Hello, I am looking to assimilate you all.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Se7enworlds, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Se7enworlds

Se7enworlds Level 4 (Warrior) Citizen

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok that's maybe a bit extreme, I'm more looking for advice on writing LitRPG, interested in the community and trying to drum up a few for more participants in a LitRPG writing game based on Choose Your Own Adventure books that I've been playing with a few people on Reddit called WriteYourOwnLitRPG.

The current story is "Ben the Dungeon" is a dungeoncore spin about a hungover 21 year old who finds the tattoo he decided was a great idea when he was drunk is actually an entrance to real Dungeon that tiny Lilliputian Adventurers are trying to conquer, while the last story was spun off into Milton by Justin Lincoln (Not sure what is name is on this board, but writer of Legends of the Great Savanna and general all round lovely guy) after he ran off on a beautiful rampage with it.

Please give them both a read (especially Milton as it's hilarious and Lincoln deserves all of the love that people can muster and if you'd like to join us the newest Chapter of the game on Reddit can always be found at the top of our Contents page here, but even if not comments and criticism is alway welcome.

Beyond that I'm going to try and get my own stuff up and running at some point and the first thing I'm looking to write might involve a decent amount of world building and then setting fire to it all, so if anyone is willing to help a newbie bounce ideas to create involve worlds that people might care about or how to boil their oceons and generally set fire to them please let me know.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

36%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds fun. What sort of ideas do you have?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Windfall

Windfall Level 16 (Paladin) LitRPG Author Citizen

75%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yep right now it's only me and @Se7enworlds doing the write your own story thing and it's a little lonely :p

4. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Level 9 (Burgler) Roleplaying LitRPG Author Citizen

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm writing my own story.o_O

5. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member Shop Owner LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome aboard.

Se7enworlds likes this.
  6. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member Shop Owner LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Muffassa ! ;)

Se7enworlds likes this.
  7. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

1%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I barely have time to do my novels and NaNo calls! I welcome you though with open arms, and it is fun reading those stories even if I don't comment.

8. Se7enworlds

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey guys, thanks!

@Thomas

The game or my own thing? The game is a form of improv for LitRPG so that people can try out ideas. This Chapter is probably the best example of where I'm aiming for it to get to. Fair warning though it's a bit spoilery, to you may want to read what we have on Royal Road for the Real Timeline first.

My own thing is basically an idea for a short story that's spun a bit out of control so I've decided to fill it out into a bigger thing and so I'm doing research for it as I think the worldbuilding is what's going to make or break it. It's kind of a spin on the Dragonball Z/One Punch Man ever ridiculously escalating threat kind of story, but with a protagonist whose motivations and actions are... questionable. Also things get set on fire.

Windfall is talking about the WriteYourOwnLitRPG game, I'm pretty sure.

@Windfall :'( I'm sorry I'm such poor company Autumn :'( lol

@Paul Bellow, hello and thank you for that. That was going to drive me a little bit nuts.

Windfall likes this.
  9. Se7enworlds

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lurking is good also, but it's good to know but it's good to know that people are reading. Though I guess that's one of the big positive of moving the True Timeline to RR as it gives the stats for it.

Good luck with NaNo

10. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

1%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Already added 1,022 words to Login Re:Coded. My students are proving to be a challenge through. We're racing to our goals (50k for me written and edited, them at 10,000 the same) and they are getting rewards for their efforts. Teacher I may be, but I've never seen them work so hard. I'm a bit worried when one hits 700 in the matter of thirty minutes.

11. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We are lysdexic of Grob. Fusistance is retile. Your ass will be laminated.

12. Windfall

Windfall Level 16 (Paladin) LitRPG Author Citizen

75%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The more the merrier!

And actually I feel like I'm just derailing someone else's story, so if there are more of us, the responsibility and guilt will be spread out more. :p

13. Thomas Davidsmeier

Thomas Davidsmeier Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

36%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I love world building and spit balling just for fun. Fire is also nice.

14. Se7enworlds

90%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, diffusion of blame is how it's done! (But seriously there's nothing to worry about, everything is working as planned :) )

I'm totally on the same level. Basically the starting area is going to be a massively forested area, somewhere between the Blackforest in Germany and the areas in California that I always hear about being on fire. This idea being that a large part of how quickly out of control the protagonist gets at the start is largely due to systematic protections breaking down. This is more of a background than something the character is completely aware of, but corruption issues f**cking the equivalence of their fire service and other things like a recent purge of oracular organisations and just the way magic works in-universe means that everything was positioned to spiral into chaos regardless its just that the MC's action make it harder to come back under control. It's ok though, the MC believes he can fix everything! But then he needs to.