POLL Greater Wind Demon [Spoilers book 7]

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Feb 10, 2020.

?

Is the Greater Demon still kicking?

1. Alive, wants a piece of Richter

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Alive bears Richter no ill will

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Dead

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Who's Richter?

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Fair enough.

2. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the demon is dead but it is interesting how much was left in the cavern. Both swords (they are soul bound and bound to come back into the story) the hellspawn mauler bones (something was said earlier about the properties of bones from high magic creatures but I don't remember) the body of the linch and possibly the demon. If it is alive, it could be Richard's next mortal enemy. That or the imp. The mortal enemy bonus will come back somewhere. (sorry about the spelling, I can't even spell words in the dictionary all the time.)

3. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I found it. The hilt for black ice, when analyzing it Richard thought that he would need demon bones to make such a thing, and those were not, "just lying around for the taking." But now they are.

R.I.C.H.T.E.R and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Reliquary of the Mauler(Loot ball), Mauler be from the labyrinth, and has evolved 2X so its like Tier 4 creature?! if not Tier 5...
    And Litch also had to have a lot of loot, gold, silver, items.. books.. ppl hoard a lot of shit.. he had to have stashes lol or at least the vamps should know about it.
    Also get the Coffin, for Beyan..

5. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hadn't thought about the Sarcophagus being valuable to the MV. But it looks like it is associated with death magic rather than with Eldritch magic which had been my assumption. You are right Beyan would probably give his left nut for this thing to be recovered.

My guess it that the mauler would not drop a reliquary outside of the Labyrinth or Dungeon, but it's body may yield some rare and valuable crafting materials. Also the body of the Wind Demon if it is dead would be of immense value! Black Ice needs to be retrieved. Singh may have had a heart crystal that can be claimed, and likely has a great deal of loot amassed somewhere.

I have this theory, and maybe it's a little bit nuts and wishful. But maybe...

Know This! The torrent of magic which as spilled through your portal has permanently altered it. Once per day, your portal may be reopened to the location of the former Mausoleum of the Litch Singh. Since the destination of this portal lies upon a death ley line, but your place of power does not, this connection can only be opened by the channeling of death magic. This connection will remain open for 24 hours or until closed using the portal interface. This connection does not count toward your portal's limit of 4.

Know This! The price of death magic may be payed by your dungeon itself once it's death magic potential has been awakened. Continue feeding items infused with this basic magic to your dungeon in order to unlock this capability.

Know This! The portal will connect to the same location it connected to before. Know This! there are two items soulbound to you within 500 yards of the portal destination. Because of the nature of the soulbinding you may choose to shift the portal to the location of one of these two items.

R.I.C.H.T.E.R, Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Intereting theory.. see no reason why it should not be contested.
    We can always steal a creature of the dungoen and kill it outside, and check. Also do the same inside or outside of the dungeon taking 30 bores, and their median lvl and then based on luck say we have two peasants with luck 5, each of the kills 30 bores.. but one peasan drinks potion of luck. Then we calculate the loot, repeat the experiment for 3 times and now know what and how much does luck change the end result.

Mauler: loot ball(if one does not exist, which I believe it will.. I mean if the mauler can run away from the dungoen, why the loot will also not run too? we do get labiryths loot in the simple dungeon though. worst case just bring the Maulers body to the dungeon. then we will be able to farm it lol Hellmauler.. hehe), Blood, bones to the town hall for +5 const for all villidgers?, items, Bones for beyans familiar uuu aaa mmmm.. soo good.

7. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes all the more reason to head back that way. Too bad the golem can't make the leap...unless it can climb down the chasm and back up the other side? He will first need to clear out the ichorpead nest, and find a parallel path to above the rock of where they well on him and broke his armour. Then rare drops galore ...who's remains survived the explosion.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  8. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if a Golem can be placed in a Pouch/Bag of Holding?

R.I.C.H.T.E.R likes this.
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    huh
    that would be nice. Pull out a small golem army out of that bag. It would be interesting if they stack.

10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mini Minion Golems.

11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes and maybe he can eventually get a bunch of mini clockwork golems. ...clockwork gnomes yes yes
    Screenshot_20200424-090247~2.png
    And if enchanted right, maybe each can be devoted to a certain type of Magik.
    Screenshot_20200424-090710~2.png
    Just make sure to keep them in good repair or they will look all ghetto Rigged.
    Screenshot_20200424-090448~2.png

12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Comma Johan, Mauler survived, Richto, scion, alma, the coffin survived.. still possibly the items like rings/amulets might be damaged..
    Also The slime had no problems clinging to the ceiling.. also the slime Golum could punch ladder like holes in the wall..

13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Should be tested. And Richto should examine the log why the fish died after being placed in the bag of holding? did he get the exp?
    Cause it could not (the fish) suffocate within few seconds in the bag.. its a pocket dimension..
    Also Golum does not have to breath..

I did consider bags of holding as temporary storage of dead body.. later to be resurrected, thus going around the 1h resurrection after death limitation.
    Talking about it , Richter could have placed Clauders body in the bag of holding.. then resurrect it later on, or try it.. Im good or what :D
    long-shot, but without testing you will never now for sure.

Johan likes this.
  14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That cavern is probably a special location now if it wasn't before. Having so much Mana unleashed all at once should have a dramatic effect on the area. Whatever remains is probably special

R.I.C.H.T.E.R and Waterhobit like this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    High chance of High Tiered Magical Metals and Minerals at the very least, possibly other Mutations and Evolutions other then just the Mauler?

Waterhobit and Johan like this.
  16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also a possible chance of weaknesses/leakages to/from Mana realms, a bit like Mana Fonts.

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he ever wanted some sweet wings grafted on, or an item made for flight, a rare drop from a greater wind dæmon would do it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Cire122 likes this.
  18. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The problem with storing bodies in the ring of holding is that the soul would still travel further into the realm of the dead, meaning the death veil they bring back would likely win the struggle between them.
    Now if you had some form of benign container for the soul - a soul holder rather than a soul trapper, making the choice of sticking around theirs, that might work in combination with the storage ring maintaining the body.

19. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If I understood the trap correctly, caulder lost his soul/ it was twisted into an abomination. Its been a while though, so I could be wrong on what exactly it did. I doubt it just turned him into an undead free to do whatever it wanted however, that seems far to benign for the vile lich we all know and love.

20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe something special happened to Caulders skeleton during the blast. We miss you Caulders.