Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So for level 10 =>
    45.000 * 5 = 225.000

Or 5 ankag level creatures.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah basically. Not saying she couldn't but she apparently had to look around for a bit before she could find something like it, so while not necessarily the best litmus test, its what we got. Put together a quick and dirty for comparing the tier 2 lvl1 vs tier1 level 1, if the 5x multiplier holds true.

leveling .jpg

I'd say an ankheg kill per day is super reasonable, meaning he wouldn't necessarily hit the week long timer on multi-level stat assignments until he was about 25. Assuming the one kill per day though that would take like 63 days

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  3. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    the thing is Alma doesn't have to go for big kills. She also doesn't have to hunt alone, on the contrary she has an entire village to draw on.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Never said she couldn't, just going under the assumptions listed

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Draining lowlevelled beasts and animals captured by hunters was part of my argument.

6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And what are they going to eat next month?

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  8. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If they kill enough creatures to return his levels they will depopulate the area. No food

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not at all. One lair could supply them with thousands of creatures for harvesting, and the Domain has a lot of lairs and nests. You are thinking of this in terms of what would be possible on earth, but Land creatures survive at least partially on mana.

For most it wouldn't be that beneficial to harvest them, but Alma's exp steal is extremely OP. She gets 7% of their exp per kill regardless of their powerlevel.

10. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    On another note, i am guessing that not only is the orc chaos seed going to take the vassal offer, he is also going to know a route to the lich home. If for no other reason than to avoid it like a plague

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m still not sold on any of the Orcs being chaos seeds.

But this is a kick @$$ thought. I don’t recall whom mentioned the Orcs teaming up with Ricther and fighting the Orges or leading him into the Orge camp. I do hope they play a big roll as he does have the flag to lead them in battle.

12. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m a little annoyed that richters massive debuff episode didn’t net him any skill point in self awareness. Especially since he created a minor golem while under the effects.

13. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yea, I bet the Orcs know where the Giant Freaking Mausoleum filled with a massive undead army used to be. They might also know the location of the Shadow Trench assuming it isn't too far away. I have wondered if the Orcs got themselves into the crappy situation they were in because they were finally free to explore the surrounding areas following the destruction of Singh's army.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not so sure. It really depends on Singh's activity level. If all they did is pick off the occasional scout/ adventurer/ adventuring party/ warparty/ army that wandered into the area, neighboring factions might simply write it off as an area with too high a dangerlevel. Undead have few material needs that would force them to go outside their primary territory (especially not with the vampires feeding them resources) and with Singh sleeping for centuries in his Sarcophagus at a time, the remaining undead would simply spend that time guarding the exile's EFFIGY.

That was Singh's only job, and when the lich failed the Exile turned all of the power he was about to grant him into a giant magical sphere. The Exile diden't give a shit about Richter either, the destruction of the Effigy made him vaporize everything in reach because nothing else in that cavern was valuable or useful enough to be saved for future use. The protection of the effigy was worth spending millenia in hiding.

Waterhobit likes this.
  15. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They would be aware of him and they would have sentries and fortifications between them and the lich. Singh would have had his servants raid neighbors in order to make more servants. You don’t get an army that size by hunkering down. His servants would also want to make more, so even if singh slept for a century someone would be raiding.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think his slaves had much autonomy, so when he slept nothing much changed. Even his general the ghast was little more than that and most were bound to his will by powerful magic.

The lich could easily have built his army before settling into his hidey hole. The good part about undead is that they require very little or no upkeep. As they have no other option, I imagine a lot of the Lich's slaves spent the centuries standing in place and waiting for something to happen, for change to arrive.

He also had the vampires to feed him resources and bodies, without setting off his neighbors about the eldritch lich. That kind of thing might attract dangerous attention.

17. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did singh really seem the type to hide from his Neighbors? Cause i didn’t see that, he seemed the type to need to Dominate every one and everything around him.

Waterhobit and Captain BlackJack like this.
  18. Abe fromen

Abe fromen Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma can and has summoned mist workers to carry her kills back to the village also she’s big enough to do it her self in many cases. Of course she can always do a dungeon dive as well and pick up some high level kills.

19. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What does alma’s ability to summon mist worker have to do with the consequences of over hunting?

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To me it was clear the only reasons he was down there instead of somewhere else was

a) Easy power from the god-level artifact he had in his possession. As an undead all he had to do to grow permanently stronger was to spend time in it. Sleeping for centuries counts, which is what I think he was doing when richter awakened him from his slumber.

b) He was guarding the Effigy for the exile. That's the only thing the exile cared about and when it was destroyed he went all out against everyone involved in destroying it (edit: as well as the failed guardians). The rewards the lich would receive for his services must have been huge, though its not like the exile (edit: i meant the lich of course :)) would actually experience the time spent guarding unlike his enslaved minions.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020