Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "To his great surprise, Richter had not only been able to do so, but had done it with a binary soul." Bk8

Which soul is Alma a piece of black, gold, or both?

2. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This petrifying ghost harvest bloodline might work well against ghostly beings. Ghostly being such as the specters in the Second dungeon. Would one even need to ...destroy the already dead to be able to harvest them? This bloodline could work wonders as an attack against the dead.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His body would go through infinitely slow spagettification, but it wouldn't affect anything else. He would also be dead long before time dilation could play any meaningful role due to gravity crushing him into mush. So he'd just respawn.

On a sidenote: Richter's corpses are rotting somewhere. Thats pretty fucked up when you think about it.-_-

darkenedstar and Johan like this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, it also means that if it isn't completely destroyed (burnt and permanently laid to rest against necromancy) it might prove to be a severe risk to him, but the remains could also prove to be useful for him in certain Enchantments, Magics, Crafting and Alchemys in a similar way that the Blood Crystals can be.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If only he could turn them into creatures of death, then claim weak death servant. Have a couple dead versions of him walking around when he needs a body double.

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can you breathe breath back into a skeleton? I know Richtær could not find the bones to Caulder, and that portal probably didn't allow use of settlement spells... But If Richtær got that saving breathe spell, could he have saved SkeleCaulder?

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I strongly doubt it. But if Caulder wasn't destroyed in the destruction of the Mausoleum but did gain free will with the Death/Destruction of Singh and the Mausoleum then it might be possible if they should meet again for Richter to Eventually make him into a Death Servant, possibly even use a Death Familiar Spell on him also?

Cire122 likes this.
  8. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that breathing life into a skeleton probably wouldn't work or if it did the person would immediately die again. It is by it's nature a life and air spell not death magic.

Johan likes this.
  9. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it would work. As long as its within the 1hr of death or whatever it was. The flesh could just magically grow back. I probably wouldnt want to have to live with the memory of my skeleton rippong itself out of my body though.

Johan likes this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One inconsistency that I try to forget about, is going to see Nexus. Why oh why would anyone need to be grabbed by Nexus if instead they can see him in their mind, and waste no time?

Because if Nexus grabbed Richtær and had his evolution trial for a week's time, then his curse would have dissolved, Xetrus would have gone instead of waiting around, and Richtær could have been dropped out in any location inside the auditors region, such as the mist village. This should have happened, it is rather stupid his body undergoes this change without...his body, but it would have ruined his countdown clock and interaction with the imp.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    First journey you go in body and soul, creating a link to the realm of your arbiter. Next time going in spirit is enough for the arbiter to make the necessary changes.

Edit: Thats my guess

12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Different type of Tests (and rewards) you get different testing requirements and methods, only makes sense.

Cire122 likes this.
  13. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Random I know, but am I the only one who eventually sees the HT being apart of the mist village. I think the foundation of it is set with the meidon sprites joining the mv. And with the HM agreeing to build a portal at the HT I can see Richter running the entire river peninsula

14. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can see the stage being set for that, but I hope another pixie queen is born and bonds with the Hearth Tree. Richter doesn't need to eat the Hearth Tree. They work perfectly fine as allies.

Johan likes this.
  15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would rather the relationship get to the next rank above allies. Soul Bonded?

I could also see that quest to kill the Eldritch Litch, to transition into something more formal.

(Maybe make another list just for quests)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well eventually its almost a certainty that they will join some form of political entity with Richter in charge.

Richter is building an empire after all, thats a major part of the story. I doubt he would annex the HT into the mist village, its more likely they will become a vassal state with their own laws and culture. Similar to the way the kindir have been vassalized, yet retain their own kingdom.

On a sidenote, how will the kindir vassalage work in practice? Will they be granted lands in addition to those they already occupy or will they be effectively landlocked within Richter's realm? Will other kindir holdings be joined to theirs, with the kindir king essentially representing their race?

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Made a thread for it.
    Vassalage in practice

18. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No way they become Vassals for a long time. As long as Hisako is more powerful than Richter I just dont see that happening. Can it happen later? Maybe, but heck Richter isnt't even an adept at anything yet and she is a master of 3 magics. They are allies and that will continue. Also very possible it goes to some higher level. We already know that any other settlement that connects to MV via portal will have a pretty serious relationship boost.

19. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You mean randy running the river peninsula?

Djdizzywizard likes this.
  20. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here's to hoping the cancellation of Con's and other events will speed up book writing :)

2tymes, Dragon, Johan and 1 other person like this.