Four Sentences for LitRPG [Help Write a Story]

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Paul Bellow, May 13, 2017.

1. Jenny Haviland

Jenny Haviland Level 5 (Veteran) Citizen

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "I want to join one of your clans, for you to protect me until I am high enough to protect myself and for you to teach me to change shape when I reach a high enough level to learn it" Jason replied.
    Ntwadumela looked at Piper. Piper looked back at Ntwadumela unmoved. "Its up to you Mela, he is male and only females can learn to become a panther."

Elbryan and Readsalot like this.
  2. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ntwadumela glared at Piper.
    "You know I hate it when you call me Mela - my name is Ntwadumela, dammit!"
    Piper just smiled teasingly and shrugged her shoulders, causing an interesting and very distracting effect since she was still naked.
    "Very well," Ntwadumela turned to Jason, " since you're a male you can choose between the Lion, Tiger and Jaguar classes - Leopards, Cheetahs and Cougars are all female."

Elbryan likes this.
  3. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "I would like to be a Jaguar as they do well on both the flat and in hilly areas" Jason replied. "I will be your distraction. What do you want me to do? When can i learn to change shape?"

Elbryan likes this.
  4. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "To join the Jaguar Clan, you must speak to Funakoshi. A word of advice, little cub. Show respect and listen to every word he says. The Way of the Jaguar begins and ends with 'rei': Respect."

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  5. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Where can I find Funakoshi? Is he here? I would like to join immediately so I can learn to shift as aoon as possible" said Jason excitedly.
    "It will need to wait till later as Funakoshi is not here and if we want to pull this off we will have to act immediately."

Elbryan likes this.
  6. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "I'll call the rest of the Clans, explain to them what our plan is and then send them out so they can set the trap," Ntwadumela continued. "Rest and prepare yourself, then meet me back here in two hours. Piper, will you keep him company and try to answer some of his questions?"
    Piper nodded and led Jason away to a shaded area, underneath a big tree overlooking a beautiful valley.

Elbryan likes this.
  7. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    After they were seated Piper asked "What question would you like answered first?"
    Jason thought for a moment "At what level can I learn to shape shift?"
    Piper laughed "Now how did I know that would be your first question. There is a quest chain involved but you can start it at level 10."

Elbryan and Readsalot like this.
  8. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Do you mean I can start learning at Level 10 or do I have to complete the quest first? And what kind of a quest? You mean I have to go slay a monster or something? What happens if I fail the quest?"

Elbryan likes this.
  9. Elbryan

Elbryan Level 5 (Veteran) Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Slow down there, speedy" Piper purred in a low, silky growl. "Becoming a shapeshifter is as much about what you do, as who you are, and the requirements are difficult to meet. There is only a narrow window of opportunity for you to achieve your goal. You must first be level 10, and speak to the clan head of your chosen race--in this case Funakoshi--then you must complete his task within the development window of level 10.

Readsalot likes this.
  10. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "What is the task you need to complete? How hard is it?" Jsson nervously asked.
    Piper smiled at him "Wish I could tell you, but it us different for every shifter race. The only thing that is the same is that they all give you the same small chance to get the rare race of Panwere instead of your chosen race."

11. Elbryan

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason began laughing, at first a low chortling titter, and then growing into full fledged hysteria. "Panwere? C'mon, you're just jacking with me now, you just made that up, didn't you?"
    Piper looked back, stone faced.
    Jason cleared his throat, "You're serious?" His laughter fading in abrupt awkwardness in the face of her chiseled expression. "You're... serious."

Paul Bellow likes this.
  12. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Look, don't worry about it," Piper said. "Forget about the quest and Panweres and concentrate on the White Wolves. They're bad news and if you're not careful dying will be the least of your worries. I've seen what they do to newcomers and I'd like to rip the heart out of every last one of them."

13. Jenny Haviland

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason paled at the anger in her tone."What do I need to do to prepare for the White Wolves then? What do I need to know about them? How are we going to set a trap for them?" Jason asked.

14. Readsalot

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "All you need to know is they are bullies: typical rich, arrogant jerks who think they can do anything and hurt anyone and get away with it, and usually they're right. But not this time. We know in which area their camp is, but we've been unable to locate the entrance to their den. You are going to help us do that."

Paul Bellow likes this.
  15. Elbryan

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason only took a moment to make up his mind--if he wanted to progress he needed to do quests and this sounded like a prime example in front of him. "Okay, I'm in--but I still need some answers, it might make or break our success. What happens when we kill these wolves? I mean, are they NPC's or characters and if characters l, do they respawn, what's that timer look like, and what ultimately is the point if they are just going to come back like nothing happened?"

Paul Bellow likes this.
  16. Akneel the stubborn

Akneel the stubborn Level 5 (Veteran) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Piper sighed and looked at Jason.
    "They are group who have been torturing characters like you who accidentally get brought here".
    Jason had been the target like this in other games. He had always hated that no one stuck up to them.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  17. DiscipleofTyr

DiscipleofTyr Level 4 (Warrior) Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So... yet another newb taken in by the pussy cats. A soft smile would have touched the werecrow's lips, had Croaker any lips in this form. He took flight from the high limbs of a tree above the throng, beyond the reach of even the most lithe of the kitties, and made straight for the White Wolves' camp. Kitties chase birdies and doggies chase kitties... It didn't pay to remain neutral when the lion was at the door and the wolf pack offered safety.

18. Crowbaits

Crowbaits Level 9 (Burgler) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    England - not New - the old one across the pond
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    High above, Affleka the Stormeagle, part of the high patrol, banked to the left, folded his wings and started his stoop, swiftly building his speed and hurtling down on the unsuspecting werecrow. "This is so much better than Battle of Britain" he thought as he held his targeting on the crows neck. His wings flared and his talons flashed as feathers and blood sprayed and the broken body of the scavenger tumbled back into the forest.

19. Joshua Mason

Joshua Mason Steam Whistle Alley LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jason jumped backwards in alarm as the bloody corpse of a bird fell to the ground with a wet thwack a few meters in front of him. He looked up at Piper, who just shrugged as if this sort of thing happened on a regular basis. Her eyes followed Jason as he walked over to it, nudging it with the tip of a boot. Jason opened his mouth to say something, but closed it quickly, as the corpse at his feet began to transform.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  20. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The corpse in the middle of transforming seemed to lunge forward and reach out to Jason with an object in his hands. All of a sudden a ringing sound overpowered all other noises and his vision was obscured by smoke. Then when his vision cleared before him stood a dark haired man wearing a tuxedo made of feathers the color of ebony As he looked around he realized he was now far above the ground in a palace carved out of what looked to be the flying ribcage of a giant winged beast the man was speaking but his ears were still ringing and he couldn't make out what he was saying.