Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Even in the Land from place to place items will yield more value due to rarity. That was a post I made on the previous site. When Ricthers ship is finished between the Kinder and the Sprites Ricther should do well. Although he does need a well traveled Kinder Herbalist to recall herbal short comings of other places. The Sprites could work at harvesting magically empowered or strong herbal plants that are commonly found in the river peninsula that could be sold or traded for equal items that are common in other areas. The rarity of both items in different locations would create great sums of wealth. It could work similar to earths early spice traders but flowing both ways instead of oneway.

2. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My only thought is if only needed high levels of mana shouldn’t it be found in the Land?

We know they consider elementum as a Fey Metal from their plain of existence. It might be their “mana” is different. Although, the mushroom gate portal will allow Ambient mana from the feys plain to be absorbed at least while it is open.

Hastur likes this.
  3. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Excellent point...though the dungeon is connected to the Labyrinth and thus is kinda connected to everything. Plus my idea was that Richter gets the actual ore to throw in the well. So maybe its a little of both of our ideas.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well technically not true or Richter would not have any at this point. Now is that likely the only way he will get ore? Perhaps but then again he did not need to trade to have darkstone added to the mine...just SP's. Now since AK went to the trouble of Richter getting the potion of the toadstools from the sea of chaos is this the likely answer, yes? But it would not be the first time AK threw us a curveball....how many people saw tier 2 coming?

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Everyone at least to some extent? We knew racial evolutions were a thing. Tier two adds a second axis for personal evolution based primarily on level, something monsters already had.

6. Jason Pickett

Jason Pickett Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually that rate doesn't take into account the possibility of opening trade with a Fae Realm that is more likely to have Elementum, which was my whole point. As a Fae metal Elementum must be cheaper in a Fae Realm.

7. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I repeat he has the ability to open a portal to Fae where Elementum should be much more affordable. The rate that was given by the Bank is for the River Peninsula as it stood at that time.

8. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

51%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This assumes that the realm the toadstool ring may open a portal to is the same fey realm that elementum occurs naturally in. According to the item description there is more than one and the ring will open a portal to a random fey realm, but also will only do so under the right circumstances (which are not listed).

9. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Fae that you're talking about are embodied by the Light and Dark Courts (its one of the things that I find weird about the land, you have the Light and Dark Courts which traditionally are factions of Fae and then you have the Fae). Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they should go into any trade deals with the Fae blindly, but in most of those legends if you make a deal with the Fae they will at least honor the letter of the agreement. You just got to make sure any contracts are simple enough to understand completely while plugging any of the loopholes you can find.

10. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But again Poke you're looking at the traditional view of the Seelie and Unseelie, which we have no way of knowing if that is what the Fae are going to be like. Especially, since the traditional roles of the Seelie and Unseelie seem to actually be embodied by the Light and Dark Courts.

11. Jason Pickett

0%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, if I remember correctly African Wild Dogs have the best communication skills of all pack hunters and usually the largest packs (again if I remember correctly).

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  12. Dragon

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Trading directly with the fae realms would decrease the price a little. But elementum is still going to be expensive in the fae realm, its a very useful metal.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  13. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As Shout said it is to a random Fae realm. Your comment seems to suggest there is only one. Also the land is like the size of Jupiter. Does anyone here not think that there is at least one portal to a Fae Realm that has access to Elementum somewhere in The Land? Also it was the Tefonim that Richter got portal tech from in the first place and also their vault that he got the Elementum from in the first place. Now anything from the Tefonim is very to extremely rare now but it is very possible that a portal already exists to the according Fae realm...it just has to be found. It might even be in the second level of the dungeon that Richter awoke his 2nd power from.

14. Dragon

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter got the elementum from the mist lords of old, not the Tefonim who existed many ages back.

15. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The stone circle was believed to once be a portal to the Fae plain. There is no doubt the mushroom gate will form another end at some random Fae realm but it will still be the same plain. We can only hope the Fae realm “kingdom” is friendly and open to trade. Over the long history of the Land why wouldn’t we believe there might have been multiple periods of portals, trade, exploration, and even war?

Hastur likes this.
  16. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

51%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Definitely the Tefonim

17. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I was going to say didnt he find it right after getting portals tech from the tefonim queen? Is that not that same vault he got the tefonim jewelry from?

18. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly Cap. I think an interesting question is WHY did the portal stop working? Did it stop being maintained when the Mist Empire fell? Was it a portal the Tefonim created? Did either the Mist Empire or the Tefonim trade with the Fae? Also some fae are incredibly long lived(also time might move slower in a fae realm)...perhaps one lord still lives that there was trade with before.

19. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The elementum was found under the tefonium sarcophagus.

20. Dragon

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right you are.