Hellspawned Mauler a.k.a. Labirynth Boss

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Aug 4, 2021.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No they can be built as level 0 "shacks" and some just straight up can't be built as shacks either.
    HM def has one almost a guarantee, and even if it is more grown than built it still works in Richters village.

If in the background it has been thoroughly discussed that no she can't or won't or whatever (boo background convo as cheap retcon) then he should have sent someone to the architects /construction guilds. He's basically missing a building of similar power /ability as a town hall for the magic side of his settlement.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There might be someone amongst the new people heading too the MV from Law that might know how to Construct one, thinkers crossed.

3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He still has a core.

I understand most people here didn’t like my suggestion about using it on the remnants of his keep. Ricthers PoP was possibly a Wizards Keep. Think of all the rooms we were told it had that remain in the remnants. Thinking of that, what other rooms would a Wizards keep contain? Personally I would think they would have a room for casting, a laboratory, and a library. They would likely do research in a lab and a library. If a wizard in the land could afford it he would probably have a mana storage device as well.

Now I don’t think a single core would rebuild absolutely everything but a core used on the structure could very well rebuild the structure especially if all the ruble was still piled up in a hill like mound. Considering that it wouldn’t take as much magical energy to reassemble a structure as it would magically creating something from nothing. If Ricther did rebuild his keep with a magic core could he use a mana storage device as his third item?

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I would like to see what the Hearth Mothers builder can do on his own. In book seven the HM’s builder arrived and had helped work on some of the projects Ricther already had going. His skill level really help speed things up but it hasn’t been said what he knows how to build. I do agree that there could have been some advantages by building all the level one buildings possible. Even so I think Ricther made a pretty good choice.

5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It should have popped up in his log when he built the workshop as a building in disrepair, similar to the bat roost and goblin hold /townhall.

Unless there is a lower limit to the level 1 workshop's ability to "see a building" when they're in bad shape (maybe less that 10% of building is standing /durability left?) then it's not a keep or tower, and just a system of caves.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wouldn’t say it’s just a system of caves by any means. The dang thing had too many actual rooms to be called that. I do believe that all the defensive and offensive abilities had been destroyed. It still has several storage rooms, a barracks, an armory, a treasury, the great hall, sleeping quarters, the chapel beneath it and the catacombs. Which the catacombs in my mind would be the Mist rulers family graveyards. After which it speaks of the tunnels coming up into it. I’m sure I probably left something out but I’m not going back to look.

Eventually if Aleron intends to continue this series he will get to it being rebuilt somehow. After all he is rebuilding the village now.

Dang it man! Now I’m wanting to go back and see if it had a small library as well!

Lol “see a building”

From the outside you can’t see anything besides what Aleron describes as a hill with a “cave” entrance on top of it. So you really can’t see anything from the outside. It’s only the inner structure that one can see.

Perhaps for that to work you must be able to see the outside structure to figure out how it was built. If a Jin never got out of the bottle he wouldn’t ever know what he was in but he would know the interior.

7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Perhaps the residents/ Richter needs to recognize that it is a building instead of a ruin?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    graveyard=> commune with the dead. Learn secrets and where loot is burried

9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would have to be a Much Higher Ranked (and possibly Tiered) Version of that Spell before that could be a useful tactic, the Commune with the Dead Spell that is presently available has a fairly small time window before it becomes useless.
    Plus I don't think Richter has learnt it yet, what Level does he need to be in Death Magic before he can Learn it, I can't remember and it's not in the Death Magic part of the Spells World Mechanics Thread?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  10. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think 10

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So probably about 3 Levels to go, then he has to get to one of the Spell Books for it he wrote and use it.
    I think that there should be some type of risk &/or impediment factor with using the Spell Commune with the Dead if you use it on someone that you Killed yourself, say either far more likely for the Summoned Spirit/Ghost to either just not Talk to you or give you Misleading or Incorrect information (at minimum) or even for it to try and attack you unless you successfully control it (more likely in my thoughts) and even if you do there's still the chance it might mislead. I would think that this would be something that Aleron would add to it.

Captain BlackJack likes this.