Hello from Boston!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Greg Vinzent, May 18, 2020.

1. Greg Vinzent

Greg Vinzent Level 6 (Footpad) Fantasy Author Citizen

73%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi all,

I recently discovered this genre at the end of last year and have been gleefully exploring its many iterations since, though I feel like I’ve only scratched the tip of the iceberg so far! Googling around to read more about the history of LitRPG was how I found this delightful place. Excited to be aboard!

Little about me: I’m a dad who never had the chance to get into DnD as a kid (customizable card games were all the rage among my friends in the early nineties, at the expense of RPGs), so now I’m trying to use my own kids to scratch my tabletop gaming itch. Along the way I’ve become really interested in learning vintage RPG systems.

I’m also a writer and have published a handful of SF&F short stories under a different pseudonym. Currently my imagination’s afire with the storytelling possibilities of LitRPG, and I’m in the planning stages for my first writing foray into the genre. Hopefully I’ll have a novel to share with you sometime in the not-too-distant future!

Looking forward to leaning and making connections in this vibrant community! Thanks for having me.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  3. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey Greg,
    Glad you found us and joined the forum. :)

Terry

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Justin Monroe

Justin Monroe Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey Greg! I'm new here, but also a writer, dad, and TTRPG/D&D gamer! My son's still under 2...so haven't been able to get him into any games...yet.

Greg Vinzent and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I remember when these threads went on for pages...

[​IMG]