Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not sure how much the dungeon would benefit from a tree no matter how large it is. I think the DP's from sacrificed and absorbed creatures and materials have more to do with quality rather than quantity. Now magical trees sacrificed might provide better DP's but then your decimating your magic trees for DP's and that doesn't seem like it would be worth it. I think sacrificing some saplings from both mundane and magical trees is a good idea as it might encourage the dungeon to grow some sort of underground Forrest.

2. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Richter grew some of those spider eggs to try and get a queen then tamed that, he could have hordes of spider drones to send into the dungeon to hunt / die in there.

Would controlling the queen with tame give him control of the whole hive?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some of us had mentioned that Ricther should take a few spider eggs from the stasis cabinet in the glass cauldron to hatch. What do you think Roswan would say about them being hatched in his egg chamber? I would also be interested in using one of the eggs with a celestial fruit to make a potion. Wasn’t it said that the eggs if eaten could change one off your base attributes?

Dragon likes this.
  4. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would love to read the reaction of Roswan when given a plate of such spider eggs. Might put him off eggs for life.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's a good use within the definition of the room. I like it.

Maybe they can spawn more eggs in? Creating a room with refilling egg clusters would also be interesting. Dungeon monsters only of course. ;)

6. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its used to create a growth potion. Other use we already know, it greatly increases the growth rate of offspring.

7. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It does say that the eggs "given proper care, this egg can grow into an Assengai spider. The specific spider birthed will be random. Predators loc 8078. There are enough eggs that Richter could hatch enough til we have a queen. Richter could very likely tame a queen as it would be a lower level at birth. Though like the Skath's he would probably try the domestication route first though I don't think that would work. So he controls queen and queen controls the rest is my guess of how it would go.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  8. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I always wondered if he sacrificed an egg to the dungeon could the dungeon use it to grow all of the monsters in the dungeon. And could the dungeon use the one egg to grow the spiders/queen itself. Would it count as a new beast, resource and item?

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Ricther did throw a egg into the well of offering.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was also stated that the eggs give a chance of permanently upgrading one of your base stats if I’m not mistaken

11. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So if he did are there going to spider queens or an entire floor of spiders in the dungeon. Would you get the eggs as loot to permanently boost some of your stats.

12. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possible Uses: A spider queen can birth any type of assengai spider. As such, the hormones and enzymes in the sac are extremely nourishing. The contents of this sac may be used to create growth potions. It is also highly coveted by other monsters as it will make their own offspring grow stronger. This egg sac can also create strong web traps. Weight: 11.2 kg
    You have found: Stem Cell Egg of an Assengai Spider Queen Durability: 2/2 Herb Class: Unusual. Possible Uses: This egg was contained inside of the egg sac of an Assengai Spider Queen. Each egg could create any type of Assengai spider or even more eggs. As the Queen is now dead, specific spiders cannot be grown, but each egg retains much of its undefined power. If fed to other monsters, it may increase their stats. If fed to immature monsters, it will greatly accelerate their growth in addition to increasing their stats. There is a very small chance of the creature evolving to a stronger form. Given proper care, this egg could grow into an assengai spider. The specific spider birthed will be random. Weight: 0.3 kg

Monster stats yes, people stats no. (as far as his herb lore can tell)

We never got a prompt for it, seems like the kind of thing that would get a mention too.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As Shout said it effects monsters stats if eaten raw. My desire is to see one dropped into the cauldron with a celestial fruit to see what they can come up with. The celestial fruit does enhance people and it can in time make them celestial.

So given time, the two items could be used to make a potion in the cauldron that might be beneficial to everyone.

2tymes likes this.
  14. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    HGH (heavenly growth hormone)

15. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you are an animal or beast youngling it has that effect. As for the nourishing effect on adults or humanoids, it hasn't been tested.

There are a number of things that provide permanent stat bonuses, including a consumable item sold by the traders. Stuff like that is one reason I could see the king of Yves being a total beast. A lazy, untrained beast, but still a powerhouse.

16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes get that professional cook to experiment with the spider eggs. Sounds like he could get some great dishes...as far as stat boosts (permanent?)...maybe not taste.

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another great idea is to have a village toast or drinking song. This could provide some boosts for recovery or fighting spirit.
    Here's to the land of the long leaf pine,
    The summer land where the sun doth shine,
    Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great,
    Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!

Here's to the land of the cotton bloom white,
    Where the scuppernong perfumes the breeze at night,
    Where the soft southern moss and jessamine mate,
    'Neath the murmuring pines of the Old North State!

Here's to the land where the galax grows,
    Where the rhododendron's rosette glows,
    Where soars Mount Mitchell's summit great,
    In the "Land of the Sky," in the Old North State!

Here's to the land where maidens are fair,
    Where friends are true and cold hearts rare,
    The near land, the dear land, whatever fate,
    The blessed land, the best land, the Old North State!

18. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unless atrophy exists in the Land. We know attributes can randomly increase through use. Perhaps attributes can randomly drop due to disuse.

19. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I cpould see this beeing the case especially in Dungeon exploration or patroling the lands:
    3 fighters: tank, DPS, tank/healer
    3 raged: mage, archer, bard/thief

Before every fight use buff party with heroism, mass bless, haste, stone skin, magic shields, etc..
    In this way even a party with media lvl of 8 can easily take down a single lvl 12 beast f.e.

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They already have songs for this.
    The celestial songs of the Pixes work in that manor. I am really looking forward to some of the celestial Pixies traveling with the bard and singing songs while he plays a magical stringed instrument made from the winged “kholorobi”. I know I slaughtered the name. Sorry for the poor spelling.

I have long advocated for Ricther to send out teams that will work together in Yves. Each team working together but separately from the other teams. The prostitute the lock smith the bard, the Troubadour and the rogue having their own spy teams.

Can you imagine how hypnotic the music will be with a pixie singing and a magical instrument?

What affects do you think they will be able to have?

I would like to see one where it makes everyone listening willing to fight and protect the whole troop. Maybe another to make the crowds rejoice in tears. A group like that might even be capable of getting a Royal audience.