Eagerly Awaiting Book 9 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here's the quote.

Screenshot_20200418-144535.jpg

If they are no longer bound to an alignment of zero, I'm thinking this means they were being kept at neutral for good and evil, but now they are not

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would he get a quest prompt for something impossible? Either its an error or the quote refers to chaotic/ alignment only.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe that 0 Represented Neutrality.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We back on the crystal seed?
    I think it says possible loss of alignment, not guaranteed, but I imagine that had he failed that he would have still been bound to 0, but come the age of chaos it'd be tacked on then, since he wasn't previously aware he was bound to a zero alignment for good evil.

Cire122 and Dragon like this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    On a sidenote, Richter being locked to a certain alignment makes sense.

He has made some significant choices that should have raised his alignment in situations where he wasn't in immediate danger but instead had the opportunity to make an informed choice.

1) giving up the fairy wand (as well as all the events that followed from that), was the second major choice Richter made. I think it would have been an immensely useful tool to him. Its likely the hobgoblin used the wand and its twisted fairymagic(guardians of nature) to taint the river flowing past the HT, twisting the wolves (and likely other creatures) into hyperaggressive monsters. There was likely more to come, but Sion and Richter stopped them from destroying the northern forest. Still, there is no question it was a devastatingly powerful weapon, one that could have brought down entire tribes. Richter gave up on that power in return for no equivalent promises, he chose to do the right thing when he had great power at his fingertips. I'm not sure Richter realizes that yet or even that Aleron intended it, but its what happened. I'd say that choice should have raised his alignment.

2)giving up on the dark soulstones. These are immensely valuable materials, and its likely they would allow Richter to create unique enchantments, using the souls of elves, dwarves, humans, old and young. Its essentially the same as above, Richter gives up potential power where taking it would hurt innocents.

Cire122 likes this.
  6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Idea borrowed from d&d evil neutrual good .. neutrual evil..

7. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Please keep it to 1 book, please keep it to 1 book, please keep it to 1 book. 2 at the absolute max.

I don't care about some random village I want to get back to the village and get all those goodies already unlocked from book 7 as well as book 8 now.

8. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe when HM creates a Richtær copy (when she revives him after he dies) the copy can go back down and do settlement building underground. A second series of books from Richtær (#3?) Point of view, while #4 keeps on with the MV.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So one or two more books set entirely underground? Sounds about right to me. I still expect a Sion book set in the village during the time Richter was gone.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  10. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd prefer less than one book, but if we look at all the other books, you know the cliff hanger will be right as he portals or something back to the village, sees something big aaaaand end book. Or right as he gets a prompt. Here's pretty much how I'm calling book 10 ends (because even though I hope it's 9 I feel like he's gonna drag this out).

"
    Xeutrix just motioned them forward, and as Richter's party reached him, Richter recieved a prompt

Greetings Master of the Mist Village.
    You have conquered level ** of the Catacombs. This brings the total levels conquered to 3. As you have not conquered levels 2 through **-1, you may not teleport to any levels there in. You may continue on foot to level **-1 or teleport back to the entrance. Current levels available for teleportation: ( Entrance, 1, **, ***)

Know this!
    You may return to any conquered level so long as it remains conquered. Should any level be taken over from your faction, you will have a 1 week period to reassert your dominion. After which you will no longer be able to teleport to that level, nor teleport to the entrance from that level once the week is up. Do not take the defense of your holdings lightly!

Level **? 3 levels conquered!? How was he expected to defend a new entirely separate area of the Land right now? Let alone with the giant mess he just left behind? He had bigger fish to fry!

Another prompt forced its way to the front and opened itself in his vision.

Congratulations! You have progressed your village to settlement level 2! Full benefits and requirement to reach settlement level 3 available for review when you return to the Great Seal of your domain.

Know this! You must maintain your level 2 settlement requirements for the time of one year, uninterrupted, or your settlement will revert back to level 1 after a period of 1 week from the loss of any of the level 2 requirements. Each time this occurs the year long timer is reset should you regain your level 2 requirements. Losing a settlement level will have serious penalties to all city mechanics. Lead well Richter of the Mist Village.

Xeutrix flipped him the bird, blew a raspberry, and disappeared in cloud of sulfurous smoke, that smelled faintly of mint.

His curse from the ogre shaman activated, and a small rain cloud appeared over Richter's head.
    "Universe," Richter thought. "You're a real dick."
    "

11. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dangerous game ur playing Johan hehe
    Only master can tamper with time travel, travel through different dimensions, "cloning"? otherwise the book turns to crap.. very exceptional few are able to do it very well.
    Fortunately AK is a master.

Still Hisako has to have the body of Richter? Unless she would use the old one.. The one that the wolfs ate.. or the one that Sonoray has cut up.. I wonder say we store such a body in a dimensional bag... the revival could work
    Kinda a hack to preserve the body indefinitely. Working around that 1h after death limitation.

Most definitely would test that with say a lvl 1 death spell (talk to dead spirit etc..) and a random deceased bugbear or whatever after preserving it in the bag of holding..
    I'm Great or what :D

Top that resurrection of 5 months dead body stored in the bag of holding Johan!

P.S. now before you will start sharing your doubts which are very valid I mind you!
    In D&D from which Ak has borrowed a lot of stuff.. we should create one new thread, where we say what AK has borrowed form D&D, can you do this brother Johan!
    So In D&D you can revive dead characters.. it costs a lot and only few very powerful beings can do that.. buy if you have the magics or the gold.. even a someone who died 20 years ago can be revived.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm so stea..borrowing all these ideas for my works..

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can't steal if it's given away for free

14. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I remember him saying in one of those FB lives that the characters that we’ve came to love would be back in book 9. I don’t know to what capacity though, if that means Richter will make it back to the village or there will be more cut ins from the villages perspective. I’m hoping no more than half of book 9 is away from the village.

Cire122 and ShoughtLoud like this.
  15. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Krom will be back. Where is new book??

16. Albatross1873

Albatross1873 Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The loved character will be Roswan and his relationship with Tammytwo.

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    God's Eye Audio: Big News! Luke Daniels will be narrating it! It should come out round August Book 9: Hoping for around October-November

God's Eye Ebook: I'll be publishing it 2-3 weeks after Monsters Audio drops. My patrons will get sneak peek chapters 3-4 weeks before release!

I'll be putting Monsters up for preorder and it should be up by late may early June! Remember, once I submit it, it takes 2-4 weeks for Audible to approve it

So monsters "Drops" early June so => early July Boo1 Of Gods eye? A.K is really milking the franchize lol.. letting the dropping in audible pump the sales of the Gods eye.. Evil, but Genius

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    2tymes likes this.
  18. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dang how long does it take to narrate a book? Apparently half a year.

19. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, I'm sure someone could bang it out a couple days, but there'd be mistakes with unfamiliar words and such. I imagine most of the time is spent going back and listening to themselves in recordings (shudder) to see what could be done better, where they tripped up etc.
    If it is done how I suspect, and they do files by the chapter, and likely they're not big or well versed on audio manipulation software and theory, I'm not surprised it takes half a year. Especially since how well they do directly impacts their potential offer pool. You'd want to be a perfectionist.
    Probably can only knock out a chapter or two a day keeping all that in mind, then making sure they all flow in a cohesive piece afterwards or that your voices don't change halfway through the book could be a pretty daunting task.

20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plus there's the fact that the person doing it is also doing multiple other Audio Books as well, both before and probably during its creation.

ShoughtLoud likes this.