Greater and Lesser Conflict in the Land

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This thread is for discussing conflicts between nations, races, groups, and individuals.

2. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther has an amazing way to turn those charged with helping him against himself.

Nexus started out offering Ricther an orgy with the thee girls of his dreams. Then Ricther turned it into a party of pain. Which ultimately helped him out in several other situations. Although He didn’t make a friend of Nexus.
    Now Ricther has managed to turn Xuetrix into an enemy of sorts as well. Even though Ricther has managed to cut a deal with Nexus he still told him he hated him in the end.

With Ricther talking Nexus into helping him at the last second would Xuetrix not realize that Nexus helped him?

What is the chances that these entangling actions puts Xuetrix and Nexus at odds due to Ricthers dealings?

If Ricthers deals cause a fight between the other two would Ricther be able to take advantage of a greatly weakened Nexus or better Xuetrix?

3. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    None xuetrix is a lot of things but he is neither ignorant Nor stupid. Making enemies of an arbiter is something he would actively avoid in my opinion. That would be like a single ant attacking an elephant.

4. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    O I agree. Xuetrix can’t have lived as long as he has being stupid. Even so he is of the demon line. I wonder how old Nexus is in comparison to Xuetrix and his inner demon. He did say he was so old that he had drank gods blood. I doubt AK will write that in but seriously what kind of demon blooded creature wouldn’t be looking for revenge.

5. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Where do you think Ricther will find his next sworn enemy?

I’m going with Yves.

6. darkenedstar

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gotta be stronger than richter

7. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know. One possibility is that an already vengeful count grows even more hate filled. I think he might be one of the dark courts extended minions. He has the wealth and power to have developed his abilities. By book ten or eleven the Count should come back into the series.

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Yves is far beyond the current storyline. Much more likely that grimault or another bugbear commander will take that role. Say grim'ault manages to seriously hurt the village with his invasion. Richter swore a blood oath over the last raid, this is likely to get much worse.

Could happen sooner than that too

Richter is going to the underground city. He might learn that against expectations the ogre lord has overturned the usual brutal ways of his kin and created a paradise free for all races to live in safely, an oasis of peace and prosperity in the otherwise desolate deeps. It could also be a complete hellhole. Regardless, Richter will have no choice but to break into his treasury, much to the amusement of the imp. Depending on the outcome Richter could end up mortal enemies with the ogre lord, whether the ogre lord is a good guy or not.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  9. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's not to say I disagree the Count will act soonish, but it probably won't be with the weight of Yves behind him. Far more likely that he will raise an army of his own, now that the mercenaries have failed.

10. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What about the assasin guild ring? If Sonire is not dead, she would be a prime candidate. If she is dead, the guild leader may take it very badly.

11. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah that’s my thinking. Some Counts are extremely powerful. Many were allowed to wage their own private wars. Conscripting troops and hiring mercenaries could be happening right now. As close as he is with the King I am sure he would allow plenty of leeway considering how he was robbed. :D

I am hopeful that he gets robbed again but taken for twice as much. I don’t think he really needs the weight of Yves at this moment. He should be strong enough on his own right now. Given time and enough abuse the Count will proclaim Ricther his sworn enemy.

The assassin Sonire on the other hand will be the exact opposite. If she has survived in any manor Ricther might easily proclaim her his sworn enemy. I would have before I was reborn! Who wouldn’t after having to live through having your junk slowly cut off!

I not so sure Ricther will not show up at the last minute and use Dark Wave to kill all of the bugbears. I don’t think Aleron will allow half the MV to get wiped out. No matter how the bugbears are dealt with they should all be stripped and thrown into the dungeon to be digested. That would beat having to smell them burn or needing to dig a hole for them. Plus it would make the dungeon very happy.

12. darkenedstar

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Personally i am of the opinion that the assassin is dead and the affair With the guild is over. I always found the notion that an assassins guild would give guarantees to be absurd.

13. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might depend on wether they offer a special package deal for that, I suspect if they did it would be extraordinary expensive and come with expenses clause if to many die trying to do it, but most likely your right. Still they might put him in a hit list where if they get an opportunity to kill him they might take it, just to make it clear killing their people is a bad idea, even in self defence?

14. darkenedstar

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree that he might be on such a list now. I am however sure that no one will be sent again or at least not more than once more, if the client paid enough)

15. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ideally you'd be casting this from ground level some 10 yards or so away and straight into a large group of bugbears. The 10 second cast time is problematic to say the least, that's an eternity on a battlefield. Especially as no one can stand in front of Richter to shield him while he is busy casting without taking the spell to the back.

I imagine the power of the waves lowers rapidly as they move further, hence the 40 yards max range and the wide range in damage. I'm also not sure the bodies of the bugbears struck directly won't shield the others at least to some degree. The closest bugbears will definitely die (barring champions), but those further back would probably survive it, given high defense and armor taking most of the damage that gets through to them.

So its more of an assault breaker than an army killer. At least I don't see how it could kill more than a company, and that's only if they are packed in tight.

16. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could be interesting timing if the Count's army shows up right as the Bugbears are assembling to assault the MV.

17. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther does have stealth and he can cast Dark Magic from in the shadow realm. He would need to sneak up go into the shadow realm and start casting when he steps out BAM!!!!

18. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the Count will come by the river for convenience but Ricther will have him there. Troop barges won’t be well equipped for a half warship half cargo ship. Especially when you load it with archers and some swashbucklers. I don’t think they will attack until after Ricther frees the last of the non-humans.