Hardcore Henry

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Viergacht, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did anyone else get a chance to see this? It was shot entirely with Go Pro cameras and faithfully replicated the experience of playing a first person shooter. I wasn't expecting more than a gimmick film, but it turned out to be badass and lots of fun. There was some weird stuff going on, too, that'd make for a great sequel.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It wasn't as horrible as I thought. Can't remember much of the actual movie months later, though. Heh. That's typical for action movies, I think.

3. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yah, no one really goes to see action movies for the plot or depth of character.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A lot of people got motion sick watching this.

5. James T. Witherspoon

James T. Witherspoon Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I liked it, but kind of hoped it would be better. I'm a huge fan of stuntwork in movies, so a first person action movie with a bunch of cool stunts seemed right up my alley, but the overuse of CGI, especially towards the end turned me off a bit.

Still a fun watch.

Viergacht and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  6. Viergacht

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was impressed with the behind the scenes stuff at how much was practical - those Russian stunt guys are about as hardcore as they come.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  7. James T. Witherspoon

James T. Witherspoon Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like to watch that!

I might have been a bit jaded when I watched the movie, as I had just watched The Raid 2 the day before, and that is one of the most amazing action movies I've ever seen.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  8. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure it's on YouTube. They go into a lot of technical detail too, about how the rig they use is made. Interesting stuff.

James T. Witherspoon likes this.