Growing the Dungeon

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Aug 31, 2021.

1. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is a very cool idea. I hope that AK steals it. I'd love to see (read) what a celestial dungeon is like.

Or to tweak my idea, maybe Richter can just visit the gods instead of bringing any back. Maybe the god nodes can relay some Faith Points to the god's hiding spot and he'll get a divine boon for being the facilitator.

Mister Bill and Joe Schmoe like this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or maybe it’ll be something totally different and be able to connect to any previously touched nodes (but with restrictions, like only 1 person able to travel or something).

3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could definitely see that happening

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Surprise development, Richter already took out the local anchor when he took out the lich and his alter.

5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heil @Exiles lets revive this thread once more! while proceeding with yearly reread of book 7

New ideas:

1. Richter has encountered a very interesting option early on while scarifying a basic soul stone with a basic soul.

"Soul rejected! As the Dungeon lacks the appropriate Room, souls cannot be absorbed through the Well of Offering."

So sure we could use one of the free rooms to be able to convert souls to DP right, but what if we also build the room our self's?
    Dungeon generates like 153 DPs/Day(this is a Huge amount) so if we dig out a room, could be done with mist workers quickly, and place some materials there wood, marble bronze whatever...
    the price should not be too high, its just a room with a well of soul sacrifices lol, so in a few days a decreased room price should be easily payable.

so now what? we have a soul sacrifice room right

Well we do have quite a few basic level souls, which might be worth something.
    We have some common level souls
    Few Luminous and a Resplendent soul of a stone Giant hehe. possibly more, but lets say we sac almost all luminous most of basics and common souls like 90% what do we get?

If a luminous soul grew a half dead tiny crystal garden crystal to overflow a pretty big underground cave to 150%...

I'd vaguer that a single luminous soul should give us a level easily from 0->1 originally that is or more, yet the Resplendent soul should be able to grow Dungeon by multiple levels.
    So this should raise lvl approx 1 multiple basic & common souls, at least one luminous and Resplendent soul. from 2-3 levels to 4..5..6..... who knows.

Second idea, not sure why Richter was not sacking live chickens, pigs, beasts to the well of offering?

souls might even be the best way to feed the dungeon, due to the fact that they can be easily gathered by hunters and military hunting squads.

2. Acquiring a high tier creature through summoning/ reallocation magic!
    Summon it in the Dungoen, Summon it with the top ppl squad like Randy and Sumiko and Hisako... with a few traps in place and kindr buffs use dungeon transport to get back quickly form the hamlet.

Talk to everybody about this: Zhaar, Randy, Beyan, Hisako, Sumiko etc... if they know how to etc... :
    1. summoning ritual (low level Death/ Daemonic/Celestial whatever we can reach)
    2. use summoned allies to hunt in their own realm(if possible), maybe they could find something in 1 min worth hunting/ gathering even celestial grass/fish/flowers... would be worth DP's...
    It does not mean sacking our summoned allies, but hey if they come form another realm like that Hisakos defender Angel... maybe he can also hunt for hostile creatures in the another realm too, eggs would do well too.
    The idea is to use all knowledge available to summon any worthwhile being/ or beings (which we can defeat afterwards) to the dungeon.

What other rooms could help the dungeon Grow?

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Earlier estimates above have been abandoned as of this moment with current soul stones we can easily reach lvl 10 in the Dungeon with Just the 90% of souls sacked.

What if we only sac 10%? and a splendid soul? that possibly could get us just over the top of next Dungeon level to get even bigger bonuses right? Esp if we keep the stones in the soul sacrifice room
    upload_2023-1-3_16-15-31.png

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  7. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the dungeon is already level 14 right? He definitely needs a soul room.

Im curious what will be done about the rooms for weapons/potions etc. We know now that people can work in the dungeon (ie. Guards at the barbican) but is seems like a waste to have people work in a non-core forge/ apothicary when he has the core buildings. At least right now, i know the village will outgrow the ability for all smiths to work in one forge, but then again maybe not?
    I like the idea of combining both core buildings into the dungeon. Definitely risky but seems worth it to me.

Also, i believe he still has 1 free room left. I think he also got access to the labrynth store when the dungeon reached lvl 10. We dont know much about that yet but im guessing he will be able to buy rooms among other things there. I think he will probably want to look up the most expensive and awesome rooms then use the free room on one of those.

My vote is a large fae shamhala (safe room) that meets the requirements to open a portal to the fae realm with his fairy water.

PokemonThug and Mister Bill like this.
  8. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not sure if this was mentioned yet but a sakaru pixie bonding the dungeon would definitely give it a power boost and probably help it unlock abyssal magic.

9. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking about Richters ultimate dungeon squad this morning. Just for fun, i wonder what his max crew number could be. Typically, party size is limited to 5.

Richter and companions count as one. (Confirmed)

Meidon sprites and their pixies count as one. (Probably confirmed)

Beyans death knight counted as one with him. (Probably confirmed)

Tamed beasts count as one with owner (unconfirmed but hinted at by randy talking about dungeoners bringing their pets)
    If true this might also work with domesticated pets?

Golems count as one with owner (unconfirmed, but seems similar to the pet thing)

Bodaks? (Unconfirmed but similar to death knight and beyan)

Chaos vassels (unconfirmed but hinted to be similar bond strength to companions)

Richter + alma + 4 companions + scions pixie + eloras future meidon sprite = 8 that count as 1
    Richter can have 3 tamed beasts and 3 golems and 2 chaos vassals which are 8 more also lumped in there.
    If richter can also bring one domesticated pet and one death servant (bodak) thats 2 more lumped in
    If richters companions can all also brimg one domesticated pet (skath, etc.) and one death servant (bodak) that adds 4x2=8 still lumped in.

So we're at 26 bodies counting as 1 to the dungeon.

Richter could then bring 4 more meidon sprites and their pixies with one more domesticated pet and bodak each, totalling 16 more bodies.

That's a total party size of 42. Although thats assigning everyone a bodak and we dont know if they can be assigned to people or if they would all count as richters. Way too many unknowns here to say this has any accuracy. Im also counting future skath clutches and a future meidon for elora, who will probably never go to the dungeon anyway.

But, with the whole party either able to fly or mounted on a domesticated scath or other creature. The bodaks take the lead and meidon sprite arrows rain down on the enemies. Pixies watch their backs and provide support. The second layer of the formation behind bodacks are the tamed beasts and golems.

On top of that, richter and all casters can summon weak creatures to take pressure off of the bodaks. All warriors and creatures can be set up with armor from the forge enchanted by richter.

They could clean up the first few floors of any dungeon in short order.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not a lot of use in a level 1 bodak though, they are gonna need some powerlevelling.

Not to mention, splitting the exp 42 ways.

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Chaos vassals are unlikely to have a companion effect on parties. They will have other effects, though the companion party effect might be purchasable. Probably very expensive.

familiars, summons, and pets (undead are pets) don’t effect the party numbers because they are part of a members power. The death knight was referred to as Bayan’s pet at least once. Golems are probably pets as well, tamed beast are probably pets as well but like golems we will have to wait to find out.

I figure it is more like, the master and pet have an xp sharing mechanic, and a party has a different xp sharing mechanic. The master/pet mechanic likely feeds into the party mechanic. At least that is how I would have done it. It is apparent that companions are considered one being for certain mechanics. This is most illustrated by the potential of companions to share abilities.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    was thinking about the soul sac when dungeon was either lvl 1 or lvl 4 after the labyrinths attack.

Golems will get the exp still, unless Richter will make golems without the leveling trait ...
    Bodaks hopefully should not, also I Believe in a war party Richter can power level a single person by channeling like 50% or 90% of all exp to him f.e. Beyan, the weakest atm

Still with Almas exp drain... that should be an insane growth for Richto and at least one other guy, others will get a bit of exp and tons of loot and training exp. which is great to be totally honest.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023