Fanart, Fanfiction, & Commissioned Art

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Yuli Ban, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Are any of you aware of fanart or fanfiction of your work? Are there such things for you yet?

For me, the answer is "sorta". I haven't actually written any of these stories yet, but I've jumped the gun by commissioning artwork and getting others to draw artwork (that they don't know is actually fanart) of my characters. As I mentioned elsewhere, my avi is one of the main characters in 58th State. But how funny would it be if there were already fanfiction of a story I've not even written yet. In that situation, a fan would've written more than I have on a project (not counting rough drafts and notes). Statistically, it has to have happened to someone before.

It's one of the strangest thoughts to me, that it's possible I could one day log into FanFiction.Net and see, under literature (or perhaps even another category!) the title of one of my works with a healthy number after it. This due in part because FanFiction.Net is how I got my start in the first place (ultrapoorly, might I add). It would take a lot, of course— even Ready Player One, the most famous LitRPG story out there (that isn't an anime or movie, yet)— has less than two dozen stories on FFN. But it's the thought that it's possible that gets me.

2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not that I am aware of.

3. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would love to see fanfiction of my eventual stuff, I can't imagine how hilarious it would be.

4. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If I ever make more than $10k, after taking out taxes and what I need to live off of, I might commission someone from Upwork to create LitRPG fanfiction or a personally chosen work from a personally chosen author just for gits and shiggles. Would it be the same as purely organic fanfiction? Not really. But it'd be funny and it might get the ball rolling.