ALL THESE Foreshadowes

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seems plausible that the burrower rats are being pushed out of their warrens by the eaters. It would explain them turning up in an area far from their normal territory.

2. Johan

Johan Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeon
    Even more exciting was the second reward. Richter initially had no idea why “Dungeon” was capitalized, but once he spoke to Terrod, he knew that he wanted one. According to the captain, notable locations often attracted monsters and beasts. That was how lairs were created. In very rare instances, the energy of the monsters could infuse the locations with their magic and souls. From that point on, the lairs were known as a Dungeon, and the monsters would continually be reborn. Terrod said that while this might sound horrible, Dungeon monsters sometimes dropped coins and items when slain so Dungeons were coveted locations. Richter’s face almost split in half by the time his Companion had finished speaking. He did have one question, though, “Is there usually a really difficult monster to beat at the end of the Dungeon?” Terrod nodded, “So you have heard of these special dungeons before, my lord?” Richter nodded with extreme satisfaction. All that was going through his mind was, “Ohhh Baby!” Even though the chance to obtain such a dungeon was slim, it was still exciting.

Congratulations, Dungeon Master! The Dungeon of Bloody Chaos is born!

3. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Finally, her venom spent, she firmed her grip on the goblin and attacked with Brain Drain. As her own consciousness was carried away by the mental flood of the goblin’s thoughts and experiences, she sent one last message, *I love you, master.* Then she lost all sense of self while being swept away by the flood of the Druid’s memories… and something more." Bk6

What is this "something more"?

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

82%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    bloodstone memory?

Johan and Andrew Lynas like this.
  5. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Esurient Beetle. Lvl 2. Health 40. Mana 0. Stamina 50. Disposition: N/A. Esurient Beetles are a plague upon The Land. Also known as hell bugs, eaters, or ‘the scourge’, these voracious creatures perform only two actions: eating and reproducing. Highly territorial and aggressive, every sentient species no matter the alignment hates these creatures and will kill them on sight. Entire regions have been lost to these swarms of esurient beetles. Fortunately, their queen has a short lifespan of one year after which that particular nest will not resurge for a century. Unfortunately, that one year is enough to turn forests into wastelands.

“Phew. For a second there, I thought we were going to be overrun with flesh-eating beetles or something,” Richter said with a small laugh. He had never really been a big fan of bugs. The sprite laughed in return. “No, no. There are no flesh-eating beetles in the Forest of Nadria.”

Then the holes in the wall exploded with the bodies of hundreds of the foot-long bugs. They squeezed through the small spaces like roaches through a small crack in the floor. They looked exactly the same as the last one, and they were swarming towards Richter and his comrades!
    He was wondering why they hadn’t all been eaten by now, and saw that there were three factors contributing to their continued survival. One, Sion was holding a vial that radiated a bright white light. The radiance was forcing the insects back. The ones in back kept surging forward over their hesitant fellows to in turn be driven back by the light themselves. Two, Daniella’s was still firing imbued arrows into the swarm of bugs. Each strike momentarily cleared a section of the antechamber floor, but it would immediately be filled again with more of the giant insects. Three, the attention of the bugs was divided between trying to kill the party of adventures… and eating their own wounded.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Andrew Lynas likes this.
  6. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Limitless Ability
    “I do not know much, but what I have heard is that Companions are devoted to one another’s cause. As time progresses I have heard that you can sense when the other is in danger, and with enough time and devotion to each other, that you can sense intense emotions. There are stories of the greatest Companions being able to share one another’s strengths and mana, even abilities, but I think that is only fantasy.” Hmmm, Richter thought, having Companions was potentially a way to greatly increase one’s strength. What if Sion could adopt his Limitless Ability?"

If Sion could be limitless too, then He could take over either HT or MV as he now would have the requisite affinities.

2tymes and Andrew Lynas like this.
  7. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alloys
    He didn’t know what good the decaemur armor could do, but he thought he’d show it to Krom to see if the dwarf had any ideas.

The decaemur steel will help advance the alloy research. Alloy examples:
    • Steel
    • High steel
    • Titan steel
    • Decæmur steel

8. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Leandra and the spell she cast
    Name: Leandra. High Elf, Lvl 8. Health: 160/160. Mana 194/250. Stamina 110/110. Disposition: Neutral.

“Each of these spells seems like it takes about 10% of your mana,” Richter said, enjoying her shocked look. He was also wondering what spell she could have recently cast and more importantly who she could have cast it upon. He decided to let it go.

Just what did she do to him?

9. Dragon

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Titan steel is a tier one ore i think, rather than an alloy.

That said, I think they should focus on developing new steel alloys. Its not as fancy as the higher metals but they have a lot more iron ore to work with. They can afford to spend a lot of it for small advancements.

10. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think once his ambient Mana is potent enough to get Titan steel, it will say that it is an alloy and can not be made aswell. Would have been sweet to see what a titan steel magic smithy would have given.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  11. ezra davis

ezra davis Level 5 (Veteran) Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have a foreshadow that will blow your mind.
    • Richter nodded and accepted the admonishment. “I will. Thank you for watching out for me. I still need to remind myself to rely on y’all. I’m used to doing everything myself. I’m lucky to have such Companions.” He made eye contact with each in turn, and they all nodded to him. Whatever happened in the future, right now, they were united. Putting a wry smile on his face, Richter added, “It was sweet of you to worry when I didn’t come back to the village. It’s downright cuddly that you came to check on me.”

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Predators: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 7) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Do you think Richter in Sion will fight? Order vs Chaos?

12. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His hunger had not gotten to the point of eating raw meat. Getting the trots from some weird, alien bacterial infection was most definitely not on his to-do list.

This foreshadows to book eight.
    “Diarrheaaaaaaa!”

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  13. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

12%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thank you so much for reminding me of that monstrosity.

14. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if that chapter is the real reason we don't have an audio book for Monsters yet because Nick is having difficulty with or outright refusing to record that God forsaken chapter.

Commander Azure likes this.
  15. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

82%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    sounds like making a trap in the dungeon with storm of cutting blades would solve these problems easily.. just have futen levitate over the trap hole and shout..

Also could Futen levitate Richter down the hole to get the Maulers body?
    Could Futen have levitated Richter up to the portal bact to Dungeon? or lift him above the trees, or to a very high castle wall..

16. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I seem to remember he could not support Richtær's weight.

17. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

56%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed, and he weighs more now, but with a Feather Fall or Levitation Spell it might be possible?

18. Johan

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Be careful. There are many dangers in the forest. We are on the northern side and there shouldn’t be many organized tribes between here and Yves, but sometimes the southern tribes send hunting parties up. They are not as kind as we are.” Turning to Sion, Hisako placed a cupped hand to his face. “Come back to us safely, my son.”

If the wood sprites of the Hearth Tree are kill on sight friendly neighbors, then when Richtær goes to the southern tribes he will be shot on sight... twice lol. Hopefully he is bad ass enough and has enough reputation to be accepted.

19. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Screenshot_20200429-003123.jpg

Dungeon workers who are "monsters"

20. Dragon

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Clarification question: Where are you getting the idea of dungeon workers that are also monsters from that quote?

The only residents of the Labyrinth that we know off are the small tribe of naiads. Those are elementals though (monstergirl based ones it seems, as the naiads were apparently an all-female race/ settlement eager for male company), intelligent ones with a society of their own, not monsters.

The idea of intelligent monsterworkers makes sense though, we know toolusing intelligent beasts exists, surely those can be spawned and trained to work with the dungeonkeeper.