Golems

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Chard, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ahh Drag, I think Ricther is the center stage. I doubt very seriously Aleron has Ricther take a backseat in the defense of his own Domain. Even with the action against the Goblin camp Ricther center-staged everything besides Yoshis duel.

Can we still consider Ricther a character surrounded in anonymity? I don’t see how we can. Everything Ricther does or has done brings him notoriety.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah he is a nobody in the eyes of the world with only a few factions having an idea who he is (count, whitepearl, Yvesian nonhumans, HT, kobolds, Trolls, vampires, sentient wolves). No one outside of the mist and tree knows about the lich and if he tells people about it, most nonvillagers will consider it a tall tale because it is so increadibly unlikely. The celestial pixies and the quickening are unknown. The core buildings are unknown. Even the battle for the bloodstone seems likely to have been credited to the sprites that were clearly present in large numbers, given that they leave quite a few marks behind from a charged arrow flight (they probably know there were some nonsprites on the other side, but they also know HM is the biggest dog in the neighborhood).

The Dungeon is Richter's biggest claim to regional fame and it has definitely been noticed by Richter's neighbors. But its not like his name is attached to it. Hell even Grim'ault has no idea who Richter is and he is planning an invasion of the area to conquer the Dungeon.

3. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What will probably happen is......The alliance will invade. The village will not be able to hold them back. Richter will show up out of nowhere and use his large scale wave settlement spell to wipe them out. Then he'll make a bad pun like "it's only polite to WAVE hello?"
    The book will end with Richter having another five-way, because Richter is classy like that.

Dragon and Captain BlackJack like this.
  4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dark wave just isn't that largescale. Its no armykiller, its a company killer.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can see that.

I could also see him using blood harvest. Then feeding all the energy to the dungeon and gaining level 15.

There is on thing for sure. If Aleron hasn’t given Ricther the ability to defeat his enemies he will be given more.

AndyJ likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was said in book eight that it was an army killer.

7. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dread harvest is still a while away for richter to use. It was the most powerful blood magic spell the stone used.

on the plus side, no more enemy mass graves. Just dump the bodies in the blue sand and get diamonds. Defense just got very profitable for Mv.

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    By Richter. That doesn't fill me with confidence that it will do more than what the description said.

40 yard range, seven jets of water with rapidly decreasing power puring forth from Richter's hands. It will be a slaughter for the front rows and anyone struck further back either by debris or by a jet of water will be dead or heavily wounded. Employed at the right moment, say after a drawn out and costly siege where they have taken the trenches and the village wall only to reach the 30 foot tall wall blocking passage into the meadow, it may well break the enemy spirit.

But the enemy isn't going to just stand around in formation waiting for Richter's ten second cast time to run out, they will realize he is a mage and act to break his concentration. If he can get it off at the right moment, it should prove devestating. Several dozens dead, dozens more wounded and out of the fight.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They probably lose their secondary buildings such as the longhouses and the farms, but the bugbears will almost certainly be stopped at the meadow wall. No easy way to get up there, thereas the outer wall is too long, too low and too undermanned to keep the bugbears out.

Thankfully the house of healing is built from marbled quartz - a bit hard to torch - and so is the training facilities.

At a guess the dwarves will arrive in time to beef up the defenders giving them a fighting chance and the caravan will arrive in the aftermath with new citizens and enough supplies to last the village a little while. Long enough for them to come up with a new plan

There is a very good chance Richter comes riding to the rescue with his golem(s?) and probably a few new allies at the last moment.

A traditional "its always darkest right before the dawn" storyline would fit Aleron's style.

10. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What would be the difference between a wood elemental and a wood golem? Sentience I suppose.

Earth Magic golem could really be rock/clay/etc or wood. In the off chance he could find a seed core, and a really amazing tree, that would be an amazing golem too.

Celestial Golem...fruit of the quicken + the Quickening would make an amazing guardian that would not be able to travel far from the tree. Might want to wait until the tree is the next level, but maybe not. I see it like the Krystal Golem that defends it's garden. Might help out the pixies.

Then I suppose if he ever kills another krystal heart/golem, and gets an item to make a golem from, then he could make a concentrated krystal golem too. Though that might just be an earth golem too, idk.

11. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly i would go with origin and independence, as well as possible additional powers.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. Aren’t elements living creatures? Where as all Golems are created?

2. I have been thinking about a wood golem for the past two weeks. Doesn’t Ricther still have the magically charged heart from the Goblet tree?

I had wondered about making a highly magical charges tree. For instance could he use a tree like the used for the tablet and table? Could he charge the tree with life magic or a celestial fruit? I like the celestial fruit better as I believe it would be more powerful. Then use the heart of the goblet tree to ramp it up to life. I know Hisako says it’s very dangerous to mix magic, although Randy Spoke of being very possible.

3. I love the idea of a celestial golem! I would want to use the fruit and true silver somehow. I just don’t think there is enough true silver in his domain to draw from. That carries it back to using the fruit as an ingredient to its creation. The magical trees they found would still work. Perhaps in time it could be augmented with true silver. That would be great against axe attacks and evil creatures.

4. A crystal golem would be nice as well perhaps it could be magically charged at his place of power. That is in the depths Hisako new not to go. I believe that’s where Ricther should do all his enchanting.

Just one question though. Could parts of such a golem be used to enchant weapons? It would be bad to lose some pop charged crystal to an enemy then the use it against you.

GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This particular mix of magic is how they created the bomb that destroyed the exile statue though. She took some abyssal essence from the gobrit heart and celestial essence from on of the fruits

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking it might had but couldn’t remember if she said she used the heart.