Greetings and salutations

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Glow Wyrm, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Glow Wyrm

Glow Wyrm Level 5 (Veteran) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oops, guess I should have come here first. Avid LitRPG reader ever since I stumbled upon the genre back in July 2017. I've always easily lost myself in a good science fiction or fantasy story, but LitRPG and gamelit immediately gained prime places of preference for new books to look for.

So far(in chronological order thanks to my KU read and returned list), I've enjoyed books by:
    J.A. Cipriano, Andrew Rowe , Michael Chatfield, R.A. Mejia, Jamie Davis, Gabriel(G.L.) Rathweg, Moon May, Kip Terrington, John Van Stry(Jan Stryvant), Stuart Grosse, Daniel Schinhofen, Dem Mikhaylov, Shemer Kuznits, Aleron Kong, A. M. Sohma, Arthur Stone, Liam Arato, Isaac Winter, Craig Anderson, D. Rus, Robert Bevan, Tao Wong, Alexey Osadchuk, Dakota Krout, Aaron Jay, David Pendleton, Andrey Vasilyev, Terrance Thorndyke, Rick Scott, Charles Dean, James Hunter, Michael-Scott Earle, Vasily Mahanenko, Michael Atamanov, William D. Arand, Jeffrey "Falcon" Logue, Edward Brody, Eden Redd, Dan Sugralinov, Jared Mandani, Skyler Grant, Carrie Summers, Apollos Thorne, Christopher Booth, Andrei Livadny, G. Akella, Aaron Crash, Xander Boyce, Eric Ugland, Pavel Kornev, Daniel Pierce, Luke Chmilenko, Travis Bagwell, Robert Harper, and Paul Bellow(18% through the Tower of Gates Omnibus at the moment).

Ummmm... I like to read. I suppose stories in general, text or otherwise. My anime planet profile tells me I've watched 439 anime, and am still watching 106 continuing series. Then again, it has been a while since I updated that, so some of those still watching might be complete or dropped by now.

I guess that is enough of a greeting ramble for now. *smiles and waves*

Viergacht likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! Glad you found us. Enjoy your stay.

[​IMG]

3. Solinoctis

Solinoctis Level 2 (Initiate) Citizen

60%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    First off Amazon is being a real pain, they took Michael-Scott Earle books off there website, and I can't find anything he's written anywhere especially he's newest series he was working on tamer king of the dinosaurs. If anyone knows where his books Can be found plz let me know

4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not sure. If you ask him and find out, let us know!

Storyteller Michael-Scott Earle's cool club for cool people

5. HunterLegacyUniverse

HunterLegacyUniverse Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the great mysteries is why MSE's books are NOT available everywhere else.

With the exception of a handful of books he has trademark applications in for, most of his books are simply not available anymore.

And this makes no sense. While Apple-iBooks, Kobo-Walmart, B&N-Nook, Google Play and lots of other platforms don't actually compete with Amazon who has 80% of the ebook market, they do provide a lot of authors with a good income. And the most logical thing for any author banned off Amazon would be to have all your books up and live on every other platform the day after losing access to Amazon, and be promoing the hell out of them. Some take a week or so to load a book, but within a fortnight of an Amazon ban, all the books should be live everywhere else.

His stated intention is to get back into Kindle Unlimited if he can get his account back from Amazon, but this doesn't mean his books cant be live on the rest of the platforms while he attempts to get his account back. If he does make it, there would be a 2 week period of getting the books off them all before he could put them back in KU, but this shouldn't be an issue as authors do it all the time when they decide to stop being wide, and go into KU or back into KU.

And while it's obvious his main fans were on KU exclusively, he should be making good money from sales everywhere other than Amazon, and he's not. As far as I'm aware, he's never said why not.

No-one seems to know why MSE's books are not available somewhere.

If you ever find out, post it so everyone knows.

TravisBach likes this.