Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Belgared

Belgared Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He hasn't given out even a vague release date in months, so there's a possibility that it won't even be released this year. Though I am hoping it does get released this year.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  2. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Geneva posted this on the discord, you wanted vague!

The Land Mayhem, Book 9 - Late 2021
    God's Eye 2 (title to be announced) -to follow shortly after 9 release
    The Land Audiobook - expected 3-5 months after ebook release, depending on schedules and Audibles timing on things

Mister Bill, Belgared and AndyJ like this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There’s a discord?

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was a fan made one for a while, but instead of embracing it they want to make their own. Tbf they probably do need some ban powers for an official discord, but I wouldn't expect anything more than a branch off of the echo chamber that is Facebook. At least it might not have all the "Facebook"ey posts about kids and cancer and stuff though

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't mind that stuff, its a credit for Aleron that he shares it, even if its a time drain. If he was more humble and haden't claimed the title of The father of american litrpg, i'd consider him a pretty good guy. As it is he is a good guy with an arrogant streak.

6. bnaz

bnaz Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    the father of American litrpg is all marketing and brand recognition. He’s a self published author. He has to distinguish and elevate himself. I have yet to see him do anything overt to seem like an asshole, beyond the self titling. Yet he catches so much flak for it for no good reason than because people are whiny and have nothing better to do.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I diden't say he was an asshole, I said he was a good guy with an arrogant streak and he is. Assholes don't care about other people.

Belgared likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    besides a few little known russian litrpg guys AK has done the most for the genre, he can be the Emperor of LitRPG for all I care.

9. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah... One thing the prevalence of social media has done is tie people to their work...

People are getting black listed.. canceled... and scrutinized for their political beliefs, thoughts, personality, looks, and every other imaginable characteristic.

I've never met A-kong so I can't comment one-way or the other about his personality. However... I can say with complete certainty that I don't care.

I love his writing so I don't care how he acts, who he votes for, or what he posts on his social media. I only care about how he writes.

Not sure I agree exactly that he's the 'Father Of American LitRPG' but I will say it was brilliant marketing either way. He got a lot of flack from other LitRPG authors but that just stirred the pot and drew more attention to the genera as a whole. All press is good press, especially for an independent author who lives and dies by getting his name out there.

Belgared, PokemonThug and Mister Bill like this.