Golems

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Chard, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Chard

Chard Level 5 (Veteran) Exiles Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Considering all the talent points richter has invested into golem enchanting, and the fact he can now have up to 3 golems, I am going to assume we will see more golems.

taking AK’s obvious affinity for life magic. I predict that Richter will turn the rock giants heart into a life golem. And as that is a power in his PoP, it will get some serious boost when created.
    I hope the third golem is also a PoP affinity. Maybe an air golem from the wind demon corpse.

additionally I am dying for Richter to give his current flowing rock golem some of the ravaged worm spikes, so it can make wolverine claws. This would make its punch ability absolutely lethal!

Johan, Dragon, Joe Schmoe and 4 others like this.
  2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty good idea with the next Golum being made form old Stone Giant's heart. It is truly a final f**k you to the mortal enemy of Richto. You know I had doubts if you are him(M.). Now I do not.

When Richter will come back with Sloth(where did he get this name from exactly??) Sloth could be used as a tank or as a ballista throwing stone boulders at the bugbears.. Sure you could block a tiny arrow but what about 100kg stone lol.. Bears are f*** Another reason to use mist workers too as a stationary dumb ballistic unit. (chop tree vs throw stones.. seems like same order set.) Also why aren't misties mining all day long?

What do you think is the hidden tier 2 talent for golums was that Richter missed in his talent tree?
    Sloth could really hunt well in the dungeon or the labyrinth, and consume, consume, consume..

• We could use Titan steel to make next golum, just use the titan steel cubby/3 feet height safe from aberration cave, a super strong golum.. But what would be the item to enchant it though.
    • Resources harvested from the HellBeastMauler... into a hell golum
    • Magic golum, from elementum, for casting shields and fireballs/healing magics...
    • Dark golum from aberration blood/meat maybe.. nice assassination option
    • Flying air golum, we do have a could giant soul for some reason.
    I mean just imagine, Richter with 4 golums, familiar, 2 summoned beasts, 2 tamed beasts.. farming the dungoen lol.. this is a one mans strike squad.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sloth from the Goonies.

4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther made a flowing stone golem from the small stone slime he harvested. The Litch Said he placed a giant green slime at the portal for a trap. If he did hopefully Ricther will find the other end first and harvest the giant green slime.

What do you think Ricther will be able to make from a giant green slime if he harvests it?

Should he use the Akaton evolution spell on it before he uses harvest?

5. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The trick is being able to kill it.

Dragon and Captain BlackJack like this.
  6. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wondered if there was actually a slime at the portal, or if he just said that because he was expecting to be observed and wanted them to use the eldritch portal trap. I guess we will find out later when the imp says here is your way home just go past that slime and use this activation key on the portal

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its impossible to know what the lich did and what he wanted. He may have figured Richter would overthink the whole mountain slime thing and simply made contingency plans for multiple scenarios.

If you never open the box the cat is there and it is not there.

The mountain slime would give amazing loot. Considering what a regular slime almost did to them, I would avoid it. Fighting a slime the size of a mountain inside a tunnel where you can't move out of its range is not my idea of a good day.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wait what? Its not a summon or pet, and akaton evolution is not an attack spell.

Plus a mountain slime was considered a threat to the combined mist and HT army by the HM who more than anyone has an accurate idea of the power of her mages and the magical archers. Evolving it, thereby making it even more of a threat than it already is, sounds like a really awful idea. Awesome for us readers if it happened, but awful for the characters.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I look forward to the kind of golems he can make once he maxes his talent and their levels matches his skilllevel from the start. 5 minor golems at level 51 plus whatever bonuses from exceeding the required enchantment efficiency (now that he knows the trick he should be able to exceed his first efforts). I might throw the first golem at the enemy as soon as I had another 4 maxed out golems and the materials for a fifth.

After that, maybe he can engeneer a situation where he has access to sufficient mana regen for the next tier of golems?

Edit:

Level 51 golem stats.

Base attack: 35.5

Base defence: 116

Base Health: 1375

Base Mana: 422 (why does this rock need mana? :) )

Base Stamina: 1375

Base speed: 91.5 (or roughly 30 meter per minute, which is garbage. Its a really durable target once it runs out of stamina for throwing rocks, as long as the enemy can outmaneuver it at least. At level 100 it can walk as fast as a human on a leisure walk. Great for tunnel warfare or for blocking a breach in a wall or any situation where the enemy has to come to it. In every other situation, this is the kind of opponent you kite to death. Given that its throwing range is 181 feet or 60 meters i guess the kindir could kill it with their slings without ever getting within its throwing range? It would take forever to do so given its extreme defence stat, but it should be doable. At worst you just walk away.)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  10. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he finds the right kind of core for it, he should make a Mist Golem. Since they require being near their raw material to function and his mist workers can't fight, it would make an excellent bodyguard inside of Richter's domain.

OR what about making a Darkness Golem to guard the caves

OR a Water Golem to protect the ship when it is complete.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the mist Golem, probably could use the mist roots for a low tier version. 50% physical immunity would be pretty cool.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag, I don’t mind being corrected at all. I did say a giant green slime and that isn’t likely to be correct as AK didn't say green. It actually wasn’t ever said what type it might have been. It was only said to be a behemoth slime. I believe that is in regards to size only not what type. Maybe you should go back and take another look as well.

The evolution part you want to correct me about is easy as pie.

I should have explained that for you.

First Ricther finds the giant slime. Then he burns it near to death. Fire normally takes care of any slime. In book eight Ricther did fight a stone slime of AKs own design that had fire resistance. After nearly killing the Behemoth Slime he cast tame. Then once tamed he can evolve the slime. Like the mauler the slime would then get another chance to break the tame spell. With The slime already near death Ricther now has to battle a weaker evolved behemoth slime.

So where did you come up with a Mountain Slime?

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was wrong as well as it turns out :)

I'm not sure I said anything that would disagree on type of slime.

HM is a far, far more powerful mage than the current Richter. HM says the slime would be a threat to an entire army of which she would presumably be a part.

Even with an elementary weakness, this thing is large and powerful enough to be considered an army killer. Meanwhile Richter is an initiate or novice fire mage - not sure which - with limited fire spells. The oil-fire combo is good, but i'm not sure its enough. Maybe he can beat it with intelligence and a trap?

14. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Initiate, had to get to 12 for the fire ball spell. However between that and weak flames he's very limited in his fire abilities.

I'm just gonna say it. Something of the behemoth size in almost any situation (regardless of slime or not) is beyond Richter right now. With enough bat prep maybe (full access to cauldron with tabia's explosive /pyrotechnic proclivities, as well as her likely firm grasp on basic chemistry) but otherwise it's a wipe. Something that can flow over an army like a wave isn't going to have much trouble with Richter and his current capabilities and spells.

Now with master Mage Randy in tow things might change (unless he spec Ed fully into the change and illusion sides of water magic and neglected the blizzard side) if he could manage to freeze the whole damn thing (or a large portion of it) and shatter it. Disposing of the pieces while Randy stays busy keeping the others/ the rest frozen.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree Ricther can’t go toe to toe with a behemoth slime. There isn’t any real way to do that.

I also think the situation has totally changed from what it was before. Prior the slime could just wait at the mouth of the portal to feed on anything passing through it. That alone would be completely and totally limiting. Now Ricther could possibly come up from its rear. This is also different then the slime he fought in the caverns. Ricther was extremely limited inside the caverns. With Ricther coming up from an opposite position that changes things some. That’s if the slime is still there. Keeping distance would be Ricthers only real chore. Casting grease multiple times prior to engaging would be wise in an attempt to bottle neck the behemoth. Slamming it from a distance with fireball and his psy attack. Cloud running should be a lot more affective as well.

I don’t think the question is can the behemoth be beaten it’s more of how to beat the behemoth.

Shout, a really like the idea of freezing it as well. That would Definitely make a huge difference in its mobility. Once you have immobilized anything the game should be about over.

That was how Ricther and sloth beat the scorpion.

darkenedstar likes this.
  16. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Not on Richter's lonesome"
    Big enough to flow over an army means there's only one direction Richter can effectively evade, which is directly away from it. Unlike a falling tree the behemoth slime negates the ability to step slightly out of the path of death. Yes cloud running may help a little but assuming it's general appearance resembles that of a water droplet on a surface, Richter shouldn't really be able to kite this monster to death, just from its sheer size, regardless of the size of the cavern its in (unless he gets a major agility boost).

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Assuming it's near the lich underground, used cavern as a catch all for "not on the surface"

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know it’s on the other side of a portal. Have we been told it’s in a cavern? I can see this behemoth laid out like a lake in front of the portal. I can’t seem to fathom the idea of a behemoth slime not filling every pocket of space in a cavern.

The Hearth Mother says its big enough to wash over an army.

So how big of an army?
    How big is a behemoth?

Do you think it’s like a large pond, a small, medium, or a large lake?
    No way it’s as big as a sea or a small ocean. I just can’t buy into that.

19. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It would not have to be as big as a lake if it waits few inches in front of the portal exit

20. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We don't know the upper limit of power on many creatures. By far the most powerful thing faced was the lynch, and Ritcher was exceedingly lucky in defeating it. We have hints of old powers awakening, and we suddenly realized in book eight that creatures have tiers and ranks of power. There is so much we don't know. Basically, besides the lynch, all we have as a basis of monster strength is the spider queen, the crypt mistress, the chucubarras, the dark aberration, and the mauler (who richer didn't defeat– he tamed loosing his sanity). Besides the mauler none of these are big powers. All are tough for the average person but not for a kingdom like yves, not even for the HM and her small village. And this is a backwater corner of the world, where everything except the ancient slumbering hidden things are weak. We have not really faced anything harder than we would wandering the forest of the first part of a video game.

In other words, we have no clue as to a behemoth slime. We haven't faced any bosses really. Ritcher's items seem powerful but compared to Randy's equipment only black ice compares, and Randy himself only seems like a mid level adventurer comparatively to what is out there (there are people who collect items of power in the world). So our characters are only strong to the low basis we have been exposed to. Could ritcher take on a behemoth slime? the slime could be level 60 or 160; it could have an attack of 40 or an attack of 400 or 4000; it could have 10,000,000 + health; we don't know, and for the upper limit of these guesses Rithcer would be as effective as a puppy barking.