Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You talk like the dungeon has been around long enough to gather any odds and ends. So far richter’s parties and the undead battle are the only things that have entered it. It also hasn’t had the time to get a lot of creatures via the defenses. Remember richter has not been in the land even a year yet.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah hundreds of undead of undead including void creatures. On a sidenote, the Dungeon is specifically said to be awakening void. Another bad power to awake without its counterparts.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And that's a year by Earth standards, let alone a Land Year.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

1%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, but almost everything is its counterpart. Not really ever gonna be a good time to awaken Void if it ever gets pure void creatures.

5. Andrew Lynas

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is really connected mostly to Raiders Book, when Richter Absorbed the Chaos Gems Chaos Energy/Mana, although it is also slightly connected to the Predators Book when Richter was talking to the Chaos Lords/Pug, but here it is.

I had this sudden thought/epiphany a little while ago, in God's Eye it says that Earth became linked to the Labyrinth and then became a Labyrinth World after it was suddenly hit by a Massive amount of Higher Energy, I suspect that that Massive amount of Higher Energy was in fact a Beam of Chaos Energy/Mana, and that that Chaos Energy was the Beam of Chaos Mana that Richter failed to Absorb from the Chaos Gem and went shooting of up into the Sky and Disappeared. I think that it then went careening through Space&Time till it went and struck Earth, and this is how the Chaos Lords were able to stop the Dark Prince from Snatching Chaos Seed Earthlings to The Land.

6. Dragon

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    if that's the case perhaps the magical pathway between the Land and Earth acted as a sort of lightning rod leading the bolt where it needed to go.

7. Andrew Lynas

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed, especially if the Chaos Lords helped it along the right pathway.

8. Andrew Lynas

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In Gods Eye there is mention of Arts, which seem to be essentially Abilities that can be Learnt(&potentially improved upon). This would appear to open up the another possible way of Gaining Abilities other then being Born with them or being Granted them by the Universe.

9. ShoughtLoud

1%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sound like skills but harder to gain initially

10. Dragon

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that's part of Remy's godhood,

11. Andrew Lynas

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    the Ability Gods Eye is a natural part of his GodHood but the -
    Soul Art
    - was something that was Given/Taught to him via a Book Gifted to him from the Chaos Lords.

12. Dragon

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Aleron is throwing us a ton of info.

As for arts
    “We don’t have much more time. Heed my warning and increase your power quickly. You have leveled on Earth, so you understand the concept. You must not ignore your cultivation, however. This is how you progress your tier. Your first steps on that journey are called the Rainbow Path. It will require a great deal of time, but it must be done.”

“How long?” he asked.

“It could take a year or more to progress to the first tier.”

“I thought I was supposed to get strong as fast as possible. A year doesn’t sound fast. Isn’t there a better way?”

Sariel developed a coy smile, “It is good that you asked. I have always thought that those who do not seek the light of knowledge are doomed to die in the darkness of ignorance.” Her voice carried the hint of ritual, “As the worthy seek knowledge, so shall it be shared. There is indeed a faster way. On the very first day of claiming your first altar, a one-time price can be paid to take the first step on the Rainbow Path.”

After she finished speaking a prompt appeared.

You have been provided extra knowledge due to having reached Relationship Rank 2, Kind, with Sariel.

You have unlocked Secret Knowledge: A god who can inspire dedicated belief within a tenday of his arrival on Telos need only speak the words, “The worthy shall know,” to take the first step down the Rainbow Path.

So all gods cultivate. Remy does have an advantage in that he can consume souls which allows him to tier up faster, but that technique caps out at tier one which he will almost certainly reach before day ten. After that he will need new techniques to cultivate by.

I expect he will get a tier up after introducing himself to the tribe. The whole eagle-bear encounter should help him a lot. I'd think the same is true for many other sponsored gods.

Might have to reach the temple first, but that shouldn't be an issue either.

13. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You guys should make a new God's Eye Awakening thread since spoilers are being thrown about

14. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s what I thought.

15. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 13 (Assassin) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

70%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Life root, Life tree, Life fruit, Life seed, Life beast creatutre, Life potato, Life ritual... this is the land, there can not be only one way. lol

16. Andrew Lynas

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Phoenix Feathers, for a Boost in Life and Fire Magic Awakening.

PokemonThug likes this.
  17. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if the previous untaken options will be available again on reaching tier 3.

18. ShoughtLoud

1%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think they might be. Question is how does that scale. Do they become T3 options? Are they sideways additions that don't technically upgrade your tier in relation to other beings? For example he now has the full T2 Human kit. If he chooses telepath, does he just keep T2 human body and soul but change to a T2 Psionic human Mind or will it be T3 shit?

Regardless, if they do carry through I think he'd go with the telepath option. Telepath isn't the sexiest option, but he won't willingly trap himself inside his domain so mist lord would be out. Draike has problems since they likely ate a lot of the people in his village/ racial problems. He might get a pass on this if he can manage some body morph capabilities and really getting the hang of the chi hardening Randy has been teaching him. Maybe also some spiritual version of the chi hardening. Finally, Standard Human is just a ball sweat soup option so no way.

19. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    By the time he gets to tier 3 he will likely have celestial as an option, as well as some new odds and ends.

AndyJ likes this.
  20. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    According to his FB post yesterday. Book 9 is sceduled with nick to record in March. That seems like a pretty firm deadline to me. He could always bump it back, but im sure he really wont want to after what happened with gods eye being pushed back so far.