Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know that it takes a really long time for most beings to reach high levels and to fight as real combat units in cohesion. The Orcs Ricther came upon in the depths seemed to have fight a long hard battle. Ricther talked about how highly skilled they were. He spoke of how they fought in Unison. He mentioned their bonuses and skills to the point that I felt he stood in amazement watching them fighting as a team.

I must admit I did like AKs cliffhanger but I still found the books full of Fluff. They just didn’t have the meat I was wishing for but it was good for a short story.

Ricther had sensed some chaos and he wasn’t clear what type it was. I know everyone seems to think at least one of the Orcs will be a chaos seed. But I’m just not so sure.

What would have drawn the Orcs so far deep with such a highly skilled group?

Could it have been they to are looking for a source of chaos?

Somehow the goblins had locked on to the chaos shards location. They had even brought in miners from other areas perceiveably looking for it. Is it possible that a chaos shard or particle is laying in the depths of the underworld? That could account for why such a high end group of trained Orcs are fighting away in the depths of the land. It sounded as if they were losing some numbers of their war party.

I would expect that if they aren’t hunting something serious they wouldn’t be so deep.
    Although Ricther could have found a chaos seed I’m just not so sure. If he did get a glimpse at a chaos seed it is most likely dead from the worms.

So will Ricther find someone’s chaos points where he watched them die? Or will he find a larger particle perhaps even a shard?

It would really add to the story if he just stood and watched the Orcs military pros as another chaos seed fought and died. Traveling back to the Orcs home he might even get to meet a Orcish chaos seed once reborn.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think any of the orcs are chaos seeds, that would be really weird actually. Richter sensed one source of chaos with his ability, but none seemed to come from the orcs. We also know five sets of eyes watched him, which means the chaos seed is probably the fifth being.

The orc clan most likely live underground. As for why they are there, they are led by a group of level 20 to 30 professionals fighting in a lair against a massive swarm of creatures, led by 4 t2 creatures wiith 30 levels+ on them. Before Richter entered they were doomed. They had already lost most of their warparty because of how outmatched they are, with very little to show for it.

Given that attacking the wurms was essentially suicide, I don't think they entered this battle deliberately, they were tricked somehow and for whatever reason couldn't disengage and retreat leading to them being slaughtered. Sure they managed to deal with one worm after Richter pulled the pressure off them, but against four they would have been massively outmatched.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So you seem to think the other pair of eyes were controlling or influencing the Orcs? That’s a good concept. But I still feel like the Orcs are working into the depths and not trying to get out.

That would make good sense. I just don’t buy that it was Heman. I don’t believe he had enough time to have been respawned. Nor would he had time to take control of the Orcs.
    I agree with you that the Orcs likely live under ground. Although, I believe they wouldn’t live as deep as they are adventuring. I think Orcs would live closer to the outside. Orcs in most series are considered more ravenous and wouldn’t be able to feed a tribe as well deep under ground.

What do you think they are doing so deep?

I had been under the belief they were on a mission.

4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, I don't think the other set of eyes were Heman, that would make no sense whatsoever. I've laid out several ideas in detail elsewhere but basically: He could be their companion or their target (leading them into the area deliberately or accidentally).

Their controller I find unlikely, given that virtually all chaos seeds that we know off and those we can infer from Heman's ramblings were in the prison camps, were fairly weak. These are of cause not necesarily representative of all chaos seeds, but i'd say most are probably at the level of the average mist villagers or below.

I find it most likely that this new chaos seed led them into a trap either on purpose or by accident - if they were busy hunting him they could have overlooked signs that they would otherwise have avoided. He could be with them and this is an accident, but if so I don't get how their whole party would get into this impossible situation. Surely a large warparty would have scouts and trackers out to avoid wandering into truly dangerous areas.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In that line of thought, I imagine the orcs have a village nearby, or alternatively live in the city controlled by the ogre. As for food, a combination of mushroom farms and other underground plants could be used to feed lifestock. Said lifestock provides milk and meat. Which gives them a reasonably balanced diet.

For whatever reason the chaos seed has done something or is something worthy of pursuit and death.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  6. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can see the fifth set of eyes, presumably the chaos seed, is stalking the orcs. Waiting for something to happen to them (or made a situation happen to them) and killing the last few or similar.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's another option. It doesn't explain the massive difference in combat power in this encounter. The orcs had to know they would get slaugthered by the worms, and I don't see how their scouts could have missed a small army of giant worms? So why enter their territory?

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can hear Ricther now. Hey you guys mind if I help myself here. I just need a few things. I mean I really hate to borrow a dead mans loincloth but hey who wants to look at my schlong?

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    W
    What if it’s not a chaos seed? It could be some sort of “new” Chaotic beast that has been hunting them in their own village.

Dragon, Andrew Lynas and Johan like this.
  10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Arrrgghhh
    AK says book 1 of the Gods Eye comes out this mo.
    Book 9 by the end of year

P.S. send memes, need help!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really? Diden't he say the same last month? And the last month before last month? And the last month before that?

2tymes likes this.
  12. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At this point once a date is given I believe it. Other than that nah. Today is the 8th if there’s no date by now, I doubt it’ll come out this month. Book 9 definitely next summer

13. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    lol next summer...
    what an optimist!!

@Dragon yep, I feel like AK sometimes just wants to stream on fb, and the only thing he can say is well.. book is comming soon lol

Hastur, Dragon and Captain BlackJack like this.
  14. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    EARLY summer... see how optimistic I am. Lol

PokemonThug likes this.
  15. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like early summer near the equator or early summer in canada?

16. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ......... yes

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol@Shout

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I second that.

PokemonThug likes this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ahh that's the issue here. You are using an earth calender, but Aleron is using a calender from Uranus, which means a season is 21 earth years long. That's why he can promise to have 3-4 books out by years end.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  20. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You said it Poke...I think he likes the celebrity much more than the writing.

Captain BlackJack likes this.