Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Geez

Dragon likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still think its a bit early to be minting coins. If they get a deal for gold, silver, or cobber ore with the kobolds it would be the natural next step to have a royal mint set up. Richter's mugshot on the platinium coins, Alma on the gold, the pixies on the silver and HM on the cobber. Other side could be the Dungeon, the village, the quickening and the HT.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It would certainly be substantial. Hundreds of millions in gold, and likely all sorts of confiscated goodies.

Probably falls well short of banklevel wealth though, the six banks rake in income from a territory 120 times bigger than earth, just for the surface. Then there are the deeps, the seas, and the skies above. Those areas are also part of their sphere of influence. They know every kingdom, every resource, every ware. Except one.

The banks are lategame foes.

Mister Bill, ShoughtLoud and AndyJ like this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well don’t worry about that Aleron will set it up for Ricther. My guess is that it could be taken then bestowed upon someone else as I believe you had suggested. That might make Ricther not only a dungeon master but a master of a master.

I do believe that so much wealth falling into Ricthers lap should get “burned up”. The vast majority of that wealth being coinage, gems, and perhaps some jewelry. I can’t see any author granting that much wealth in just pure gains to the main character. I believe it will most likely go to fund some major undertaking. Perhaps, it will lead to the overthrow of the political powers in Law that support slavery. Or it could simply be used to build a army substantial enough to combat the alliance. That could all happen right beneath the capital itself.

I do think Ricther will gain a large sum of items that he will sacrifice. That is if Ricther and Randy conquer the dungeon.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They don’t need a mint. They only need some original coins minted. Then make them offerings to the well of offering.

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Randy might have quite a few choice words for this daring attempt to go to war with the Banking alliance lol Hmm but how about the kobold coins.. kobold bank.. maybe minted that?
    Worst case you can just trade in raw metals: gold/silver/platina..

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There should be hundreds if not thousands of new chattel that are not known to the banks. Any new found chattel with the word chaotic added to it would be new to them. I still believe Ricthers dungeon being the first in the Land to have chaos at its fingertips should have the banks dying to put an appraisal office at its every entrance or should I say exit.

The banks are powerful yet they don’t service the entire Land. They do place values on objects for everyone. That’s not saying the have banks everywhere. The river peninsula is pretty large but according to the story so far there aren’t any banks anywhere close.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Whose daring an attempt to fight a war with the banks?

10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    printing ur own coins is super dangerous.. u less its just molten gold.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not any of their main six core buildings. That doesn't mean they won't have representatives in the various kingdoms and large cities. They likely won't be there to facilitate loans to peasants, but inobles, major merchants, and guilds in need of an immidiate influx of cash can likely get it as long as they have sufficient assets.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello

Hello.....

Pokey........?

Are you there?

Ricther only needs to employ the right source to make him twenty good coins. Once made he only needs to throw them down the well of offering. Then the dungeon will make his coins. Ricther has no need for a mint or trying to make the coins himself. Ricther needs to smelt iron not gold and silver.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sup pumpkin..
    A gold coin is: Gold + Magic!!!.
    every coin has magic. If we just melt the gold who cares... no one. If we add magic and make em real coins. Then we are doing $ forgery. What do you think banks will do when they find out?

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    who can make coin?
    only banks due to magic in the coins

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well yeah, the banks most certainly have representatives working for them. Every one of them has someone looking for Ricther.

I don’t recall anyone suggesting the banks making loans to peasants.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I diden't imply you were saying they did, I was trying to outline what I think their presence in the big cities/kingdoms is like. Namely one or two offical employees at most with a few locals acting as staff, working solely with wealthy and influential people.

Likely money lenders exist for those further down the social hierachy, with much higher interest rates.

17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just made me think that if Richter plays his cards wrong he could be imprisoned by the settlement leader in order to get the reward out on his head

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it would be hard for the settlement leader to know. But if the orcs learned, they'd definitely send out the call.

19. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    sure a few in biggest cities.. in an underground remote ogre city I doubt it... savages and all. But maybe, maybe tbey will have a library too

20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You know I totally agree with banks having officers and offices abroad. I did suggest that Ricther entice a bank to putting an appraisal office in the MV. With his dungeon likely being the only one with chaotic magic awakened he should hear this bank announcements fairly often in the very near future.

That’s another reason he should have everything Chos related instantly taken by his dungeon with the return of one gold. Do to the item not having a value. Then he can collect on the banks interest in the items.

Hmmm

I haven’t thought of that possibility either. Do you think the Imp would be interested in setting Ricther up. Or do you think that Ricther might allude to something that gets him snatched up when he meets the Ogres?

Or are you suggesting Ricther would walk in a mint to sub out coinage and say hey I want a picture of me finding the chaotic particle on this side of the coin.

Now that does sound about right.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021