricther cut with the sentient bloodstone? I agree that the ambient mana that flows around Ricthers PoP feeds the dungeon. Not everyone would agree with ambient mana going into the dungeon. Some believe it pokes out of the dungeon.

I also agree that Aleron, most likely will never tell us his entire story of dungeon formation. All we can do is glean information from the three tales we have as of now. That’s where most of us formulate or opinions and theories.

Like you said, “I am sure you can find something that will work for you”

I really hate that Aleron erased our previous page with two to three years of Debates! :mad:

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He would definitely have a silent room!

15. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sure I know the deal he made with the chaotic bloodstone, but I don’t believe the bloodstone was responsible for creating the Dungeon or ev
    I'm not sure to what you are referring. I am aware that bolts of chaos escaped from the shard, and that some hit the tunnels of the cave, and I am aware that the chaotic bloodstone became the dungeon's item of power. There is no evidence, however, that the bloodstone triggered the transformation, and the transformation did not happen until after it was transported.

16. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My impression after multiple read throughs is the energy escaping the shard made richter's dungeon. The blood stone was aware of this and purposefully brought the dungeon to the village when they transported.

That was how Richter's dungeon was made, but pretty much every other dungeon occurs naturally in the right circumstances and with a certain amount of luck involved.

It seems to be hinted that ambient mana, level of settlement, already established little dungeon to start from, amount and level of awakened ley lines, luck, and qualities of the master of a pop all come into play.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I pretty much agree with Joe_Schmoe in this. Any dungeon/lair could theoretically become a Dungeon if enough Magical, Life and Soul Energy was to be Absorb into it and if a Suitable Creature and Item was available to become its Harbinger and Item of Power, and if course a pretty hefty dose of Luck for this to happen.
    There's also most likely ways to Artificially increase the chances of this happening as well, although the results maybe unpredictable and you might get either a something other then a Dungeon or some type of odd Relative of one?

18. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that the bloodstone knew what was happening with the dungeon, and I don't doubt that the chaotic energies from the shard were involved (likely what transformed the tunnel system into a dungeon). But the dungeon didn't transform into a Dungeon until after it was transported despite having ample time to begin the transformation which leads me to believe that the ambient magic present in his PoP was the final key needed.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or an Item of Power was needed to Sync with it for the process to truly begin?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  20. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe the only verified way to create a Dungeon is that an interesting location now has a tiny, tiny chance of becoming one.

We know dungeons can gather power for millions of years, becoming primordial dungeons. That does not make them part of the Labyrinth system of Dungeons, they have power of their own.

Big D Dungeons are rare, but their true value lies in them being somewhat predictable and of course they enforce rules that make them accessible to adventurers. A regular dungeon or set of ruins has no such rules, high level monsters could attack in force at the entrance.

RedzPeng and Captain BlackJack like this.