Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "You have slain a Level 52 Ravager Wurm (Tier 2). You have gained 5,782 XP." Bk 8

"You have been awarded 44,468 experience (base 508,216 x 0.07 x 1.25) from Brain Drain against Level 26 Ankheg." Bk 8

Even half the brain drain XP is still 4 times the amount he got from a higher level tier 2. And if XP doesn't start over with evolutions, then she is going to really power level Richtær. Just...172 more creatures to go (not fast, 1/3 year?)...Go Alma!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Joe Schmoe and ShoughtLoud like this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well its fairly dangerous for her to hunt on her own. She is defenseless during the process and its likely higher leveled creatures take longer to drain. That bugbear ranger could have killed her, but chose to wait so he wouldn't tip off the village.

3. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    VERY true, but I don't think that will stop her. She seems committed. Maybe it would be better to do the swoop and psi beam and grab + inflict poison. If she can lift a level 26 ankeg then that girl has some lifting power. She should be able to stun, poison and take the body away to her nest for uninterrupted or village helped killing of the creature.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  4. Dragon

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well hunting in teams would limit her exposure significantly, though she would also need to stick to areas where the villagers can survive hunting.

If Aleron wants to make leveling harder he can always add a new requirement beyond exp to grow in level.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

66%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another thing to wondering about is what Experience will Richters Companions get from Tier 2 Quests that Richter might get and complete and any other Tier 2 Experience Rewards from Richter that his Companions also receive? A reduced amount or the full amount.

6. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think full. It feels like that stuff is independent of Tier.

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really hoping Richter will hire merc orcs ir trolls or ogers even 20 of the professional warriors would be great. Better yet at least 300.
    They will be paid by letting them use the dungeon with lower tax f.e. (cause now everyone alewady knows about it: sprites, bugnear alliamce, kobolds??, kidr..)

What else should Richter do before returning(the problem might be that he would be teleported back.. but the mercs will stay behind.. unless he will find a portal gate back to the dungeon portal

8. 2tymes

2tymes Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m really curious about the specialization rewards. Reliquaries from the Labyrinth I get... but what’s a god node and if a master node has Randy geeked how much better is a god node

Joe Schmoe and Andrew Lynas like this.
  9. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe about it connecting to all node roads.

10. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How did Richtær kill 407 undead & living dead? I can only assume it is counting hundreds of creatures dying on the steps as they ran through the fire.

Also I wonder if the harvested creatures can be reanimated with death magic? Having extra buddies help you navigate would have been great. Then he could have tried to kaos magik upgrade them. I would like to see if the Worm is upgraded to the Wurm, or if other options exist.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  11. Andrew Lynas

66%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some of that Number may well involve creatures killed by the Mauler when it was still a Pet, also possibly some killed by the Falling Idol after Alma detonated the Legs, do her kills count towards his count with her being his Soul Bonded Familiar?

I would think that they can be Raised, but depending on their State after the Harvesting there may well be some type of either reduction in Stats, Levels and capabilities, or some type of even lesser version of Undead might be created rather then the normal Lesser Animated Corpse/Zombie that is normally created?

Johan likes this.
  12. 2tymes

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    see I assumed that since master nodes were a convergence of node roads maybe a god node was a convergence of master nodes. Being that it’s a legendary bonus I would imagine it’s going to be something crazy. And it’s probably how the Mc in his new book will end up in the mist village one day.

Joe Schmoe and Johan like this.
  13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So like the master nodes will all be only one node away? That'd be dope

14. 2tymes

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right and if master nodes brought in more labyrinthine energy, I can only assume that the god node would make the dungeon extremely powerful super fast.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  15. Dragon

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The exiles action may not have counted as the action of a sentient being as they are technically blocked from acting within the land? If so, Richter and Alma may have gotten credit for causing the explosion by default. Similar to a man throwing a tiny rock getting credit for the landslide that leveled the town.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  16. Dragon

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The god node is likely on a level above Masternodes, meaning that while Master nodes draw regul noderoads close, the godnodes draw on the Masternodes. There is only one Godnode on the entire continent the River peninsula is part of, so its a really big deal. Much more important than the core buildings and the dungeon.

On a sidenote, can someone explain how masternodes work? How can they bend noderoads, if noderoads are simply a series of nodes visited by an adventurer in no particular order?

17. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was only 17 dp/day * +% for the master node. How much more could legendary be, Double? Squared?

18. Andrew Lynas

66%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    God Modes may also connect to Dungeon Nodes in other Worlds/Realms as well?.

I have been wondering if there is a connection between a Dungeon God Node and the Title of his next Book, Gods Eye? After all Earth does get connected to the Labyrinth in some way?

2tymes likes this.
  19. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    hopefully a coincidence. But I believe they connect, they kinda have to via Labyrinth. But how does it even make sense to transform the whole world into a labyrinth?

20. Dragon

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well the 17 point bonus for the master node was added to base points before adding bonuses, if he squares it that is another 68 points before adding the 486% in bonuses or 398.48 dp extra per day. So thats a pretty big pile of dp right there and I believe the master node would grow more powerful in time? Likely the same is true for the god node.