Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

27%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe that the Dungeon is letting if both Unaligned Mana and Aligned Mana (Elmental and other), Unaligned Mana would be the most prevalent released, then followed by the any Mana types that it has Awakened, such as the Mist PoP types, and probably Chaos and Blood Mana, and then probably small amounts of anything else that it Learns to Awaken.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can not convert iron mine to a necronium mine ambient death energy is insufficient. Can not convert iron mine to a ............. mine the ambient mana level is too low to support such powerful metals.

Dragon likes this.
  3. Jason Pickett

Jason Pickett Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, the Adventurer Settlement Specialization talks about Ambient Mana Seepage and Ambient Mana Refinement. I believe this is what we're talking about. Ambient Mana talks about all forms of mana whether it has a flavor or not. The Mana Refinement is what percentage of mana coming from the Dungeon that has a flavor.
    To begin with I'm guessing that the only magic available for refinement are Chaos and Blood, but as more magic is unlocked more flavors of refined mana will be added. Plus, if the Fairy Water does what Richter wishes fae mana may soon be coming from the Dungeon because of this:
    What I'm curious about is whether the mana coming from the portal to Fairy will slowly unlock Fae Magic for the Dungeon. It also seems to me that at times he uses the terms energy and mana interchangeably.

4. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the gate way being opened to the fey realm will allow the dungeon to spawn elementum in the dungeon mines. I’m sure it would usher in several other biggies.

5. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Most likely it will, but that is because of fae flavored mana coming from the portal. Although, I believe what Richter was thinking was that the portal to fairy may allow him to trade for Elementum.

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Great so is "Death energy" mana or power, or a third thing?

7. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ?

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is death energy? A form of mana or power, or something different?

9. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was a quote from book seven. The .......... were for other types of metals listed.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok so there are eight references to death energy in book seven. It does appear to be mana turned into death energy, but not power.

11. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The first description of a dungeon that several people discount speaks of energies that feed the dungeon as well.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The first mention of Dungeons is an offhand reference to interesting locations having an extremely low chance of turning into a labyrinth. At least I assume a labyrinth is a Dungeon.

His stubborn look must have shown on his face because Hisako sighed fatalistically, “The Labyrinth is a dimension that runs the breadth of The Land. Some even say the breadth of the Universe. Only Adventurers can enter it, but the riches and possibilities are endless. Having a Dungeon on your land will have many perks, such as increasing the ambient magic in the area, but the ability to enter the Labyrinth is the greatest incentive. Dungeons are the only way I know of to enter that dimension, and you found a virgin one!

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Raiders: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 6) . Kindle Edition.

Dungeons increase mana levels in their surroundings. They do seem to take mana out of the leylines once they awaken that power.

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't see how you reached that last conclusion.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How else do they generate DP from them?

The more energy something contains, the more DP they give.

Hence labyrinth creatures give 10 dp per level and normal creatures 1.

There is also the slightly different summoning points, which the ghast refers to as death energy.

15. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I mentioned earlier that it seems like energy and mana are used interchangeably, but after more consideration I believe the "energy" he's talking about is created by natural processess and geographic features in the land. This energy is what gives magic it's flavors (or at least the ley lines). Let's take the MV's POP under consideration. The valley has many water sources in a peninsula known for it's rivers therefore you have the water ley line. It is surrounded by a forest and sitting on a cave/catacomb system stuffed with lifeforms so that explains the life ley line and when you consider the darkness of the catacombs and the muted light found in the forest you get the darkness ley line. The air ley line is a little hard to figure because if I understand the layout of the village it is in a mountain valley or at least butts up against a mountain range so you'd think it would have an earth ley line instead of an air ley line or at least in addition to the air ley line. I guess if you were to apply logic (other than the most likely reason which is AK already had the Hearth Tree on a convergence of Earth, Life and Light ley lines and only wanted the MV to share one type of ley line with it) then you could say that the village is at a higher elevation than the surrounding forest and the actual PoP is on the plateau at one end of the village and there maybe a constant breeze coming off of the mountains which could give you air (yeah, I know the logic is pretty flimsy). That isn't to say you can't have places of power without geographic features that relate to the types of ley lines that intersect at them (after all they're lines so of course they flow through the land and are going to intersect in odd places from time to time). But I would conjecture that the mos powerful PoP's are going to have related sources of "energy" near them. The city of Law is a place where you don't see all of it's PoP's represented, I believe. It has Water and Air, which make sense as it is on a river that flows through a plain. The nature of planets and land masses means that there is no real need for a specific geological feature for a Earth ley line to appear. However the Fire ley line isn't well represented if my understanding of the geography of Law is correct, but again nothing says it has to be represented in the PoP. One thing that I've been thinking about is that I don't believe ley lines should be static within the Land. The Land (although it was created as a lock) is still a dynamic system (more so than most planets, I believe) and therefore the ley lines that bind it together should have some dynamicis. That being said, I believe that there is an argument to be made for the development of a Death ley line connected to the MV's PoP, I would continue, but my keyboard is acting up (hopefully it just needs new batteries) and I need to lay back down so I'll let you debate my reasoning.

16. Gurston

Gurston Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did the lay lines cause the terrain, or does the terrain cause the lay line, is it wet, windy and have a forest full of life because there are water air and life laylines, or did the laylines form because of the rain wind and abundent forest of living things, I thought that the leylines came first because the Land was built from all the magics and they seemed like the framework of the land, but there isnt much to go on

17. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We only know that some how these things are tied to one and another.

We also know the land is a magical lock keeping the originals and their children in prison.

Dragon likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wall of text :(

Ley lines are not bound to the environment as far as I can tell. Think of them as rivers of power that cross vast distances. While the land may be dynamic, i'm not so sure it is. Its wrong to think of it as a regular planet, this is a construct. Hence the ley lines may well be static.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it even certain there is a connection between type of leyline and type of environment? Are there no water ley lines in the desert? No fire ley lines cross the sea? No death ley lines below living land?

20. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeon can already spawn this just in very limited fashion. With the portal.. more much more.. but it also depends on weather the dungeon can reach the assets across the portal?