Excited to start my second LitRPG book!

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by ellismichaels, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ellismichaels

ellismichaels Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    After a couple years of writing and publishing erotic shorts and then full-length romance, I decided to write and publish a LitRPG book. As much as I learned from writing romance, my heart just wasn't in it. Before I started writing it, I'd never read it - romance novels just aren't my thing.

Fantasy novels, however, I've been reading for over 20 years. And although I'm not much of a gamer anymore, I've played countless role-playing games, including a few somewhat-recent MMOs (WOW, Everquest, etc). So when I heard about LitRPG as a genre, naturally, I became excited. I read several novels in the genre and decided to write one myself. And I'm glad I did!

Unlike writing romance, I actually enjoyed writing my first LitRPG. I was able to write a book that I'd want to read. So now that it's published and promoted, I'm getting started on the second one and I couldn't be more excited!

This week I'm outlining. Next week, I start writing. I think I'm going to set my weekly word goal at 8k words. Maybe I'll up it to 10k. My first novel was 45k words, but I'd like this one to be at least 50-55k, maybe a little more. So hopefully I'll have a first draft done in about 6 or 7 weeks.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with this wonderful forum. I hope you other writers are as excited about your current WIP as I am about mine. I can't wait to get started writing!

2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good to have some excitement up in here!

[​IMG]

ellismichaels, VRRanger and Yuli Ban like this.