Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by C.E. Keene, Jul 29, 2018.

1. C.E. Keene

C.E. Keene Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

88%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey everyone,

New to posting, though I've been lurking for a bit. I'm a lifelong gamer and writer who has been fortunate enough to combine those passions in many ways. I worked in the game industry for several years, both contract/remote and on-site staff positions, and while I ultimately decided the lifestyle wasn't for me (I seriously never played fewer games in my life during that time...), I learned a ton and met some amazing people I'm still friends with today.

In 2014 I started self-publishing under a pen name in a different genre, and things took off for me in 2015/2016, to the point where I was able to make it my full-time job. While I didn't discover LitRPG until early this year, I instantly fell in love with it and began planning my own. That book is now 3/4 of the way done, and I'm planning to publish it in late August. (Coinciding with the release of MHGU on the Switch, actually, as I've drawn a lot of inspiration from my love of the series.)

I'm nervous and excited about this new step, and I hope the community likes what I have to offer. I didn't come here to advertise, though. I came here to talk games and books, get recommendations, and meet some awesome people. I look forward to doing all of those things!

Oh, and if you want straight up proof that I am just hopefully addicted to the combination of writing and games, I uh... also spend my downtime (when not gaming or reading) roleplaying on play-by-post boards. *cough*

2. Simon Fiasco

Simon Fiasco Bringer of the Avocadopocalypse LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome to the madness!

Jay and C.E. Keene like this.
  3. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

Hello! Glad to have you aboard!

Simon Fiasco and C.E. Keene like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! Got you added to the @LitRPG Author group. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your stay!

C.E. Keene likes this.
  5. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  6. SideKarakterGendut

SideKarakterGendut Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

86%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Indonesia