Golems

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Chard, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know a core Golem had been mentioned. I just don’t see that Happening at this point. Ricther has learned how to make Golems without cores. Plus when that was mentioned no one knew how to do it if it could be done. I could see Ricther powering a metal construct with a magic core.

Another point.

Ricther has removed two magic cores and repurposed them in very short periods. I don’t think there will be a month time limit. It could be that the magic core is weakened every time it is taken and reused. For some reason I am thinking two of the three cores he has registered differently.

Johan and Zinga like this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter removed unclaimed cores that had presumably been in place for millenia.

I think its simply a question of the creator of the legendary item receiving a punishment of some sort if he allows or orders his creation to be destroyed to retrieve the core. One that more than outweighs the rewards for creating it.

Captain BlackJack and Zinga like this.
  3. Zinga

Zinga Level 4 (Warrior) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What do you mean "registered differently"

4. Zinga

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe they are just AWSOME AA batteries, where you can pop them in and out, from one remote to another? Lol

Dragon likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That could be possible. If there was a time constraint on removing and reusing a magic core we haven’t seen one yet.

I was thinking that their might had been some differences in the magic cores. I went back and looked at them. They were all said to be constructed spheres with red and white light shining out from them. All three of them registered at 15,000 of 15,000. The color hadn’t changed prior to their use either. For some reason I was thinking the the one used in the forge prior to it’s use contained more color. After looking it back up it was the anvils that had more colors.

Wouldn’t you think that after a core had been used for hundreds of years and the object it was purposed for was destroyed that those batteries would show some usage?

Zinga likes this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To balance the system Aleron would definitely need to either negate rewards gained from creating a corebuilding or punish the creator in the event of its destruction. Otherwise, what prevents a nation such as Rione from using their core to mass produce Masters, maybe even grandmasters, simply by repeatedly using it? Even with a cooldown period, unless we are talking several years, it would be worth it. Masters are that valuable.

A more fundamental problem with removing cores in general is that it negates progress made. Not just towards the next level, but also the loss of knowledge. Once a core building reaches level 2 removing the core would be a giant waste.

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At a minimum Richter loses his forge of heavens mark and a rank of dragon kin. Any research for core buildings is lost since each time they are created they are unique, and thus research for them is unique.
    Skill progression might not be lost, but maybe he might not get any more if he is the one that uses the core again. Maybe he can't use them for the same skill progression. Example of that last one: if he does decide to destroy one of his current buildings and use the corresponding core again, he could gain more skill progression but not in enchanting.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For me that’s enough of a penalty.

9. Zinga

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ya, that makes sense, and honestly that was what I figured would be the case. We just haven't seen any indication of it. So, perhaps they are perpetual.

10. Zinga

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Perhaps the Land it self would step in. It definitely has the ability detect intent and we have seen it take action, like when Ricther killed the small animal he summoned. So maybe the Land would step in and say....

"Know this! You appear to be trying take advantage of the Universe's generosity! No skill points will be rewarded!

"Head this warning Ricther of the Mist Village, for you will not receive it again! Consequences will be dire!

11. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richtos golumn can maybe kill a few professed warriors..
    We need a Omega supreme who can wipe out entire Companies of bears

12. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Preparation and planning, given enough time and resources richter could conceivably build a trap(s) that could kill almost anything. Unlikely to happen is more than an understatement though.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Considering what Ricther achieved on his first try with the little stone slimes core What do you think he could achieve with a behemoth slime?

14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sadly the only thing we really know about removing a core is that what ever it was used on returns to its original condition. The conversation with the dwarves about using gold to make the forge said that much.

i would guess that the cores would have a Very long cool down at the very least

the behemoth slime core would be wasted on his ability atm in my opinion

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  15. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, if he could lure it around and or out he'd have some advantages. As it is/ was, it's sitting on the other side of a one way door which greatly reduces the ability to lay traps in advance from the only currently known avenue of approach.

16. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Was sitting there. The controlling lich is dead So it might have wandered off. Not a gamble they are likely to take but...

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Ice mages staff Ricther traded off would have been really nice if faced off by a giant slime.

18. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wild theory time!

Caulder's soul was bound to the Mausoleum with that trap in the coffin, which is also where the Core was kept. What if his soul was bound to the Core specifically?
    With that in mind, what if something happens (like an invasion) that necessitates Richter using the Core on his "Sloth" golem. When combined it brings back Caulder as the golem. Then we get more adventures of Shinecatcher & Caulder!

19. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lets put this theory in the Same category as george washington being responsible for climate change

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well considering that Humans have been causing Climate Change for most of our Existence once we figured out Fire, Chopping Down Tree's and Farming that Theory actually has a little bit of fact to it, especially if you factor in War and Mass Manufacturing.

It's also a Fact that Moving Fast does effect Clocks and so the passage of Time Flow.