Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He hasn't given out even a vague release date in months, so there's a possibility that it won't even be released this year. Though I am hoping it does get released this year.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  2. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Geneva posted this on the discord, you wanted vague!

The Land Mayhem, Book 9 - Late 2021
    God's Eye 2 (title to be announced) -to follow shortly after 9 release
    The Land Audiobook - expected 3-5 months after ebook release, depending on schedules and Audibles timing on things

Mister Bill, Belgared and AndyJ like this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There’s a discord?

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was a fan made one for a while, but instead of embracing it they want to make their own. Tbf they probably do need some ban powers for an official discord, but I wouldn't expect anything more than a branch off of the echo chamber that is Facebook. At least it might not have all the "Facebook"ey posts about kids and cancer and stuff though

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't mind that stuff, its a credit for Aleron that he shares it, even if its a time drain. If he was more humble and haden't claimed the title of The father of american litrpg, i'd consider him a pretty good guy. As it is he is a good guy with an arrogant streak.

6. bnaz

bnaz Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    the father of American litrpg is all marketing and brand recognition. He’s a self published author. He has to distinguish and elevate himself. I have yet to see him do anything overt to seem like an asshole, beyond the self titling. Yet he catches so much flak for it for no good reason than because people are whiny and have nothing better to do.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I diden't say he was an asshole, I said he was a good guy with an arrogant streak and he is. Assholes don't care about other people.

Belgared likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    besides a few little known russian litrpg guys AK has done the most for the genre, he can be the Emperor of LitRPG for all I care.

9. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah... One thing the prevalence of social media has done is tie people to their work...

People are getting black listed.. canceled... and scrutinized for their political beliefs, thoughts, personality, looks, and every other imaginable characteristic.

I've never met A-kong so I can't comment one-way or the other about his personality. However... I can say with complete certainty that I don't care.

I love his writing so I don't care how he acts, who he votes for, or what he posts on his social media. I only care about how he writes.

Not sure I agree exactly that he's the 'Father Of American LitRPG' but I will say it was brilliant marketing either way. He got a lot of flack from other LitRPG authors but that just stirred the pot and drew more attention to the genera as a whole. All press is good press, especially for an independent author who lives and dies by getting his name out there.

Belgared, PokemonThug and Mister Bill like this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In Bk7 (I think) Randy mentioned that the only PoP Power/Ability that the new King of Law had Awoken was the Fire Masterly one, this bestowed 50% Fire Magic Masterly and a 30% Boost to Summoning Magic (I believe). I had thought initially that he did this because he was either a Primary Fire Magic User or a Primary a Summoner Mage, or perhaps both.
    But when relistening to the series I suddenly had a thought, perhaps he choose that PoP Ability was not just for those reasons but because it would make him more able (and Safer) in Summoning Demons and other Envoys/Minions of the Dark Court Exiles, after all we know that at least a few Nobles are dealing with Human/oid Sacrifices to them. So perhaps the King is dabbling as well? I

11. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You broke the streak of no one being eager for book 9!

That aside, it's a good theory and makes perfect sense. The new king screwed over his people for wealth so dealing with demons, abyssals, and exiles for who knows what isn't much of a stretch.

ShoughtLoud and Mister Bill like this.
  12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Damn Andrew just carried this forum on his shoulders, well done.
    Deamon summoning is pretty good, maybe A Dragon would be stronger, but it depends .. Deamon Lord is likely capable of killing one.

Now lets improve upon this idea. What if the King only wants to look like a chill guy who like drinking and gambling?
    Still Yves is the strongest kingdom in the peninsula, so not much benefit in looking weak as a ruler. He already can do what he wants.

Still summoner is as strong as his strongest daemon...

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd say there is a pretty big difference between opening a Dungeon to any who wishes to take their lives into their own hands regardless of the risk (its not like people are unaware Dungeons are filled with monsters) and grabbing people off the street as sacrifices to something that will enslave their souls forever or consume them. I don't think the two can even be compared.

For all the monstrous acts the king has commited, its ultimately temporary. Eventually everyone gets to go back to the sea of souls and be born anew or to some heaven somewhere. That's not going to happen for those sacrificed.

Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  14. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know through inference that someone in the kings circle, or circle adjacent is dealing with exiles. Not hard to go from that to all kinds of worse places. So someone near the kings is doing some dark shit.

Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.
  15. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am of the opinion that count stonic is either the exile worshiper or the one adjacent to the worshiper(s)

Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.
  16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron says that Alma is now about the size of a Great Dane, so to big to ride on Richters shoulder and to small for him to ride, unless he can get a Shrink and a Enlarge Spell that he can use on himself and Alma!

A Weak Shrink Spell uses on himself should reduce his size to about somewhere between that of the average Sprite and Sion, at a guess.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am wondering what the chances of Richter and Beyan coming across Beyan's Sisters, especially the one that Married the Trader from the Twins (Islands)? Or even the one that Married the Baker in Kayland, the same place that the Dead Noble who's body Richter found behind the Waterfall in Book 2?

Drasius likes this.
  18. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just FYI an update on the discord talked about how Kong is eagerly writing away. I was pretty puzzled by it because I had assumed he’d be done with the book by now and would be in editing or something. I really do wonder when we’ll get book 9 because “early 2022” is basically out the window by now.

Drasius likes this.
  19. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll be honest, I think that there's a possibility that he doesn't release this year. Though I'm hoping we get book 9 by summer

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  20. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I promised myself in October I wasn't going to listen to the land audio books again until the next one came out....

Just broke my streak...

Still no release in site..... GAHHHHH!

..... I'm so weak

Mister Bill likes this.