Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Order still hasn’t been released upon the land. When he released chaos it said that order would follow it.

I think the whole Order thing is Hog $hit! They have all had order accordingly to their alignments. In my opinion Chaos has actually disrupted that order. As far as I am concerned order magic is BS.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty sure the kindir have no crime whatsoever apart from very rare violence. They do not consider it theft to take something from someone elses home, pocket, bag, etc. , nor do they get offended when the same happens to them. There are likely exceptions like taking everything from homes or all the food from the stores, but gennerally kindir wouldn't do that. They are usually interested by innocent interest.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richtær has made two lists of materials for the novice portal already, without our knowing. He could have also produced a blueprint for a novice portal without our knowing. I don't know if Richtær would have handed it over to HM, but Randy probably has access to it if it exists and could give it to HM.

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that Portals are in of those things that just having a BluePrint and the right Construction&Enchanting Levels wouldn't be enough, you also need the Foundation Knowledge of Portal Tech, which was what Richter was given by the Tefinen Queen.

5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is a tech like any other. HM could put those diplomacy points to use and take it.

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One thing that really grinds my gears about book 8 is the interaction with Nexus. Dude should have been dragged into Nexus' world for 7 days.

7. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    2 questions and a statement. Lol

Was Void or Eldritch magic unlocked in the dungeon during the battle in book seven? And when Richter finds black ice (I’m assuming that he will) will sacrificing part (I’m also assuming the some of the Void Mauler will be on the town hall) of the void mauler be enough to unlock void magic....

Statement...

I think I found the statement that unequivocally proves the lich was the master of a POP. We all know that words mean shit in The Land, and we all know that Nein was “the vassal of a Master”. Saw this in book 7.

The lich’s left arm was missing and as well as some of his face. That entire side of the undead’s body was charred. The once-powerful king of a soon-to-be extinct kingdom was laid low. Richter’s hand tightened on the grip of his Named weapon and he stared at the Mage with actual hate in his heart. The damage the lich had suffered was not enough to quench the rage inside of him.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am very curious especially about death magic and dark magic. The dungeon sure did consume a LOT of the animated dead not to have learned how to make them.

With the dungeon sensing the power and turning toward it to consume it what did it get? How much of the magical blast did it absorb?
    I know a lot of people don’t believe it has learned any chaos magic either.

Personally I believe it should have chaos magic as well. It has the magic power. Although, it might not have many spells. After all the dungeon did twang the string of chaos. Which awakened the pixie.

Speaking of magic when will we see Ricther use blood harvest in the labyrinth killing besides his friends?

2tymes likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon requires 100.000 points of pure Death power to unlock it.

One of the rarest and most powerful pure expressions of life, the life roots granted as a gift by HM herself who has a very limited supply growing beneath the hearth tree (most likely only grown there and in other extremely rare places) was worth 50 points per root. That means Richter needs 2000 such roots (except he gets life at 100.000/100 the normal cost).

A regular undead shouldn't be worth more than a handful of points, certainly not as much as the root. If it increases per level the Dungeon may have netted a 2000-3000 points from the invasion.

The shrouds would be a better source of pure death. Assuming whoever dies can force it out a day after death the shroud would be extremely powerful.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  10. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I wondered about the magical blast as well, because that was a massive amount of every kind of magic in the land. I would imagine that at the very least the 4 elements that make up his POP is close.

And as far as void magic goes, I think that the dungeon is going to be able to unlock it based on the voidlings that died in the dungeon.

“It wondered briefly at the significance of the Void magic that was beginning to be awakened in it, but such considerations were currently beyond its comprehension.”

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At the end of book seven after the dungeon was over ran did it not say it learned how to make some of the dead it consumed? :zbrains: :zbang:

It also said it learned what they were like in life. Some how it even learned their names. Of course one of those consumed had stone like bones it said it thought it could make it given time.

Here comes the Rock Giant!!!! ::DANCE::

I know you don’t agree with that either.

Didn’t y’all say it was just a petrified beast or something?

If the dungeon only netted 2-3k points it must have been enough.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This quote makes me think about the dungeons chaos magic.

Remember at the end of book 7 the dungeon was kind of intimidated and wasn’t sure what it was doing but it was still capable of twanging the strings of chaos magic. Plus it already had the ability to spawn chaos particles.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It learned how the living versions worked. It still cannot make undead, giants or humanoids.

But it can summon the living versions of the undead beasts that apparently made up a good chunk of his army - several hundred new types of beasts were learned.

As for rock giants. Its a giant, not a beast or animal. I'm not convinced this describes a rock giant anyway

The rock giant Richter fought was not intelligent enough to use weapons or clothes. Not even an uprooted tree.

This could be an evolved version that got smarter, but more likely it is something different. Something worse.

Its also quite possible the lich dug the remains of some long extinct creature up and turned it into an undead creature. I mean remains are remains, and a dino would be pretty awesome.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  14. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could be the Reanimated remains of a Earth Elemental Beast, a Stone Ape or similar.

Dragon likes this.
  15. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Except Nexus doesn't really like Richter. And he is already getting what he wants from Richter. I doubt Richter has anything else he wants.

16. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Singh’s army was comprised of dwarves, humans, orcs, ogres, naiads, centaurs, beastkin and many other sapient races. The Dungeon learned them all. The beastkin were especially interesting as their forms were so very similar to the creatures the Dungeon could already spawn. It immediately tried to do so, but found that they were not “beast” enough to fit within the spectrum of monsters the barrow could make. If the Dungeon could have felt disappointed, it would not have done so for long."

This was, I'm pretty sure before the dungeon connected to the Labyrinth. Is it not able to do all creatures now based off of Richter's limitless ability? Just like the MV can research any tech. Of course its something the has to be absorbed or put into the well of offering.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The pop is directly linked to Richter. The Dungeon just happens to be on his property even though he is its Master that does not link them the same way.

18. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

"Know this! As Dungeon Master, your abilities affect the Dungeon. Your Harbinger is a Reptile Beast; as such, your Dungeon would normally be populated by Reptile Beasts. Your Limitless ability has extended this monster type to include all beast and animals. More options may be possible in the future. Predators loc 273

You were saying? ;)

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That your qoute disproves your own idea that it should be all creatures? :)

20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All beasts and animals doesn't include the sapient / classic races of the land (elves, humans, dwwarves, beastkin, goblins, etc.) answered your own question.

Now, that "More options may be possible in the future" bit does seem to imply that he may be able to eventually go beyond even the limitations of beasts and animals, which is already a super broad category, as evidenced by the massive amount of creatures his dungeon gained (he would not have gotten nearly as many if he was still limited to reptile beasts only).

There is no text evidence that says connecting to the labyrinth would unlock things beyond beasts and animals for the dungeon to spawn, and we haven't learned or seen anything else referencing the expansion mechanic yet either. It could be linked to the limitless power motivation, but I think it will come from somewhere else be it specialization bonuses (on the 10s of spec level seems reasonable if you watch the spec requirements from the perspective of a dungeon without limitless), an undiscovered motivation (personally my last choice), perhaps the labyrinth store, or through some sort of Dungeon Conquest (where your Dungeon subjugates another Dungeon, and gains access to its monster types).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.