EA Goes Too Far

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Yuli Ban, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's worse than that.

4,528 Hours or $2,100 Unlocks All Current Content in 'Battlefront II'

This is greed of such a stupendously bold and powerful sort that I almost couldn't believe that figure, but it's true. EA sold us a game so incomplete that you have to spend 189 days non-stop pure-consecutively or $2,100 on top of the $60+ upfront price tag just to get the complete package if you buy the standard game. It's greed so unashamed of itself that it's beautiful. It's the ultimate penny-pinching. It's the ultimate evil. It is the Satan of modern video gaming. There is no worse than this; we've finally reached the peak (and yes, that was stolen from stanburdman). No one's seriously going to spend six months non-stop on a mediocre game. I've put in 200+ hours on some games, but that was over the course of months. You'd need to be an MMO (zing!) to get anyone to seriously pull that off. I'm sure there's a game released twenty years ago that has a diehard fan who knows where every pixel is placed and said fan hasn't put in even half of that many hours into the game.

If you did try to spend six months on a game, you're going to suffer. Bathroom breaks? That's time wasted. Eating? Time wasted. Sit too long and you'll develop pus-filled sores on your ass and legs. Gotta move around. That's wasted time. And above all else, you're gonna hafta go to sleep at some point. That's time wasted. So that six months could fast become 2 years or more, as long as every waking hour is spent on this one singular video game. No job, no TV, no other games, not even masturbation. If you dare look away from that screen for even one minute, you're wasting time.

And to completely crush your soul, the servers will be turned off in two years and all your progress will be lost. I hope you didn't only manage to grind for 4,527 hours and 30 minutes!

The cherry on top of your broken soul is that you're not getting paid for it. No, you have to pay for the loot boxes and cards.

It's like a dead-end dead-ass depressing job where you work 40 hour weeks for two years but you have to pay your boss.

Hey.... that would make for a really dystopic LitRPG backdrop, wouldn't it? There are games released in such unfinished states that rich kids hire poor plebians to waste years of their lives unlocking everything rather than spend the extra money to buy the Special Ultimate Platinum Gold Edition + Season Pass 1, Season Pass 2.1, and Season Pass 2.3.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    OH MAN.
    Battlefront 2 Limits Daily Credits Earned In Arcade Mode

This is shockingly greedy. So if you wander into Arcade Mode in an attempt to make it feel less like a grind, you'll wind up getting fewer credits overall anyway. It's like EA wanted to sabotage this game and make sure that people only ever associate Star Wars with unrepentant greed and shamelessness.

EDIT:
    ₮h€ i₦₮€₦₮ i$ ₮¤ ₱₹¤vi₫€ ₱₺₳¥€₹$ ₩i₮h ₳ $€₦$€ ¤ƒ ₱₹i₫€ ₳₦₫ ₳¢¢¤₼₱₺i$h₼€₦₮ ƒ¤₹ u₦₺¤¢₭i₦₲ ₫iƒƒ€₹€₦₮ h€₹¤€$. ₳$ ƒ¤₹ ¢¤$₮, ₩€ $€₺€¢₮€₫ i₦i₮i₳₺ v₳₺u€$ ฿₳$€₫ u₱¤₦ ₫₳₮₳ ƒ₹¤₼ ₮h€ ¤₱€₦ ฿€₮₳ ₳₦₫ ¤₮h€₹ ₳₫ju$₮₼€₦₮$ ₼₳₫€ ₮¤ ₼i₺€$₮¤₦e ₹€₩₳₹₫$ ฿€ƒ¤₹€ ₺₳u₦¢h. ₳₼¤₦₲ ¤₮h€₹ ₮hi₦₲$, ₩€'₹€ ₺¤¤₭i₦₲ ₳₮ ₳v€₹₳₲€ ₱€₹-₱₺₳¥€₹ ¢₹€₫i₮ €₳₹₦ ₹₳₮€$ ¤₦ ₳ ₫₳i₺¥ ฿₳$i$, ₳₦₫ ₩€'₺₺ ฿€ ₼₳₭i₦₲ ¢¤₦$₮₳₦₮ ₳₫ju$₮₼€₦₮$ ₮¤ €₦$u₹€ ₮h₳₮ ₱₺₳¥€₹$ h₳v€ ¢h₳₺₺€₦₲€$ ₮h₳₮ ₳₹€ ¢¤₼₱€₺₺i₦₲, ₹€₩₳₹₫i₦₲, ₳₦₫ ¤ƒ ¢¤u₹$€ ₳₮₮₳i₦₳฿₺€ vi₳ ₲₳₼€₱₺₳¥. ₩€ ₳₱₱₹€¢i₳₮€ ₮h€ ¢₳₦₫i₫ ƒ€€₫฿₳¢₭, ₳₦₫ ₮h€ ₱₳$$i¤₦ ₮h€ ¢¤₼₼u₦i₮¥ h₳$ ₱u₮ ƒ¤₹₮h ₳₹¤u₦₫ ₮h€ ¢u₹₹€₦₮ ₮¤₱i¢$ h€₹€ ¤₦ ₹€₫₫i₮, ¤u₹ ƒ¤₹u₼$ ₳₦₫ ₳¢₹¤$$ ₦u₼€₹¤u$ $¤¢i₳₺ ₼€₫i₳ ¤u₮₺€₮$. ¤u₹ ₮€₳₼ ₩i₺₺ ¢¤₦₮i₦u€ ₮¤ ₼₳₭€ ¢h₳₦₲€$ ₳₦₫ ₼¤₦i₮¤₹ ¢¤₼₼u₦i₮¥ ƒ€€₫฿₳¢₭ ₳₦₫ u₱₫₳₮€ €v€₹y¤₦€ ₳$ $¤¤₦ ₳₦₫ ₳$ ¤ƒ₮€₦ ₳$ ₩€ ¢₳₦.

Paul Bellow and Alexis Keane like this.
  3. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, it is owned by Disney now, so, it's not really that far a walk if you know what I mean.

5. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No I dont know what you mean could you POSSIBLY be suggesting that DISNEY the multibillion dollar company who has aggressively bought almost the entire movie industry could be greedy and shameless?

Alexis Keane likes this.
  6. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    mickey-mouse-darth-vader.jpg

[​IMG]

Pure Evil.

Alexis Keane and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Free Mickey Mouse!

[​IMG]

Alexis Keane likes this.