Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So if he had planned the Dungeon creation/Claiming better the call might have lasted only a second? or less than a second? hmm Build the Dungeon like at 3:10 am? and instaclaim? noone will notice or they will doubt?
    Unless its a message that is seen by everyone in the area.

Johan likes this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would you want to steal the item of power though? A passing adventurer wouldn't know the bloodstone is inside.

The books are clear that it can be anything between the most common of items (worth just 1 DP in generation) to artifacts. This gives the Dungeons some protections, as its simply not worth killing them off for copper coins and old rusty rare weapons.

Its possible that in time an item of power is refined into something more though.

3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It doesn't matter if they know what the item of power is. Regardless of what it is, clearing the Dungeon has a good chance of being worthwhile.
    While the item can be something shitty it is more likely something to be in the middle, or skewed low. Rare I think is a good bet for the most likely, not worth it on its own sure, but that's not the only draw I imagine.
    The Dungeon and the Land reward actions like this. I'm almost positive there is either a Mark of the Adventurer boon/evolution, or a separate Mark from the universe for destroying a Dungeon /taking its item of power. May require 2 Dungeons before showing up, similar to Richter's mortal enemy mark.

Harbinger Slayer, or something like it could be gained. Extra bonuses while fighting or resisting madness in the Labyrinth I dunno.

Belgared, Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Curse of the labyrinth?

5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would the Labyrinth curse you? For going on the 'ultimate adventure?

Curse of the Labyrinth is for breaking the rules, nothing about clearing the dungeon breaks rules.

With danger comes reward. Works both for the Adventurer and the Dungeon. If you willingly try to tempt adventurers into your depths to kill the things that comprise you there is the danger that they will keep on killing beyond what you (the dungeon) can handle.

Mister Bill, Dragon and PokemonThug like this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are 100% right and the stronger the item perhaps the stronger the pull. I still think any item of power taken from a dungeon by another dungeon or labyrinth monster will offer it great rewards. Instant understanding of that magic type and a substantial amount of DP’s. Perhaps new levels or lairs based on the confiscated item of power.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is one mans trash is another mans prize.

The Item of power could be a piece of copper or anything else in the world.

Yet it’s still an item of power. If I’m not mistaken items of power are used to focus magic. To many people in the land a magic wand might only be a stick. If you can’t see it’s worth does that mean it doesn’t have any worth? How many people in the land can cast magic? How many of those people can cast say air magic? If you don’t have the ability to see that something has magical ability what is it to you. If you can’t use its ability it might mean little to you as well. I would like to see Aleron work more on development of magical items such as focuses, imbued items.......................

8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    t
    These items of power might be interesting to being like the Litch..

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds about right

One thing I could see leading to trouble is if some third or fourth tier goes around killing newbie Dungeons. That could piss the Labyrinth off, even if its not technically against the rules. No one likes a griefer.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed.

I imagine items of power will be SLOWLY strengthened over time. Weak items might grow faster initially.

11. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When each of the PoPs Elements was Awoken the Dungeon got an increase in its Dungeon Points, so I was wondering because one of the Dungeons Motivations is to increase its Power by Awakening as many Magics in itself as possible then whether when it Awakens a Magic (that's non Chaos or PoP) whether it will also gain a small increase in DP As well?..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  12. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    SO?

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think dp, the characters are right next to each other on the key board

It's possible, though I don't believe the dungeon will get as large a bonus as the pop awakening its powers. Might be like 5% bonus per basic element, 10% for deeper magics and 15% for new higher energy magics? Along with some other kind of bonus based on the individual types. Though whether the bonus helps the dungeon monsters or the adventurers could go either way. Time might be an interesting one if it ever got unlocked. Something like increasing the flow while inside the Dungeon so less time passes outside the Dungeon.

Deeper magics seem as though they might be the most useful for increasing dungeon efficiency, like how blood is currently used for regenerating dp faster than normal from killed dungeon monsters, the other body based magics should only help in that regard.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think so if it’s a permanent source. Meaning if it can tap into another energy source such as other locations by adding entrances in areas steeped in magic. I believe other items of power would do it. That is as long as the item of power is used by the dungeon and not consumed by the dungeon. Consumption by well or internal consumption would only grant a one time boon with the learning of the object and its magic. Placing an Item of power securely in the dungeon would continually feed it that ambient energy. I think everyone here knows I would go with the second option. The initial higher cost of securing an item of power in the dungeon would likely be overcome in time by the increase of additional DP’s from the source. The dungeon would still learn the type ambient energy/magic over a period of time. It might be possible to close a dungeon room off from all outsiders allowing the dungeon time to absorb enough ambient energy not only to learn the magic but to gain DP’s. Then the dungeon could secure the Item of power in that lair.