Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Zinga

Zinga Level 4 (Warrior) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    SQUIRIL!

So, I was wondering if I was the only one that thought his CPs would have been much better used spamming the super cheap first teir of the chaos sea in hopes of getting a weapon or armor or something useful to him while stranded?

Don't get me wrong, the monocle is dope.

2. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    More chaos spells. The one he got is getting kinda old. Was never all that impressed with it to start with.
    Hopefully the next book will have at least one new magic type. I’ll settle for school (life,blood,etc) but i want to see a new type (deeper,higher,etc). There is mention of planar magic and hints at others. like during The hyper-meta specializations selection, with the huge amount of colors representing magics.

in my opinion the tier 2 boost was way too op.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do wonder what Thought Magic Spell he would have gotten if he had chosen that option.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree.

I’m looking forward to see more blood and thought magic.

Ricther did alarm the blood coven that someone was using blood magic in their domain. I really expect the dungeon to bring the blood coven out. As soon as the word gets out about a dungeon the drinks blood the should come running.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Should be a while off yet, but I also expect the blood coven will make an appearance. Whether that's good or bad is impossible to know. Blood magic isn't inherently good or bad, but if these are the same people that almost succeeded in committing genocide against the people of Yves, they might not be someone Richter will want at his side. Or near him.

This brings me back to thoughts of what might have happened with the bloodstones the sanguimancers used against Yves? Somehow the Yvesians brought them down, but does that mean the Yvesian king has 3 blood stones in his arsenal? Could he have given one to the goblins as a weapon to use against the forest of Nadria?

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wouldn’t that be the treasure for Ricther to find!

I would like to see Hisako learn to use blood magic.

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or spirit

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually making spell books for weak aura Lance would be a really good way to level spirit magic to get around the 24 hours cool down on the same spell

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have brought up this option before. With HM's highly developed mind - no question she has gone through a ton of training as well as endless challenges over the years - she should be able to power some truly terrifying spells.

I fear what an Yvesian sanguimancer loaned out to the invaders could do with a bloodstone in hand and access to a few thousand slaves to bleed over and over. Such an enemy could easily tip the scales irrevocably in the invaders favor.

10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another good idea for helping to Level Spirit Magic would be to Channel Spirit Magic into his Hands and Tools while Crafting or Smithing something and so Infuse a little Spirit Magic into that object (the same why High Elfs do when Building, Crafting, Smithing things). Would also work for Blood, Chaos (and Thought Magic once he learns that) and any other type of Magic as well. Might also help to boost the effectiveness of an Enchantment of the same Element Magic type you Infused into that object?

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if the Blood Coven might be connected to or even members of the Vampires of the Shadow Trench?

12. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    While you might be bored with Akton Evolution an easy argument could be made that Richter would have lost the Lich fight without the mauler being changed into a Void Chain Mauler...not to mention the dungeon getting exposed to void magic.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would be interesting to see what effect Converting Akaton Evolution into an Enchantment and then placing it on a Collar for Pets would have on them? Would they Evolve as long as they a Wearing it, or would it only be Activateable on command but only for a short period of time with a period of inactivity till it Recharges, or would it do something else?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  14. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He actually already has more blood magic coming...he just needs to level it.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know.

I just really think the dungeon is full of opportunities to learn or receive more.

As long as the bloodstone was capable of consuming its would be welders it has to be full of knowledge. Personally I think we will see the bloodstone regain its memories. I also think it is likely the largest depository of magical knowledge in all of the Land. It could even perceivably know what happened to the gods. I’m not say it does but it could have some knowledge of what happened.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it would default to something that enhances the summoned creature or pet rather than evolves it, but can be worn by the owner. Like the summoning ring, except working on creatures that have already been summoned as well as pets.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now that is a bold claim.
    Maybe adds a percent chance for summoned pets to evolve on summoning and tamed pets to evolve new traits on kills (and if the tamed pets get enough new traits to trigger an evolution)?

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  18. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This BS was what has killed the "Lost" series for me .. baby this .. baby that.. baby cries.. baby goes somewhere..

19. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Never said it wasn’t a powerful spell, it is limited in utility though. Chaos buffs or curses would be a good addition to his arsenal. My main problem with akyton evolution is that richter has become a little too dependent on it.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I am sure Futen with all his memories will rate pretty highly himself. I just don’t think he has consumed blood mages and all their knowledge for untold years.