Golumn True Growth vs Golum Enchantments or smtng

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Dec 4, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heil Brothers!

Richter has chosen for his golum True growth talent with +- 1.5 mln exp until next lvl. So its clear that without accidentally killing an enemy army a few times, Golumn will not level up.. maybe with consumption ability that could be done easier..
    However the question remains how much more powerful the golum would be with Golumn enchantment talent vs True growth!?

Currently we see that Golumn is strong enough, he is able to stand on his own ---+ vs lvl 52 Tier 2 Worm. and +- vs ~42 lvl Scropion.

upload_2020-12-4_18-54-19.png
    upload_2020-12-4_18-58-24.png
    upload_2020-12-4_18-58-59.png
    So now we have a choice!
    True growth for 42 TP or Golem Enchantment for 80 TP

Current Golem is ~17th = 17*3 = 51 Enchantment lvl.
    With Golem Enchantment 4 : 51lvl/2 = 25.5 ~26 +2lvl's as a bonus we will have 28lvl golem vs lvl 19 now.

lets look at the stats: current lvl 19
    upload_2020-12-4_19-5-28.png
    Now lvl 28 Golem
    Health: 800
    Mana: 249
    Stamina: 800
    Attack: 24
    DEFENCE: 70 (sorry but hahahahahahaha epic lols.. try killing this thing)
    Speed: 57 ft/min
    Speed not in Retard units: 17.37 meters/min
    for a comparison avg human walking speed is 100 meters/min so clearly AK has fucked up the speed pretty drastically here.

Enchanted Golem.
    upload_2020-12-4_19-16-12.png
    upload_2020-12-4_19-16-51.png

So after upgrade the speed increases + 31% Flowing rock Golem speed would be:
    74.6 ft/min? for Lvl 28 Flowing rock Golem.. 30% slower than walking human.. the f**k?! WTF..
    Speed:74.6 ft/min
    Speed not in Retard units: 22.7 meters/min (avg human walks 100 meters in a min)
    I think its obvious that a stronger golem would absolutely devastate everything in his path.. still now true growth is a content option.

speed should be an error otherwise Richto would have left the Golum like 20 caves behind due to his crawling speed.. also speed was an error in the first version, because Golem was 7 feet tall so he has long legs -> big legs walks faster.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  2. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Other than the possible use of those talent points else where (not a real issue for richter, except for his miserly tendencies) i don’t really see a down side to the true growth talent. Yes it will take a while for the golem to grow, but it also means that the golem will not truly become obsolete, as a static leveled golem would. If that golem sticks around as long as richter lives it will become quite powerful. True it will be out stripped in power when richter makes another higher stage golem, but that golem will be incredibly large as well, As each stage brought a larger figure. I’d imagine this would be less of an issue for most of the elements as air/water/dark/light would probably be less solid than earth. Life/death is a huge question as to how they would manifest, spirit/shade or ent/zombie. Though i can see a flesh golem counting as a death golem.

Johan and PokemonThug like this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Most Likely Bone Golem for Death, although other materials may be of use to make them. A Flesh Golem might be a Death Golem but I would think probably more likely it would be a Blood Magic Golem, might depend on the Freshness of the Body Parts and which Magic is used, Death Magic = Corpse Golem, Blood Magic = Flesh Golem?
    Blood Magic - Blood = Blood Golem?

4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’d imagine death golems would be made out of dead things like bone and flesh. Though i can also see non-corporeal creatures made of strait death energy.

blood golems are a thing in some fantasy worlds. Gotta murder a lot of things to make one though.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not necessarily.. Enough blood replenishment spells/ and or potions could get you there on your own.

6. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see Ricther using the cubes of flesh he received from the worms to make another golem. Although I don’t like the idea of a flesh golem I had thought if Caulder still lingers in the Land the Vurm flesh cubes would at least cover his bones.

7. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had been thinking the same thing, he absolutely should have just bought the upgraded golem instead. He can always buy true growth later, but it will take an insane amount of time for his golem to even just catch up to level 28.

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is a five golems cap, so Richter will get rid of this minor golem eventually once he gets the materials for higher ranking golems.

On that note, do you guys think a liferoot might do for a lifegolem core?

9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Perhaps, but with Golems being unaging and nontiring as long as you don't send them out to do something that would destroy them they could potentially Level Up continuously if you get them to do things that give them Experience, even just simple repetitouse tasks.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True. I suppose the golem could act as the village's garbage disposal, getting a few exp points. Edit: I actually meant that. Offal and animal parts that cannot be used could be broken down by it for exp.

Earth golems have some extreme flaws that make them unsuited for operating on their own.

1) They have no maneuvering ability due to their low speed. If they get out into the open field they are either going to slow down the army to a nightmarish crawl or they will have to operate on their own. They'd do much better in a defensive battle though, especially a fortification battle.

2) Earth Golems don't regenerate health. Richter had to heal his golem after the fight with the ravager wurm, which took him the better part of an hour.

3) Earth Golems have shitty ranged attacks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  11. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What makes you say that?

12. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't know if it's limited absorb ability will really work with the leftovers like that. It might, but it didn't after Richter used harvest a couple times. Could be because harvest takes all the goods out and regular carving up wouldnt, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So maybe Ricther should make the Golem the villages official Varmint Hunter. He could watch over the MV and the local farms. Besides they need some form of diligent rover patrolling the grounds. They might even carry him on some of the hunts as well. That is for monsters and not food.

Mister Bill and Dragon like this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The range calculation.
    Range: Golem Rank*10 + Golem Level*3

Golem is rank 3, and its level 19 so

3 * 10 + 19 * 3 = 87 feet, or roughly 30 meters.

A bunch of children with slings can take it out as long as they maintain a 50 meter distance. It will never catch up to them and with its speed they'll have time to take breaks in between.

It does really good damage though

Damage: Attack*Golem Rank + Golem Level

with an attack of 19-20

it has a damage range of

57 - 60 + 19 = 76 -79 attack.

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Are you sure that is foot and not yards?

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In the other calculations he uses feet. He could have decided to suddenly calculate in yards or meters. It wouldn't surprise me if Aleron was suddenly using a different measurement. There is nothing indicating it though.

PokemonThug likes this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The other range calculation for range of the golem ability is in yards...So maybe.

And kids with slings would do no damage if it can't get past the defense Stat.

PokemonThug likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Even if its yards, a good slinger can throw 400 meters without range bonuses from skills and magical weaponry.
    For combat the range is much lower but they will still outrange it plenty. Even if they don't outrange a higher levelled golem it would be taking dozens of shots from every single slinger while waiting for its 4 minute cooldown to run out. Its not like its guaranteed to hit either.

Note that I said slings, that's mostly because i'm unsure how much damage an arrow would do against a golem. Sling bullets would shatter the stone as they do to bone and armor. Its probably the best ranged weapon against golems, skeletons and similar creatures, barring something like the sprites charged arrows.

Andrew Lynas and Mister Bill like this.
  19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not only do they have resistance to piercing damage for arrow, slings do like 10 attack. I don't think they could overcome the defense stat of 35 I think. Well unless they are supper arrows and slugs I guess.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mind you, that's the open field. Once you get into narrower confines where mobility is restricted the golem is a murder machine.

Once Richter create a level 51+ golem (his skill level), it will have far higher hp, stamina, defence, attack, movement and firing range.