Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if you could recreate to some extent what happened with the chaotic reptile. Or would it be too difficult to manipulate a chaotic particle in that way. If you could make Alma or Sion a vassal or choose a particular creature you wanted to be a chaotic creature that would be tight.

Plus I wonder with him becoming a Chaos Lord how the chaotic reptile would’ve fit in a vassal slot. It said the connection is magnitudes higher than a vow will that connection be on par with his familiar?

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it is possible to make a room in the Dungeon where creatures could be mutated or evolved. I seed core would do it for sure. If you had enough chaotic particles or a shard it would likely work as well. I believe enough exposure to any magic would work. We have evidence of it at the failed Hearth Tree and with places of power increasing in strength.

This carries me back to my thoughts from the old site. As easy as soul stones are created it would be worth it for Ricther to use a high quality soul with the magic crystals “heart”. Adding in a chaotic particle for exposure could possibly give a new chaotic crystal garden.

I still believe Ricther should expose different types of blood to rapid and violent crystal growth. Having specifically grown crystal for specific magic types might be a great niche market for Ricther.

Chaotic charged powdered crystal could make a big difference with any chaotic magic casting. That would be enough for Ricther to have a major home team advantage.

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good question. My initial thought is No. They’ll stay the same prices, IMO.

4. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, I think a vassal needs to be a sapient being.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I want to say no, but perhaps there will be more less powerful offerings? As it is set up, once they get some stability it's a pay to win system and everyone else is blocked from the app store. The level 1 offerings are insane (at least as far as the river peninsula is concerned.)

Mister Bill and Dragon like this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The sea of chaos is very powerful, but the chaos seeds are a race imbued with a higher power. Other higher powered races probably have their own benefits at the same level.

As for the offerings at the first level, they seem a lot like the items you might get from a cursed items store. A summoning scroll with a good chance the creature turns on you, another that allows you to assume a random trait for 24 hours with no gurantee its a good one.

The chaos dagger is good, no question about that. Its designed to make it easier for chaos seeds to kill each other though, against other races its a 15 attack dagger that disappears after 24 hours.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The spirit poison is also extremely powerful, if you have the skills or abilities to make use of it.

The shoes are great until you stub your toe or break something.

8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If singh could make someone into a living undead, then Richter should eventually be able to do it for chaos, but you may need to be a master or grand Master to wield that power.

Not to mention the whole sacrifice/ forsaking your life thing that the decamer knight had to do. Who knows what a chaotic being would have to do or sacrifice
    They would probably need to accept random changes to their mind, personality, body soul, etc.

I dont see Richter getting that level of power in the series. I could see him learning more chaos spells that provide chaotic buffs to his pets/ summons though.

Johan likes this.
  9. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Though it would take some time, I think it would be a good idea to convert the weak commune with dead spell. A level 2 version might be enough to talk to some really old dead dudes, like that dude that wants to make laws based on observing nature. Or that adventurer in the dungeon.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    PokemonThug and Joe Schmoe like this.
  10. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sources of extra mana:
    Alma (wisdom over 100)
    Hearth mother (probably wisdom over 100 as well)
    - by extension:
    All sprites
    All meidon
    All villagers (includes Roswan)
    By extension of Roswan: Dungeon

Level 2 weak commune with dead should be done in an afternoon.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Being the funnel of so much mana suddenly has drawbacks.

12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In Gotrek&Felix series..

The was surprise surprise a Dungeon. Ok more like a dwarven mine. Where a Troll with a void-stone neck less lived. The voidstone mutated the troll.. but regen kept it alive. A real Monstro was created.

So lets do the same, Capture our self's a troll and use mutagenic magics on it! a mixture of few abyssal magics etc... or few celestial and life ... considering Trolls regen it will survive the mutations and then refined process could be applied to other beasts and creatures. Like reduced dmg to fire etc..

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Imp my dear Imp.. hes a great target for this. well anyone is

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually Richter should super fast lvl his Death magics to lvl 10 and use this spell on EVERY single dead, to find out where loot is, knowledge, secrets, maybe the dead can even teach skills or awaken magics!

Andrew Lynas, AndyJ and Johan like this.
  15. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A full troll, not a civilized half troll.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Abyssal beings are uncontrollable and evil, its not an alignment neutral power. Similar, using celestial magic has its own limitations and such a being could be just as difficult to control as the abyssal for somewhat different reasons.

My choice would be a combo of blood and life magic for the foundation, to increase the troll regeneration capabilities and buff up physical prowers. Assuming water magic has a healing or regen aspect - it usually does in other settings - i'd add that to the mix. An earth aspect for some extra armor and endurance. A dark aspect bringing a few magical abilities related to stealth.

As a downside the monster would likely have a weakness to death, fire, air and light magic. Similar to other creatures with multiple magical aspects.

Mister Bill and PokemonThug like this.
  17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think randy uses a water based healing spell sometime in book 7

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    depends how u use the weapon. Id drop him near the enemy army.. so that is would "meet them" and fresh scent of blood would make it hunt and slay like 500 bugbears. A Mutated regenerating mountain troll is an insane weapon.. though would be much better used in tighter underground tunnels with some goblin supoort.

your method is more controlled and scientific. Probably for familiars or tamed beasts who could be controlled.

Yet again even with abysal/helish mutations and a neck less of control. We could send him to say attack their meagerly defended camp or reserve units.. Or just place him at one of the random entrances to the dungeon about which bugbears know nothing...

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The uncontrollable monster always turns on its master first of all and avoids engaging large crowds picking its targets off on their lonesome or in small groups.

Haven't you watched any horrormovies? XD

Trust me, what Richter needs is packs of mountain trolls or similar, bred to be incredibly loyal to their pack ( handler) and trained to obey simple commands. With aspects of life, water, earth and darkness fueling them at all time, and able to fuel further regeneration by inherent use of blood magic, these things will be hell on legs.

Natural regen in addition to their blood-based regen, earth powered defense, stealthy from their dark magic and even more regen piled on top from their watermagic. Once decked out in full plate its just a question of picking the right moment to send in the troll shock troops. Sure they might die, but they won't go easy.

Think that life-fueled wyrm had insane regen? Well wait till you see the water-life-blood fueled regen and tenecity of Richter's mountain trolls.

Beware of magical attacks though, I imagine they'd have some hefty weaknesses with that many elements fueling them.

20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It depends how will you release it.
    I'd investigate and use a flute system, with pretty much unbearable by human sounds low freq or super high. to either daze or enrage the beast.
    Secondly why the troll would even know who "improved it" we wanna be anonymous in this.
    So with per sound range activation Or collar Or Blood magics Or remotely opened cage.. Also Troll should be completely mad/berserk.. Just attack nearest target whatever it is. If Troll is sentient, then we should use a collar/Blood magics type of thing