Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Death energy could be taken from "the Living Death" its a creature that escapes ur throat after you have been resurrected.
    Also these resources should be used as a potion for rezzing undead f.e. Beyans familiar!!!
    Or sacked to the Dungoen to awaken the Death magic!
    Boooyaaaa

2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So ur point is that any power could be awakened in the dungeon? Agreed! Its super dynamical f.e. just open a fey portal in the dungeon,. or
    Not really seeing a problem with that? just f.e. sack 20 Quickening trees and you will unlock fey magic in a Dungeon that's in on of the Burning Hells!

3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It
    Wasn't it clearly stated in book seven when Ricther was trying to up grade his mine? Recall when Ricther was using his settlement points to upgrade 1% of his mine to elementum, mithril, .......... The statement said there wasn’t enough ambient mana for these metals to be formed.

We have also been told that, If those items are not found in the local area the will not be found in the dungeon.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Needs to be sacrificed to the Dungeon, it isn't able to just make things that are in the area.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s for it to be spawned as a reliquary.

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or to grow, or spawn as a mine or anything. The Dungeon can do a lot of amazing things but it has to be given them or take them. Since it can't spawn anything to gather from the outside on its own, it's limited to what can be gained by either sacrifices, or whatever dies inside it. Randy had Richter give the dungeon live plants for them to grow in the dungeon and also raw ore for for it to produce mines. Not a lot of point in doing that if it can just have whatever is around.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t know if just giving the dungeon some elementum ore would allow the dungeon to make it. Elementum isn’t found anywhere in the Land Naturally that we know of. It was in the list of metals that had been stated to not having enough mana to make. If normal mana would create elementum surely it wouldn’t be an exclusive fey realm metal. When Ricther opens a gate way to the Fey realm the dungeon should be capable of learning how to make elementum. As the dungeon should consume a lot.

8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And it was sacked..

9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well if it said it couldn't be grown because there wasn't enough ambient mana... More should do the trick. Now could it grow an elementum vein if we sacked elementum ore to it right now? Maybe, maybe not. The specialization has grown significantly since he tried, as had the dungeon itself and the PoP has double the awakened Powers. Now Richter isn't the only dungeon master / pop master combo and we know he's not even the only one to have existed on his current continent, so I imagine it likely isn't high enough since they've probably had settlement points too since reaching his current state post settlement points. But it should still be possible.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think there could be a difference in the mana from the Fey Realm as compared to the Lands. Reason being Elementum is known as a Fey Realm Metal. I am sure as big as the land is somewhere would have had enough mana for elementum if regular land mana could cause it to form.

11. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At that time the fey portal was closed!

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I understand that. I know the mushroom gate is supposed to draw in ambient fey mana. I only see that as a bleed through amount.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I understand that. I know the mushroom gate is supposed to draw in ambient fey mana. I only see that as a bleed through amount.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What I see is dungeon sucking the fey magics out.. dungeon going through the portal to absorb stuffs.

15. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The ambient mana requirement for metals like mithral is interesting. We know metals like mithral and elementium exist elsewhere. Thus, things which produce massive ambient manna must also exist, or portals between planes of existence must be common enough for these resources to come through in large quantities, or the ambient manna in the land used to be higher than it is now.

I’m not ruling out the third option. The bloodlines and cataclysms indicate a changing amount of energy and power in the land, and likely also a gradual decrease over time.

The second option may also exist for some resources. Elementium seems rare enough that it really only came from other places. I don’t know the scarcity of the other resources.

However, elementium is a resource that has been found in dungeons in the land. And likely some of the rare metals Ricther listed which require more ambient manna do exist elsewhere in the land Naturally and they are not all brought in. So ambient manna must be elevated in some locations and this must be caused by dungeons or other entities.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  16. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or the peninsula is just a natural low mana region due to few pop's being developed to a significant level or something else. We dont know much about the outside world. Even the western half of the peninsula would be a complete blank if it wasnt for the map. Now we´ve learned its just one corner of a continent

We have no idea where the elementum came from.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, a dungeon could spawn elementum as a reliquary.

I still believe elementum being known as a fey metal is for a reason.

If All it needs is high mana it could be made elsewhere in the Land with sufficient mana. But to me that would detract from it being known as a fey metal.

It could be possible that it might have developed around portals or links to the Fey realm. I’m just not sure if elementum doesn’t need a Fey “energy” mana.

18. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What does it say about the rarity of elementum if the Bank says it costs 366 gold?
    That seems amazingly low for something from another plane. Is planar travel common?

An Elementum Ingot has been given the base cost (in standard coin) of 365 gold crowns, 9 silver marks, 5 copper shills and 2 iron bits.

19. Jason Pickett

Jason Pickett Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Of course if you were to chop down 20 Quickenings (assuming you could find them since his is the only one outside of the Celestial Planes that I'm aware of) and fed them to a Dungeon. You'd basically be declaring war on all Good aligned creatures including the Hearth Tree. That wasn't the point BTW. It is a given that with the correct resources the Dungeon can unlock any power. My point was that I could see an argument for the PoP evolving to include more ley lines especially Death and Earth, and to be honest I think there has got to be enough Death energy sources around the MV that a Death ley line should evolve (plus could you imagine Sumiko's face if a Death ley line evolved).

20. Jason Pickett

Jason Pickett Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It isn't just high ambient mana. The mana must contain certain type of energy for some resources to appear. For instance, necromium needs Death energy. Elementum is not native to the Land it is a fae metal it comes from the Fae Realms, but given the right circumstances you can get it to appear in the Land. First, as you stated in reliquaries (but honestly I suspect this is going to be an extremely rare occurence unless the second set of circumstance occurs) or it can appear "naturally" in the evironment if you can create a source of fae energy (i.e. a fairy ring).