Funny quotes from books you are reading.

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Wolfgarr, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Wolfgarr

Wolfgarr Level 7 (Cutpurse) Roleplaying LitRPG Author Citizen Beta Reader Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    Gold:
    Zorkmid:
    "Mom was always in a hurry. Her job as a lawyer kept food on the table, as she liked to remind us. But it also kept her in motion, saying stuff like “time is money.” My question was, if time was money, then why weren’t we all rich? Smartass comments like that got me grounded though"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15773126-matt-archer

2. Wolfgarr

Wolfgarr Level 7 (Cutpurse) Roleplaying LitRPG Author Citizen Beta Reader Aspiring Writer

60%
    xp:
    Gold:
    Zorkmid:
    From the blurb of a book i saw someone was reading on my main page at goodreads...

"When Sam is fourteen, he enters the Dark Woods and returns with Gary, the hornless gay unicorn, and a half-giant named Tiggy, earning the moniker Sam of Wilds"
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24468673-the-lightning-struck-heart
    Its a gaymance book.. Not my cup of tea and one i wont be reading. But the blurb did make me laugh. The hornless gay unicorn << part had me busting my guts.

Interesting note.. Something i do not understand. 99% of the reviews for this book are from women.. Really ?

3. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

64%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    Gold:
    Zorkmid:
    Dagger and the Coin series by Daniel Abraham.

Attached Files:

Seagrim and Wolfgarr like this.
  4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 14 (Defender) LitRPG Author Citizen

3%
    xp:
    Gold:
    Zorkmid:
    Yaoi is writ for the ladies. Mostly. Sounds like something my missus would read.

Wolfgarr and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  5. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 8 (Thug) Citizen

76%
    xp:
    Gold:
    Zorkmid:
    A hornless gay unicorn = eunuch horse?
    Half giant = kindda tall dude

This author is contradicting herself. thanks for sharing, it made me smile :D

I had to look it up and the rest of the blurb delivers!

At fifteen, Sam learns what love truly is when a new knight arrives at the castle. Sir Ryan Foxheart, the dreamiest dream to have ever been dreamed.
    Naturally, it all goes to hell through the years when Ryan dates the reprehensible Prince Justin, Sam can't control his magic, a sexually aggressive dragon kidnaps the prince.

Ok this is hilarious, I need that book in my life!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Wolfgarr likes this.
  6. Wolfgarr

60%
    xp:
    Gold:
    Zorkmid: