First Kaos Seeds

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by David Echeagaray, Nov 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. David Echeagaray

David Echeagaray Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possible spoilers?

I had a few questions about the possibility of new Kaos Seeds being born as Vampires and Beastkin. Specifically if it was possible for one to be born as a vampire or vampire subtype. Also would they be living dead? I wasn't sure how many different types of vampires there were. Human-vampire hybrid maybe? Can they be good Aligned?

Also is it possible for Kaos Seeds to be born as an aquatic beastkin? I have so many questions and am not sure how to go about asking them. I really appreciate it guys. Thank you.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  2. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We don’t know. It’s actually rather clever of alreon how little of the world we know. We have little knowledge of even the economy of yeves, how many crafters there are, how many enchanted weapons, what’s the population and percentage of the kingdom in farming, the cavalry numbers or anything about the guilds. We hardly know anything about the politics either, or the strength of the fighters. And that’s the close neighbor of humans. The amount we know about the dwarves, goblins, and wood elves is even less, which is still more than the vampires or beast kin or orcs, and these are all river peninsula groups which we do know is considered a backwards part of the world. In essence we don’t know anything about anything. There’s even simple questions which Richter has skirted that we don’t have answers to: How many magic rings exist in yeves, and what would the price of these be? How prevalent are blood mages? Where do materials like mithril exists?

We can’t say what species the chaos seeds will be because we don’t know what species there are. There could be earth sized regions ruled entirely by ents, or demons, or devoid of sapients entirely. There may be mermaids out there, and intelligent lions, etc.

I would predict however the random placement of the chaos seeds will at least will not kill them immediately on entrance. No human will be dropped in an ocean or in a volcano. I would go further and say the location in which the seeds are placed will be correlated with what species they are. If the locations are random, then the variety of chaos seed species will be proportional to the populations in the land. And lastly because humans are so prolific, a large plurality of chaos seeds will be human.

3. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We do know that some chaos seeds are monster types. What that means is still anyones guess. That little bit was mentioned in one of the prologues don’t remember which though.

we can be reasonable certain that yves does not have enchanter with tier two enchantments or higher.

we can’t assume that they would not be dead on arrival, because the point was to unleash massive amounts of chaos into the land hopefully destroying it.

we know that yves is something of a small fry as kingdoms/empires go in the land (again prologue), and other chaos seeds are messing with even the largest nations stability.

there is a is a lot of clues about the land buried in those prologues, but they are all vague as hell.

4. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heman said that he killed a beastkin chaos seed. I believe it was a mole-type.

I wondering now, if a CS is created as an undead, living dead, or ghost creature, will that effect its "lives" since it's already partial dead.

I'm waiting for a CS sentient plague. That will be a tough opponent.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could just categorize them as "spawns" rather than lives.

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was the exiles plan, unleash chaos and have it destroy the land. The lords of chaos intervened and created a way for the chaos seeds to reabsorb the released chaos, by fighting each other or levelling up. From that we can discern that they have some kind of motive. Offhandedly I can think of three reasons for that.

1) In their own way the lords care about the chaos seeds and their potential.
    2) The lords of chaos do not want the Land destroyed because the courts are capable off and almost did destroy the universe. Without the universe none of the higher powers would exist.
    3) The other higher powers were likely to intervene due to reason 2.

I think the first and second reasons explain it, reason 3 will probably come into play soonish with the foretold (by the universe) arrival off the forces of order.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming the lords of chaos want to prevent the destruction of the land by a sudden, massive infusion of chaos, they would most likely act to prevent massdeath upon arrival. Some will get crapshots and others will spawn as dragons among men (Richter), but none will die just from their spawnpoint.

David Echeagaray likes this.
  8. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed
    However saying none will be doa is going to far.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Stupidity and bad luck would almost certainly kill off some even without people spawning inside lava lakes, underwater or in the stomachs of dragons ;)

A human would survive spawning on a tiny deserted isle far, far from other landmasses and trade routes. But the environment means that their survival chance is extremely close to zero.

10. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn’t it say some had died from spawning in the Ocean. You might say well that was Ricther just talking to himself. Heman basically died at his spawnpoint losing his life likely to the eaters. What about someone being spawned in a desert? I would think lots of the chaos seeds were lost due to their spawn spot being a very bad location. We were told how fortunate Ricther was for his very very special spawn point.

AndyJ likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Although that would be nice for Ricther. I could see him landing on such a desert isle. Breaching a sealed tower, overcoming its traps, then slaying his way to a library where some poor soul had respawned and died of what ever Aleron dreams up time and time again. As Ricther looks at the bones stacked in the room he looks up to see 8 chaos crystals fused into one large crystal. Or could one claim their own Points? If so that would make a difference for someone. With that in mind what would have happened to Hemans points at his original spawn location. Didn’t he lose two lives respawning there?

EDIT

I meant to say he respawned there twice dying their once. That could have given him the chance to claim his own chaos points.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We have a demon's word on that, a demon with every reason to upsell the favor he and his employer had done for Richter.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well without anyone to claim them, the chaotic energy was most likely released. Same as when Richter died. He lost those lives after moving away from his spawnpoint. Heman also tells us he got eaten three times. He lost another 2 lives when Richter slew him, so he has died five times. Probably on his last life.

I don't think the jinn is going back into the bottle as far as chaos goes. The difference lies in how much Chaos is added at once. Order will probably balance it out eventually.

14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah but where do chaos shards come from? I think all the unclaimed chaos seed energy accumulates and creates them. One more f**k you from the chaos lords to the courts.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s what I was thinking. All of that lost chaos energy either had to remain for someone to find, transform into pure energy releasing into the atmosphere, or start to form particles and shards

Didn’t it say in the beginning that only chaos seeds could see and claim particles from the slain? Later when he claimed the shard everyone could see it. I think they saw the particle in the dungeon as well.

16. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well they don't seem to form particles on death when killed by another chaos seed, more just a transfer of accounts. Could be interesting if they can find a way of banking they're points to avoid losing them in death.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possibly. Likely even. But can they gather all of it at once or do they gather it over time? If the later option millions of chaos seeds dying over and over within a short time window could still build up too much free chaos.

As for it to transform into base energy, this is chaotic power which is what the courts were counting on. It will remain chaotic power unless altered somehow.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could be personal items in the sea of chaos that do just that. Richter could use something to save points in to avoid becoming the target of choice by every addicted chaos seed out there. To reach the higher ranks of his evolution he would need to have several thousand points saved up at once.

I'm not so sure Aleron will give Richter something like that. The risk of Richter dying just before unlocking the ninth rank of his evolution and having saved up chaos points for months or years (plenty of other things to spend them on, sea of chaos and probably that liege page of his has some temporary and permanent upgrades for vassals that will cost chaos points) will keep things interesting. Reducing risk makes the story less engaging.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That does mean that chaotic power or energy can’t transform. It could condense, solidify, turn into pure ambient chaotic energy, or crystallize. I think in time there will be an ambient flow of chaotic energy flowing into the village from the dungeon.

Dragon likes this.
  20. David Echeagaray

David Echeagaray Level 3 (Apprentice) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you guys think Vampires are tier two beings?

Andrew Lynas likes this.