POLL Greater Wind Demon [Spoilers book 7]

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Feb 10, 2020.

?

Is the Greater Demon still kicking?

1. Alive, wants a piece of Richter

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Alive bears Richter no ill will

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Dead

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Who's Richter?

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok let me give u an example, Krista, her soul was sucked out, modified, then pushed into the bones for what 200 years? and those bones were transported back to MV in Richters bag of holding.
    Thus transporting the soul in the bag, in the remains(just the bones in this case, probably not even the full bones).

Another example of Soul transportation is the soul coin. The soul stones...
    Handed the bloodStone would not be a great candidate for bag of holding.
    Still I see bags of holing like a container, which has the body/bones as another container for the soul, that either preserves the soul or upon casting a spell works as an ingredient to suck the soul back to this dimension...
    Or you only need the fresh remains to rezz..
    otherwise whats the point? say dude dies... why his soul has to travel anywhere??? I say it stays with the body. It most def stays if the dude was pissed @ time of death.

Remember the Crypt mistress and the Tefonim Queen, the queens soul was stuck in her tomb for what 1000 years? I bet If I had transported the bones to another location and cast commune with the dead it would work.
    soul is not bound to a place, but to the remains, As Sumiko said about the bones of the ones in the cave of Dark aberration. I must put their souls to rest, they are uneasy.. Rememeber what happened when Then after taking those bones from Richters bag of holding Beyan casted commune with the dead?
    Still super easy to test by what?
    Put a dead bugbear/kobod/gobo in the bag of holding, (alive,dead, frozen..)
    Then take them out few days later and cast commune with the dead.. if communio works(which already did with dark aberration cave victims dead 500-2k years age) you can rezz too if not try some more.

Worst case, if you try to rezz Clauder, and it fails then at least you still should the the ingredients for that spell unused and get an informative prompt about needing a better soul stone to contain human soul... in this way you could become immortal quite easily or at least ensure you're closest companions would not easily perish.

2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is worth an experiment, if an extra valuable rebirth root of the Quickening use can justified. Cast commune with the dead, then cast the rebirth spell. Then if the person died again because of the shroud, use the new rebirth spell within the hour time limit.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    All of your examples use soul containers of some sort, which was my point. Its not enough to store the body, you need to keep the soul from entering the realm of death. That would be the first step, but its uncertain whether that is enough. Its likely resurrection with the life root simply isn't possible beyond a certain time frame. That time frame should grow as the person gets stronger and can beat stronger death veils, but it is ultimately limited.

It is unfortunately the only way of resurrecting people that we know off.

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shit I know how Richter can become immortal +-..
    Say next time Richter dies we store his dead body in the bag of holding, that is if something is left of it, patch it up etc.. then store it in the bag of holding,
    Then upon next Death if possible one could capture Richters Soul and fuse it into his old body.. or use it like a vessel, upon death Richter soul return to his body in stasis in MV or wherever.. like Voldemort and the crubrixrix thingy.. store a part of your soul in it become immortal..

Dragon likes this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good argument. With this in mind, and assuming Richter can be resurrected with the liferoot, my guess is Aleron will put a timecounter from the moment of death regardless of what is done to protect the soul and body.

PokemonThug likes this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or make a Cloak from the Wings, Cloak of Flight? (or at least hovering/gliding?)

Johan and PokemonThug like this.
  7. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah especially now, when he is lvl 46 or soon might be lvl 47.. Its a lot of exp to lose and a strong body in general..

8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter can already fly on Alma and Futen.. though with his new mass Futen might need to levelp up a bit..
    Still a great idea to creata a hoovering/flying object, like this

Congratulations!!!

You have found the Staff of CloudJumping.
    This excuisite staff allows the onwer to cast Flight.
    Cast Flight: Cost 100 mana.
    Duration: 45s + 5 * 0.1 * INT.
    Your flight speed is determined by your jumping skill and Agility.
    Bonus From Dark Loot ability: Staff now stores 100 mana as a mana reserve, to be used on owners discretion.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma is a small creature, she cannot carry Richter anywhere.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plus at best Futan could only slow Richter from falling,and not by very much, and that was before Richter gained his extra mass and weight.

Although if Richter was to gain a Levitation or Feather Fall Spell/Item then he could most likely have them tow him about the air.

Would be interesting to see how a Levitation/Feather Fall Spell could be used in conjunction with his Cloud Step Skill?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think I might know what happened to Richter's body.
    Who knew Richter died before anyone else and didn't tell anyone? Randy
    Who has a bag of holding that didn't want anyone to see Richter's body? Randy

R.I.C.H.T.E.R and PokemonThug like this.
  12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully the dæmon is partially buried by rock and just hanging on, with it's it's exposed. Shoot it with an imbued arrow and have Alma brain drain it (Alma isn't really needed). That might hopefully bring forth a level two psi krystal. Plus a special soul stone :D.

13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hrrm. Maybe Greater in Greater Air Containment, is referring to the rank of the creature not the spell. There are Greater Wind Deamons, and Greater Shadow Deamons, so it could work.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had the same feeling, but not to just use him once.
    He is mighty creatur Johan.
    A Mighty Cow.
    That you can milk for feathers, blood, other resources daily.
    Feed him some chickens and harvest 50 liters of blood and 100 feathers then after say 1 mo sac him.
    Better Tame him.

Johan likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Doubt that Tame would work on it. Plus the Circle probably had a shelf life before it breaks down, especially with something in it trying to break out, let alone a Greater Demon.

16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe, maybe it was just a used up bottle that the previous master had to use during his last moments of existence..
    Also the shelf life might be say 50'000 years?

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Containment Bottle (or other Similar Items) are most likely very different and much harder to make them Containment Circles, I suspect that the Air Demon was first Summoned, most likely directly into a Containment Circle inside of a Summoning Circle, although maybe it was a Hybrid of both(?), then was ordered to enter the Containment Bottle that was already in it (or later tossed into it?).

Although it might have been Summoned then ordered into a Circle when it's Summon Time was nearly up, but that assumes that the Containment Circle could prevent it from being pulled back into its own reality? Or maybe it was already in The Land by its own volition and so could stay there permanently if it wanted to and was later tricked or forced into Circle at a later date then ordered into the Bottle? We will probably never find out which.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The dude was in that bottle for a couple hundred years. If that matches with the Liche, then he was probably the one that put it in there and stuck it in the vault. The problem with this idea, is that the deamon did not recognize the last person he would have seen before going into the bottle. It could not have been Futen windspeak, because he was first activated on the scale of thousands of years and hundreds of years. But Futen could have helped the process and the Master that did.

PokemonThug likes this.
  19. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The DarkAbberation could answer your question it knew!
    Unfortunately Richto has shredded it before questioning it.. as a legless harmless meatball it should not have posed a threat, also I bet I could Be charmed..

Yes by Richto on his 55th try or by Sumiko or Hisako on Xth try... The knowledge was too valuable to lose..
    perhaps use commune with the dead??

R.I.C.H.T.E.R and Johan like this.
  20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A much better idea. It would make a great historian! And just think of the psi krystal and xp gain via brain drain. Give it a job as a teacher for various skill. "But mom I don't want to learn from Mr./Mrs. Meatball, it keeps trying to put that one little tentacle it has left up my butt or in my mouth." "Well don't let it boy, remember what Lord Richtær always says: Don't get dick punched while you're talking shit"

Last edited: May 7, 2020