How will the Imp screw with Richter?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Feb 14, 2021.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well from what weve read the imp worked past tense for Richter's benefactor. That may have concluded their dealings after book 1. Seemed more like a contractor for hire to me.

Johan likes this.
  2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if by going after the wand Richter completes the favor inadvertently, killing someone who won't let the wand go and was the original target of the favor? Could that cancel the quest leaving Richter stranded?

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like Andy, I have wondered if the wording of the quest will play a role in what happens. I would kind of like to see the whole quest blow up slightly to Ricthers benefit. If Xuetrix was burdened with Ricthers negative experience and Ricther earns some vital allies in the Orcs. Perhaps Ricther keeps the wand or even a broken wand. Anything with Xuetrix loosing his favor would be good.

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This will go a lot faster if you just listen. A being a lot stronger, and I’m guessing smarter, than you has paid me A LOT more than you’re worth to talk to you. Believe me, millions of those other noob Seeds will not be getting this treatment, so just listen. As I was saying, you were brought here by some higher being. No, I don’t know who. I’m here to give you some basic info about this world so you don’t become troll dung in the first few minutes.

Comma CprnBrah.. comma stay frosty!
    Imp justy got paid to deliver few messages, :
    • not a game
    • dont snitch(name, abilities etc)
    • work hard or ull die +-
    Imp was a f*cking messenger, paid delivery guy. He does not represent anyone, he is a paid gun/hooker.. who will steal all your shit in a hotel room and send her pimp to beat u up. An yesss ur not getting any.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richto can make a deal to steal for a moment... then complete the quest.. then return. If this does not work shit brah use charm. If not work f**k em up, then cast weakness spiritual magics.. then charm.. dual cast charm..
    brain for potatos sake Brain!

6. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ways the imp could be screwing with Richer. What if the Ogre and Wand are the Harbringer and Object of Power of a dungeon in an Orc city, going in and destroying thier dungeon to get the wand would cause a lot of problems

PokemonThug, Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  7. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like it.

I could see a stronghold built at the access to the Dungeon. It parallels the stronghold/palace built over their own Dungeon.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shit well done @Gurston! pretty sure he could recreate the Dungeon?
    Or make a Deal to use his Dungeon through a portal? hehe

now how do you solve this?

9. Anthav

Anthav Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see the ogre being a dungeon master but not the harbinger. I actually thought about that along a similar path when I read book 8 the first time that the wand would be in a dungeon treasury and near impossible to be reached, then I thought about how he might be able to get in there via charm or vitality puppet and that his instant transport would be something along the lines of being able to connect to the god node in his dungeon from any node on the node road(still holding out hope that he gets to screw the imp over when he does steal the wand though).

The reason I can't see the ogre being the harbinger is the way AK has setup mana in his world. Creatures "eat" mana and gain levels just by being around it but sapient beings or in his words beings with refined souls don't level up that way. So anything that soul trap doesn't work on doesn't get to just level up by existing around ambient mana and all creatures in a dungeon are created by mana so personally I don't see how the two ideas play nicely with each other since a refined soul would be at most lvl 1(or 0 based on god's eye) on creation and have to level up against invaders of the dungeon and a dungeon of refined souls should get eaten by anything with decent power wandering in from the labyrinth, but then again I've never liked that idea he put in the books cause the way he's explained it the area around the city of law at least would be home to some crazy overpowered creatures ( average level of 1297 at a minimum ) unless you know their patrols wiped out anything that wasn't refined within their domain but Richter was able to buy livestock so....

I wonder what tier a lvl 1297 chicken is :)

PokemonThug likes this.
  10. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A level 1297 chicken does not sound like a thing XD

I mean wouldn't the thing have ranked up at least a few times at that point?

11. Anthav

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    per the book We've read that
    -1 power unlocked = average level 10 creature
    -2nd power unlocked = average level 15 creature so a 1.5 increase
    -each power unlocked raises the power exponentially
    -Randy said the 4th rank of air was unlocked

So at a minimum Law is a 3/3/3/4 PoP and has unlocked 12 times after the 1st power, could be more I'm using the minimum
    1.5 to the 12th power is 129.7 and 129.7 * 10 is where the 1297 average level comes from
    So yeah that's my biggest gripe about the series. I hope he walks it back though and once all powers of the village are unlocked the ambient mana can be collected by the PoP for a higher mana pool instead cause yeah....rats, chickens, cows, mosquitos, birds, etc.... would all "eat" the mana and level up like crazy and man if a farmer could take down that overpowered chicken he'd level up like a madman lol.

Chicken --> Angry Chicken ( Tier 2 ) --> Egghead ( Tier 3 ) --> Egg Mother ( Tier 4 ) --> Cock-a-doodle-do-not-eat-me (Tier 5 ) --> The Mother Clucker ( Tier 6 ) --> I've run out of goofy names to tier up the chicken further

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its indisputable the monsters are growing stronger

That said, as far as I can tell monsters/beasts/animals weren't at an average level 15 level after the second level was unlocked. Not even close.

Powerful monsters and beasts were attracted from the neighboring area by the increase in available mana and some of the native monsters developed. Most remained low enough in numbers/ level that level 8 to 12 hunters could work freely within the bounds of the mist with two powers unlocked, hunting animals, beasts and monsters for food.

Some risk existed, but overall level 10+ monsters remained scarce enough not to be a major issues, likely because it takes time for monsters to level.

The awakening of the remaining two powers led to more mana pouring out into the surrounding lands from the Pop. With the coming off the Dungeon the ambient mana level started rising even faster. That means faster growth.

As an example, Alma brings down a level 26 Ankag that slaughtered an elk that was in process of evolving. Both monsters were benefitting from the increased mana.

Tldr

Monsters aren't guaranteed to grow at an exponential rate as they are dependant on ambient mana levels. From what we saw with the Dungeon's pop each unlocked ley-line provides a linear increase per power awakened. Not evidence mind you, but Aleron likes to keep things simple.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Anthav

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tldr
    Chapter 7 of book 8 is where I pulled that information from and it's something that really detracts from the story IMO. We can debate in a separate thread but I think this is getting off-topic of what this thread is about.

"According to Randy, the dungeon refined that mana and absorbed it to a certain extent, but the increase with each Mastery was exponential. His first awakened Power had led to relatively weak creatures occupying his woods like bears, wolves and the like. They had been mostly level ten and below.

The second power he'd unlocked had brought lairs. Instead of solitary spiders, he'd had to kill a massive nest of arachnids, ranging in size from an ox to a Humvee. And instead of a black bear, he'd fought a bear that could harden its fangs and claws to the density of tempered steel. The monsters' levels had also risen to hover between level 15 and twenty-five."

So yeah I'm using 10 and the low-end of 15 as the basis of the 1.5 growth I used and maybe AK doesn't understand what exponential means but the way he wrote it...well the math checks out and I personally feel it detracts from the story. If instead we use lower than 10 as the first power baseline and he is setting 15 as the lower threshold for second power that just means a higher increase per power awakened as well. Ie. 2^10 is 1024 as I've had ingrained in my head through all those computer logic classes so 2^12 would be 4096 if the level doubled per power which gets into it being even more ridiculous and like I said I seriously hope he walks back what he wrote but he pushed it even more in God's Eye so while I may hope I don't think he intends to do anything about it.

I do agree that it takes time to evolve and I was fine with his first explanation(book 2?3? i don't know and to lazy to look it up right now) where he was saying that the higher ambient mana evolved the plants and minerals into rarer forms, like the small moonstone vein, appearing where there were none before but just leveling up because of the ambient mana...bleh. The owlbear in God's eye went from 5 to 6 within hours of the mana coming into that world or at least between the first and second analyze could have been lower than five while he picked his tribe but no evidence either way. So while I'd agree that higher levels would/should take more time to achieve it's still fast(ish) for lower level'd creatures to level quickly based on the owl bear leveling while fighting Zero and just feeding on the mana, no mention of it killing anything else to account for it leveling up either.

Again just my personal opinion that it shouldn't be feeding on mana leveling up creatures but they should instead grow through killing other creatures like a normal ecosystem(for a fantasy land anyways) and if the higher ambient levels allow them to regenerate or have sharper claws/horns/etc... that at least fits since we could infer that the magic affinity increase for the villagers could come from the higher ambient mana and was listed as part of the bonus for the village spec reaching level 5, which increased the mana seepage. So at least then everything benefits from the higher mana instead of it being a mechanism to just make the monsters more powerful.

Mister Bill likes this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The average was 5 at one Mastery and 20 at two masteries, if that pattern continues it would be 80 for three Masteries and 320 at four Masteries. The exponential growtth thing is likely Richter's interpretation of what Randy said rather than a direct quote. Either that or Aleron/ Richter just wanted to be dramatic.

An average of 40 would make hunting extremely difficult bur its ultimately survivalble for the village.

15. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or is in an area no one can get to and the ogres are actively trying.

16. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, it’s gonna be rough with 4 masteries but I wonder if it’ll continue to that degree with lvl 2 of the powers or only when the powers were unlocked.

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    more OP monsters.. Dungeon will consume a lot of them.

18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some contemplation upon this:

Imp had a coin that allows two moves in a turn, he could have won the battle but he hesitated he was doubtful.
    Also Not sure what would have happened to Richter if he would have continue the duel?
    Clearly Imp did not want that to happen => continuing the battle is unprofitable for Imp(probably really unprofitable to Richto).

Not sure what would have happened to Richto, but I'm thinking a drop by 20% in Charizma or maybe even 30%(max 50%).. the battle of will's loss is at a very low difference. And Richto was a weaker party.. that grew in power.
    So I'm pretty certain that Imp would not get anything. But Richto would be penalized. Also there was a Threat by something that lurked inside of the Imp(darker side of him??) maybe threatening Richter with Death.

"
    At the start of the seventh round, Xuetrix had only about 8% of his power left. Richter had only five. The chaos lord’s fists were clenched so hard his ragged nails had broken the skin on his palms in eight places. Sweat drenched him and a foul odor wafted off his unwashed body. His mental defenses lay in ruins and his psychic avatar was being squeezed by the merciless golden rings of the battle. His soul was so battered, he was hearing voices whisper to him about his failures, inadequacies and weaknesses. He was a man pushed to the very limits of his soul and the edge of sanity.

Still, if anyone had been fool enough to ask him how he felt, Richter’s answer would have been simple.

“You should see the other guy.”

Trapped within his own golden bands, Xuetrix no longer flapped his wings. He’d landed during the fourth round and hadn’t been able to muster the will to rise into the air again. Drool fell out of the demon’s open, retching mouth. His arms hung limp to his sides. The fury had left his eyes. In its place was pain, shame and disbelief. It had never occurred to the demon that Richter would be able to push it this far. Even when he won, the imp wouldn’t have the energy to claim the human’s soul. He hadn’t been in such a position for millennia. Even with his power reduced to only the second tier, the ignominy of being forced into such a state by a mere human was heinous.

"

Question remains if Richter power is equal to Imp's power. Now Tier 2 and a Chaos Lord(Legendary) and If we would start the battle of will from the beginning again, Richter would have more power. So he is stronger. Also His defenses should be stronger now too being a higher tier.

So with the deal Richto gets a point on the map and some intel and glass fill with liquid. Maybe a "way home" vs total exp loss. lol

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oatbreakers take a hit to their reputation with all living things, good or evil, chaotic or order. I'm thinking its probably thousands of relationship points/ a couple relationship ranks, possibly a negative trait that alerts others about what you are. Penalties to charisma also makes sense. Some sort of punishment related to the oath you broke, say you swore to fight like a lion to protect the royal family of Endobar only to take a bribe from an assasin that killed most of the family. Now you still protect the family as a lion. A huge, ferocious, cursed lion.

I expect some of the chaos seeds already know the consequences of oathbreaking.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Andrew Lynas likes this.
  20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We also should consider Imps resilience. Can he take it? can he take another hit or give it? Richto can.. but maybe you can die in the battle of wills.. probl not.

Its not worth losing the battle. But maybe some negotiation with the deamon would been better.
    Think about it. Deamon used a threat well after an insult but a threat non the less to make sure Richter takes the deal. And this is where you bargain and bargain hard... but at 5% willpower without being a master of meditation its close to impossible. However if there is a place to deal with the imp it is here.