Golems

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Chard, Jun 3, 2020.

1. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I forgot about the Mist Roots. They seem like a good mist material. Maybe after the flood of mana from unlocking two powers at once they will evolve to a tier 2 Mist Root variation.

Missed Roots: tier 2 roots that are so misty you almost missed them.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Talking about people who collect items of power. Ricther hasn’t done to bad himself.
    Has anyone totaled up all of Ricthers items of power and all the powerfully rare items?

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not a complete list of all worthwhile items with an explanation as to their current status. Richter spent most of his powerful singleuse items in the battle with the lich. Remaining are

There are the 3 cores.
    The dwarven axe
    The elementum bars
    The stasis box with the egg inside. Definitely would be good as a research project, its the only example of stasis magic thus far. Its unlikely they can replicate it, but they might learn some things.
    The Runic items and the Runes imbedded in floors in the abandoned village and in the caves of abomination.
    Etc.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He also found Eloras Chrysalis , the bloodstone, a dungeons heart crystal, the seed core, now the celestial tree, I would think the glass dragons blood would count, plus the two heart crystals to places of power. Shouldn’t all those be considered as items of power?

Dragon likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm wondering if the Mist Roots are only able to become Mist Roots because they Grow in the vicinity of the Mist Lay Line Converge(/Mist PoP), if so then other PoPs are likely to have there own interesting Herbs due to th he effect of those PoP Lay Line Energy's? Also the Mist Roots (and other PoP Effected Herbs?) may very well become Stronger and gain Additional Effects as the Mist PoP becomes stronger?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hadn’t thought of that but Idefinitely believe that should be the cause and affect. We definitely know from the story that all types of ambient mana effect all of its surroundings.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What does etc. mean to you? XD

1) No longer available

Dragon's blood has been used on the cauldron, I believe all of it was spent.
    Neither heart crystal is available for use, one has been traded away, one is permanently bonded to Richter.
    Banshee scream. Used against lich.
    Bottled demon. Used against lich.
    Ghost coin. Used against lich.
    Celestial and abyssal bomb. Used against exile statue and lich.

2) Turned into permanent assets

Elora's chrysalis no longer exists. Elora is no item, though the pixies are a pretty good trade :)
    The seed core has been used. The celestial tree is not an item, but I agree its a major asset.
    The bloodstone is used in the Dungeon and therefore not available.

3) items that are currently in use but possibly not permanently
    The core in the FOH
    The core in the cauldron.

4) Not sure what this is?

Dungeons heart crystal?

5) Item's and resources of power immediately available for Richter to dispose of

One core
    Dwarven axe
    Elementum bars
    Map piece (artifact level)
    Titan steel vault

6) Items of significance to research

Stasis box
    Various runes and runed items
    Remnants from trashed lightning trap.

8. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    4) when the dungeon spire/ outside node appeared it did so with a crystal to claim, works the same as a PoP crystal and is how Richter maintains status as Dungeon Master.

5) Just adding on: Rock giant core, Possible Abbysal Gobrit Tree core if Tabia didn't melt the whole thing down for the bomb, dark soul stones, Royal Aswani queen jelly, That orc flag with the massive fighting bonus, cloud giant soul

Johan, Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The orc flag may have more value for the researchers? It was in very bad condition.

Actually, now that I think of it, it may be worth restoring it and keeping it around in case Richter ever gathers a significant number of orcs under his banner. Well, their banner.

Johan likes this.
  10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag all of those items were items of power. Ricther has used or facilitated some of them.
    For instance Eloras Chrysalis was an item of power instead Ricther brought Elora back into the world and now she has bonded to what is now his Celestial Tree. Should I mention the celestial tree came from his seed core? Now Elora and the Celestial tree are part of his PoP and they both help empower his lands and his rule. Ricther also receives the Celestial Fruit and it’s true silver rinds. Ricther has colllected a lot of Items of Power and he has put some of them to a higher use.

I can’t see a problem with that. I would think most people that collect items of power wouldn’t just keep them on a shelf to look at.

I would like you to explain how the stasis box with the Great Khans egg would be a item of power?

Can it be used to focus magic?
    Is the egg Magical?

All I see is a stasis box with an egg. Now that egg can be hatched and the Great Khan could be returned to the throne but some how I just don’t think it qualifies as an IoP.

11. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter maybe able in time to either use his Talents to Break Down the Stasis Box and Learn the Stasis Enchantment or create a Core Creation Table (or similar) and Learn the Enchantment from that?

12. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The scrolls of monster summoning. It was either bartle or bea copied. The first attempt exploded but the 2nd worked and I believe 5 copies were made. Also shouldn't we be counting the monocle of Niclewis?

13. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that perhaps Mist golem could be something that Richter could do/have the option of once the MV hits level 2.

AndyJ and Captain BlackJack like this.
  14. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just an add on. He is allowed to use the mana from other enchanters. He just needs to be the primary enchanter. So we have Enalise and I'm blanking but the enchanter that was in the original mv grp and made the soul stones. Also mana potions are allowed, he would have access to the MV mana and he also has the blueprint for a mana storage building. Basically I'm saying mana won't be the issue. Just Richter getting the TP's to buy the next tier...Not to mention there are so many other things for him to buy with TP's like better dimensional storage.

15. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gloran, but I thought the talent only applied to soul stones/ soul power the under enchanter could use

16. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Until he learned Golem making, that was true. Now perhaps its another mage that can supply mana instead of an enchanter. I definitely remember once the golem was done that it was mentioned if anyone in the magic community that a first time making a golem was able to do the 3rd level/tier without a mana potion or another users mana they would be astounded.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You can't see how an item that has remained active for centuries running a stasis effect might be countes as an item of power in its own right? With the sidenote that crafting stasis boxes like this one would be pretty useful if you needed to transport still living samples or for monster/ animal storage (yes animal storage, stasis stable is a nice place for winter - no reason to feed every beast in the village :) ) assuming they can be made bigger. Not to mention the shot at learning more about stasis magic or the art of siphoning ambient mana to power items. Its under research because its of limited value in and off itself but opens up possibilities. Most of the Runes are worthless too, but create an opportunity to learn.

The goal was a list of items of power. I've chosen to add whether they have been spent or are otherwise unavailable at the current time, to get an idea of what he actually has remaining.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The monocle definitely. The scrolls i'm unsure what level they were at.

Effectively there is one other enchanter of note in the village, Enalise is a crafter and miner, not an enchanter. He also has Alma who is likely a bigger source of mana regen. Mana storage is good, potions are as well. I suppose he might just be able to crack the next tier of golems, if he can find a sufficiently powerful item to serve as its heart.

He should also look for enchanters amongst the kindir and ask whether HM has an enchanter or two she can spare in order to create a tier 4 golem.

Personally my next aquisition would be the golem talent, maxing it out would be ideal. With 5 level 51 golems under his control, Richter could probably decimate the company of trolls from book 6 on his own. Even better, the golems are replaceable. With such a force under his command he is far more likely to succeed against the ogre lord.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    NOPE

I sure can’t.

Does it focus magic?

Does it empower other items?

Assuming the answer above is no. I would say it’s a magical charged item. That would be the same issue with other items that are magically charged. It’s a item of power vs a powerful magically charged item difference. Can you use the stasis box to charge another item? Or does the box require a charge? It’s the same issue with The dwarvin Axe. It’s might be worth fighting a war over but it’s not a true item of power. It’s really just a powerful item.

Johan likes this.
  20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We have a different understanding of item of power it seems. In this context, i see it as any item that brings extraordinary opportunity or power, not a specific class of items with certain traits. Is a fork that brings a 0.1 % bonus to the regen rate of charges on other items an item of power? It focuses mana and empowers the regen rate of other items. It does so from your backpack, and it stacks with other forks.