POLL Golem and Rock Giant synergy of Items

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by Johan, Jan 31, 2021.

Tags:
?

Will Richter use the Rock Giant Items on the Golem

1. No, the golem wont make it back to the village

2. No, Richter will make a new golem and use it on that one

3. No, Richter will not use the Rock Giant items on a golem at all

4. Yes, Richter will use the Rock Giant items on the current flowing rock golem

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do yous guys/galls think Richter will make a new golem with the Rock Giant item set, or just use the current one and augment it. Might make this a poll

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So unless he upgrades the augment golem talent again, it's already maxed out on upgrade materials. So while possible, I think it unlikely, and maybe even wasteful because the nesting stone slime core doesn't really mesh with the rock giant items.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why not? all earth based.

5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Slime core makes the earth golem more slime like.
    Rock Giant items will likely make it more like the giant with hard /impenetrable skin right? Seems to me if he blows the tps on the talent and uses the rock giant skine core or crown pieces on it, it would likely counter what the slime core gives it.

6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it depends.

The rock giant would have to be at least mana level 2 to be worthwhile, as an inferior stone golem is basically trash even at level 50+.

If the material is mana level 3 he could make a second stone golem equivalent to the first one, hopefully this one will have a significantly higher starting level than the first one.

If the material is above mana level 3 he should get his other enchanter to help him, maybe Alma as well. Their combined mana regen should be sufficient for them to create a level 51 tier 4 rock golem. That's the kind of defensive tank that can hold a breach in a city wall for a long time on its lonesome.

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alright that sounds reasonable. There is also the whole:
    "Be warned, however; augmenting your golem with the wrong materials can weaken it, destroy it or cause a loss of the Enchanter’s control". That is a good reason to just keep it with materials from the same creature like the first one did.

I don't think he can use the Rock Giant Heart as the Elemental Earth Stone, but maybe. The Rock Giant Hear reminds me more of the Slime Core of the Nesting Stone Slime. If he can't use the Heart, then he will need to purchase two more ranks of Augment Golem, (52 x1) + (52 x2) = 156 TP.

Andrew Lynas and Mister Bill like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think he should make a golem from the rock giants bones. If he did could he heal it like the one he has now?

My understanding is that the best golems are made from the strongest of the most common materials in a region. Not only is that supposed to give them more strength but allows for plenty of materials to heal with.

I have thought several times that Ricther could use the memetic flesh to cover a skeleton. The flesh applied to a skeleton should increase its strength and function like a layer of padded armor. I’m not sure how many he would need to use with the Rock Giant monster but it could make a devastating beast of a monster.

Do you think he could use that flesh sandwiched between its bones and rock like skin?

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe it would still be a Earth Golem, not a Skeleton Monster like the Devastator Skeleton. As such he should be able to heal the golem with whatever is consistent with its nature...earth or rock I suppose.

10. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still think an air golem should be his next one. Hi powered, immune to physical, goes anywhere there is air. Absolute fodder monster.

11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Where would he get an air elemental stone or similar?
    upload_2021-1-31_20-33-37.png

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As of yet, no idea. But it just needs to be a magically active item that aligns with the basic element of air. I'm unsure how the level of attunement effects the end product but given his village's powers I'm sure he'll run into more than a few around 60-70%. If he could pull 75% attunement from a level 4 magic source that should be on par with his current earth golem.

13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well maybe Richter upgrades enough Golem Creation Talent past enchanting level/1. It will get past the 8 basic magics for golem creation and go for higher and deeper magics. A chaotic, blood, or psychic or spirit golem could be interesting.

Maybe a Harpy will give up an air stone.

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If not a Harpy perhaps a Wind Demon? Would it be possible to extract one from a air elemental? Seems like you might need to do it while it was alive.

I still think Ricther should have Beyan raise the Rock Giant/Monster from death. He could use the bones and skin with the memetic flesh. That wouldn’t go against his limit on Golems. I think Ricther would be better off making another traditional golem from marbleized. Quartz or from some metal he has like the moonstone.

Instead of three golems he could have three golems and one bad @$$ walking dead giant.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he doesn’t get one on the way back to the village then maybe one of the monsters in his dungeon could provide a stone (especially if the labyrinth ends up helping with the loot balls).

16. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea. Sounds really OP against physical-only monsters and such. I’m guessing people using skills would have a way to fight it. Maybe it would be good in the mists, especially if he can combine it to camouflage in the mists.
    Imagine thinking you’re going to hit the village without it noticing and an air golem ambushes you out of nowhere. He could have it patrol the mist.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Out of the blue and hidden in the gray. That could cause you to have a bad day!

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't forget the base material does not matter, or at least does not give bonuses.

Wind Daemon...i do not know...it is a daemon. well only one way to find out.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther needs to trap something where he killed the aberration. All he would need to do is get in the room with the rune stones then reactivate it. It wouldn’t be good for his charisma or his alignment but once it was trapped he could use his new power to harvest from an I damaged monster. Yeah I know that pretty evil.

20. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The rune keeping the aberration in the room is still active, he doesn't deactivate it in case there is something else in there as well.

Harvest doesn't work on things that are still functioning. Unless you meant he keeps them trapped /alive in there and then harvest them fresh when he needs more drops.

Mister Bill likes this.