Hello and where have you been all my life?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Korkk, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Korkk

Korkk Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

70%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So how to introduce myself.... hmmm I'm a nerd from my toes to the top of my balding head. (Hmmm that's dumb maybe I should leave that out)

Oh I know how about a stat sheet!

(Gamer) lvl 20 because I have been gaming seriously since I was 8 when my parents got my brothers and I a Nintendo 64 (im pretty sure they still regret it to this day) I think it's fair to say I have leveled up once a year since then.

(Booknerd) lvl 21 I think I was 9 when my mom first read the Hobbit to my older brother and I. I have been hooked ever since. I have read everything from Narnia to Dune to Ready Player One. Though I only recently found litrps.

Funny story I actually found about about the genre while idly browsing kindle for something new when the book Morningwood by Neven Illiev caught my eye (if you look it up I'm sure you will see why based on the cover art) any way I have been hooked on litrpgs ever since. Reading chaos seeds, awake online, ascend online and the divine dungeon series to list a few.

(Litrpg nerd) lvl 40 I'm just going to give myself lvl 40 here to give an idea how how much I enjoy the genre and how its totally changed how I look at books and games in general.

(Aspiring Author) lvl 1 If you have made it this far its obvious I have a long way to go on my writing skills before I can call myself a writer. I have never written before. Well other than a few fanfics better left forgotten that is. And it's really only since I found litrpgs that I even considered becoming a writer. Anyway suffice to say I am a total noob when it comes to writing though hopefully I will learn a few things for the community here.

Ok so not much of a stat sheet but I'm writing this from my phone while I wait to pick someone up.

On a side note I would be happy to try beta reading though my only qualifications would be that I love to read. I really have no idea what the qualifications for something like that are.

Anyway I'm really glad I found this site and looking forward to getting to know the community

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Paul Bellow and Declan Heyse like this.
  2. Declan Heyse

Declan Heyse Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Browsing my Kindle and stumbling across Morningwood was my discovery of the genre, too. Despite having been gaming since the 1970s.

Which means my head is balding as well... damn it... :)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome. Glad you found us. How did you stumble upon our magical kingdom?

[​IMG]

4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's the best qualification in my book. Heh.

You can purchase an item in the shops (weapon store, i think) to get the Beta Reader badge. Authors occasionally use them to alert people they're looking for beta readers.

DragonByte Shop | LitRPG Forum

5. Korkk

Korkk Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

70%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was actually just looking up advice for aspiring litrpg writers and stumbled on a post here I've been to a few other litrpg/writing forums but this one seems to be one of the best

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, we ARE the best :p

Welcome!

Paul Bellow likes this.