First Kaos Seeds

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by David Echeagaray, Nov 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it could bring him back as well. I just don’t think it will be the same as Richter with a respawn. For one thing it’s a different type magic. The Hearth Mother had mentioned that eldrich magic had very bad side effects. I believe it always cost a bit of yourself. Although Singh did have the mausoleum which was believed to help him resist its side effects. Personally I believe turning from a living sentient being to a living dead has a big down side. Of course the might think eventually with enough power that could be reversed. That’s if you are able to keep everything intact like the Pharaohs. With the loss of every worldly connection ones orginal self could be completely gone. We know Singh had already lost some if not a large portion of who and what he was. We know Ricther served up true death to Singh because it was stated. To start with we don’t know how much of the real Singh was actually left. The Singh we knew is for ever more gone same as Singh the Sprite has been gone for even longer. That doesn’t mean that the Evil Lich essence that had been replacing Singh’s life force can’t evolve again. Isn’t death part of the evolution into a Lich same as a Demilich. Eventually are they not supposed to transform into a bodiless magical forum?

Shout, Aleron has drawn everything he has from some other source. His entire world is basically drawn from D&D or a few other sources.

I totally agree this is Alerons world and he can write or do what ever he likes. Even so it seems Aleron is more of his own Dungeon Master weaving his own story.

I bare no burdens, in a make believe world anything can be done. I haven’t said this is happening I have only suggested that something could happen.

The talk was on lich evolution or ascension. Beating true death is the goal of becoming a Lich. Evolving no need for a body. Along the way losing ones identity and self is normally a side effect.

We could see a demilich yet and it could evolve from what was Singh’s Skull.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming that the Phylactory wasn't destroyed with the Mausoleum, it might have actually been part of the Mausoleum for all we know.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Very true Lynas, Aleron didn’t make Singh out to be very smart either. It would have been easily destroyed if it was there but what if it wasn’t there?

Going back to a few questions. If Singh does have a phylactery that survived will he respawn an entire new body like Drag mentioned? If not and all he can do is return to is his skull will he become a demilich? Can a Lich die without having its Phylactery destroyed?

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes to the last question, we know there are weapons that can destroy or capture souls. Without a soul to return to the Phylactery it is useless.

I will say Singh's best hiding spot for his phylactery was inside the Mauseleum, perhaps inside a reinforced room without entrances protected against scrying, and teleportation spells from the outside as well as spells trying to teleport objects out. In case he needed to resurrect, Singh would be forced to create a doorway or teleport out, but that's a small cost all things considered.

Even getting close meant fighting an entire army. Except Singh opened a gate right past every defense he had, setting up a fullscale supervillain trap. If only he had been saner. Of course if he had been that he wouldn't be a supervillain/ exile worshipper in the first place.

Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  5. Belgared

Belgared Level 5 (Veteran) Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would say that a chaos seed could be born into the land as anything that exists in the land.

AndyJ likes this.
  6. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My feeling is you'd a least need the basic brainpower to run a human consciousness. A regular squirrel wouldn't be physically able to do so.

7. Belgared

Belgared Level 5 (Veteran) Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My bad, meant anything that has sapience, like they could be reborn as an ent or even an elemental.

8. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There goes my dream of an evil squirrel dictator leading a rebellion against the koalas.

9. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are assuming that aleron’s liches even have a phylactery. However if they do it is likely that he was using the core building in that fashion.

Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  10. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 6 prologue
    The strange being said that he had detected new Powers walking The Land. He had spoken of men and monsters that seemed to possess a seed of chaos in their souls.

11. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have gone along with the idea that Aleron’s Lichs must have a phylactery as well. Without Aleron redefining words, things, or places I find it safe to stick with the traditional or D&D type. His series might not be straight Dungeons and Dragons but it like many other games and stories formulate from it.

Also if you where a Lich and had one to several phylacterys why would you sit on top of one? Wouldn’t it be better to have one Buried in the tundra, in the middle of the desert, or dropped over board in some shallow sea? Having it lost to all and not marked by a monument would be best. Keeping it close could make it easier for some to find.

Of course I don’t think the Lich was very intelligent.

12. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed on that. I could see a diverse cast of everything from t1 sky titans to slimepeople and gardengnomes.

13. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am half way expecting a Vampire chaosseed now.

14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another possible location for his phylactery was the statue. Working under the assumption that nobody would dare anger an exile. Somewhat smarter but extremely arrogant. The core building is less stupidity and more towering arrogance in my opinion.

15. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In fact this
    1) Deliver the Final Death to the Lich
    2) Destroy the Source of the Lich’s power (the monument to the Exile Rakshasha)

might be saying the statue.

16. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think a lich is like a vampire in that it can come back from nearly in circumstance. The total solar incineration of a vampire leaves nothing to come back. I believe for all purposes Singh is for ever gone. There is no doubt of that. Keeping that in mind I believe his skull fell into the abyss along with the fallen pixie. If he does have a phylactery hidden elsewhere a demilich could rise from the malevolent evil that remains. That’s not saying Singh would return.

These excerpts below are taken from a online D&D monster manual.

https://orkerhulen.dk/onewebmedia/Monster Manual.pdf

If you go to the site above which I advise you to it’s page 48.

{The immortality granted to a lich lasts only as long as it feeds mortal souls to its phylactery. If it falters or fails in that task, its bones turn to dust until only its skull remains. This "demilich" contains only a fragment of the lich's malevolent life force- just enough so that if it is disturbed, these remains rise into the air and assume a wraithlike form.}

{Few liches seek to become demiliches, for it means an end to the existence they hoped to preserve by becoming undead. However, time can erode the lich's reason and memory, causing it to retreat into its ancient tomb and forget to feed on souls. The spells it once knew fade from its mind, and it no longer channels the arcane energy it wielded as a lich.}

Once again I know Singh died the true death according to book 7.

Do you think Aleron took the “true death” from the HBO mini series True Blood?

17. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe that only one Phylactery can be created per person, unlike Horcruxes where multiple can be made.