Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SideKarakterGendut, May 14, 2018.

1. SideKarakterGendut

SideKarakterGendut Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

86%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Indonesia
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, I'm an aspiring non-native English author coming here for a research.

I'm interested in creating my own version of web novels, which focus on exploring the "web" part than the novel part. Googled around and found out this forum is an excellent place to start.

Because I'm shy and my English isn't that good I'll just lurk around for the time being and see what I can dig through old threads for my research. I have my own vision of litRPG can extremely evolving in web novels but for now, I'll keep it as secrets since ideas can be bulls sometimes. However, later if I'm ready with a prototype of those, I'll definitely post here and I'd love hearing feedback from litRPGs enthusiasts in this forum.

Thanks!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds interesting. I've seen this done in snippets before. Neuromancer, RPO, and small references in the Elements of Wrath Online series. I'd be curious to see how you'd go about this.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. SideKarakterGendut

SideKarakterGendut Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

86%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Indonesia
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yo thanks! :)
    Can you give me some links for those? Are they free to check? Maybe I can get some inspirations.

I'll start small for now. But later if I have the experience and resources maybe I can make something like this.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sadly, they aren't. Neuromancer is a book from the 80's I believe, Ready, Player One just touches on the internet aspect that isn't the game, and Elements of Wrath discusses it as deep diving without much other information that could be used without enjoying the books as a whole.