Halt and Catch Fire

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Show seems to finally be back on track this season! I wonder if they have new writers?

http://kotaku.com/nobody-has-time-for-walking-simulators-in-halt-and-catc-1798464475

2. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is one of my favorite shows. I'm sad that it's ending. I also think it's funny that every single season they are on the cusp of some revolutionary, industry trading technology (a Windows type OS, eBay, the open and public internet, and now search engines), but something always happens that causes them to lose their edge. These guys are the most innovative losers history has ever known. It's still a good show though. I love seeing all of the old machines that I used to lust after when I was a kid.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I've been watching since the beginning. My big problem with season three was that big time-shift. Just seemed "off" somehow? Jarring? Still watched, though. Heh.

4. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I agree. I think there was probably some stuff going on with the studio that made them rush storylines, but I'm just guessing. It's too bad though. I wish that they'd been given more leeway to write the stories they wanted to write, but I think they were threatened with cancellation by season 2 and barely escaped each year until this last one. At least the network is letting them wrap things up.

Lee Pace does a good job channeling Steve Jobs. Last night's negotiations with the teenage girl really seemed like something Steve Jobs would have done.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: