Dungeons in the Land (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]
    How it has been working in text is all screwy

2tymes likes this.
  2. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok. I see what you’re saying. I think it would be easier for the author if he limited to treasures and reliquaries. Trying to incorporate that into the day to day is just tedious just for the sake of saying “it’s happening”... just tons of extra words for no reason.

3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He could have easily left out the whole transformation of loot thing and just said, "hes getting 30 percent more, trust me."

I was pretty surprised when the dark energy shot out of him. I wonder if he will ise this to upgrade a spell book in the future.. how pissed would richter be if that had happened to his level 1 spirit magic book, making spirit magic just out of reach for him this whole time.

Andrew Lynas and Johan like this.
  4. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alright I feel like this is the best place to drop my god node theory.

Master node: Actively works to connect the dungeon to other nearby dungeons (via node roads). The closer the dungeons are to each other, the more likely and faster a connection can form. Each connection increases the DP and ambiemt mana bonuses. Also allows instant travel for anyone who has found all the nodes. Only works to connect to other dungeons in the land.

God node: Actively works to form connections (node roads) to dungeons other worlds and higher planes. Far greater amount of ambient mana and DP's gained due to higher concentrations of power. Allows instant travel to and from higher planes/fey worlds/different planets for anyone who has discovered all the nodes.

Andrew Lynas and 2tymes like this.
  5. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s sounds possible

6. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder what would happen if you dropped a reliquary down the Well of Offering

PokemonThug and Johan like this.
  7. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You would get a message that it can't be absorbed without the right room.

8. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But can you move the Reliquary to a different location and open them when when you haven't used all you Luck Points (LP) for the day?

PokemonThug likes this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kender already know of the bugbears, possibility even the army. However I think no one will spy the scouts that come checkout the village. But will the ones with the adventure mark be able to stay away from the new entrance that might have formed outside the village walls?

I think no, plus he will probably need to provide info about the new Dungeon (maybe it's type, possibly level). Will this scout survive? Probably, but I also assume Roswan could be notified who is in his Dungeon.

Hmmm yes, let us keep far out afield on this thought trip. Would the bugbears be able to invade, not through the Labyrinth, but through different entrances to the Dungeon? Of course I have no idea how multiple entrances work. Do they all start you out at the level 1 entrance instance, or to different floors? If these bugbears assume as a new Dungeon it would have no instance and only one floor, they would in for a big surprise.

Side note, since the Dungeon is instanced, is the barbican is ever instance? It is a room, so it should be. But there would be no defenders Manning the defenses. Still I don't think he can get inside using the main entrance.

So they can't get into the village via the main entrance. They keep going through the Dungeon looking for other villagers but, the dungeon is instanced before it should be. They reach the third door, the one leading to the catacombs and the chapel. They take the stairs leading up up up to the Keep. They look around for someone to kidnap or question and kill.

Oh look at this old man that is level...19 wow. No profession, but looks to be a Chamberlain or Lord/Royal. Let's just close the door and ask this old man a few questions...

After an few hours the Bugbear is near death having spilled every secret he knew. The would be assassin is kept alive only to keep a certain Dragonet mollified. A war council is called with Hisako, Sion, and Yoshi.

The sprites are familiar with bugbears skirmishes. They have never needed the mist to help them, and do not need it now. Plans are made, and Yoshi will show them what 10,000 war points in 2 weeks can purchase, at the journey rank "Battle Leader", with a thousand fighters max under his umbra,

1. Novice, Strike Leader, 0.5K?
    2. Initiate, Battle Sergeant, 1.0K
    3. Apprentice, Battle Captain, 2.5K
    4. Journeyman, Battle Leader, 5.0K?
    5. Adept, War Leader, 10K?
    6. masters, Battle Lords. 35K?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  11. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why are you on a different forum from the original post?

12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm on the same forum

13. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter controls access to the dungeon. So he would have to allow them access. Would he? Hard to say. Certainly not if he is not in the village. Also I do not believe Sion being heir gives him the authority to do so. Maybe Roswan could but I doubt it.

14. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    thread i mean

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking that any with Adventures Mark would be allowed, but you might be right.

16. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if any of the magics from the exiles explosion filled any of the dungeons limitless powers motivation. A condensed ball of magic of every type seemed like it could’ve at least fulfilled the ley line powers.

17. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would tend to agree but should not not have been included with the dungeon leveling up? I suppose it possible that he just cannot access until he gets back.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  18. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seems like any boon and motivation prompts will be saved until he gets back to the well of offering. Like the Blood Rite motivation. Should clear the associated quest "the power of blood 1" and 2 easily with all the varied monsters the dungeon now has access to.

That being said, I think Void will be the only magic we see increase any significant amount for the limitless power motivation. First the mention that the magic was exceptionally pure when devouring the voidlings in book 7, which actually makes sense for void magic as it is anathema basically to everything. Second the massive ball, though it contained a lot of mana (read: a metric fu** ton) doesn't make it pure especially because the explosion was caused by the opposite kinds of magic annihilating on each other. By definition mixing and forming impurities.

This also leads me to believe that while death magic may make a small jump from the shear number of undead, it won't be unlocked, again due to purity. They were all rather steeped in eldritch magic a naturally corrupting magic, and I don't see that as 'refined' or 'pure expression' of death magic.

Cire122 and Andrew Lynas like this.
  19. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The awakening of the eldritch could be a crisis in book 9. Eldritch could almost be unlocked and feeding on the ambient magic to awaken itself. Richter could have to do a quest to cleanse to Dungeon.

20. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am with you. If any was woken as was mentioned it would be a ley line power. Most likely dark magic. We know the undead were using dark magic because Richters arrow went through a mage shield.