WIP Hate: Tower of Gates Book Two

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Paul Bellow, May 12, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    About to publish to Amazon....

3. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Black Dragons and Dwarves, Oh My!

Tougher Mobs. Deeper Dungeons. Better Loot.

Sarah, Eric, and the rest of the party are determined to do better on level one-two. Every action they make will affect level one-one for new players, so they strive to bring about positive changes.

Defeating a black dragon is their main quest, but the game quickly takes a dark turn. They learn of a monstrous plan by Magi Inyontoo and his Magictology crew to rid the game of all dwarves.

Dwarven player characters are being taken out of the game systematically. While the risks are great, so are the rewards. They also hear more hints about getting out of the game as they run into more player characters.

Can this group of adventurers make it to level one-three intact? Or will they finally find a way out of the game? Find out in the exciting second installment of the Tower of Gates LitRPG Series.

This is a full-length LitRPG novel with no cliffhanger. It is part of an ongoing series of connected LitRPG books.

4. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Black Dragons and Dwarves, Oh My!

Sarah, Eric, and the rest of the party are determined to do better on level one-two. Every action they make will affect level one-one for new players, so they strive to bring about positive changes.

Defeating a black dragon is their main quest, but the game quickly takes a dark turn. They learn of a monstrous plan by Magi Inyontoo and his Magictology crew to rid the game of all dwarves.

The risks that come with helping are great, but so are the rewards. As they journey and meet other player characters, they hear more hints about escaping the game. Giving up is not an option.

Can this ever-changing group of adventurers make it to level one-three intact? Or will they finally find a way out of the game? Find out in this exciting second installment of the Tower of Gates LitRPG Series.

This is a full-length LitRPG novel with no cliffhanger. It is part of an ongoing series of connected LitRPG books.

5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  6. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    GULP! *slides a shotglass full of liquid courage across the table to you*

7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks!

Amazon pushed it back to DRAFT with no email or reason while I took a short 5 hour nap. Grrr...

I hit publish AGAIN and it's in publishing status now with an ASIN, but who knows with Amazon...

8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    New cover...

tog-2-hate.jpg

Jay likes this.
  9. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Wyvern ... and this one...

Title says it all - HATED This one with a passion - troll

lol

10. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ROFL! Really? Wow. That's not even a helpful review! No explanation why they didn't like it?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  11. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not an actual review as this book isn't out yet, but I was going along with you on possible reviews for HACK lol

Jay likes this.
  12. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reading through with the first novel still fresh in my mind.

This one is about 50k shorter than the first novel. A bit faster moving?

Not finding a lot of stuff to rewrite yet. This one is 27 chapters as opposed to 48, so the story moves a bit faster. The average chapter length is a bit longer.

After this book, HERO will be all one POV. Then three books of Sarah, etc.

I'm going to be looking at places where I might add to book 2 (HATE) as I read through and prepare to send to THE editor.

More later...

13. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Sarah, Eric, and the rest of the party are determined to do better on level one-two of the Tower of Gates game. Every action they take will affect level one-one for new players, so they strive to bring about positive changes while they’re trapped.

Magi Inyontoo is back and stronger than ever, intent on stopping them. The risks that come with adventuring are great, but so are the rewards. As they journey and meet new player characters, they hear more hints about escaping the game.

Can this ever-changing group of adventurers find and complete the level’s main quest? Or will they finally find a way out of the game? Find out inside.

This is a full-length LitRPG novel. It is part of an ongoing series of connected LitRPG books in the Tower of Gates series. Previously published as Human. Rewritten, expanded, and edited.

[​IMG]

14. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm curious. Will the Amazon version of Human be updated when you're finished?

15. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll be taking both down and have a note that they've been rewritten...

16. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Best foot forward, right?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  17. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm hoping. We shall see.

Ian Mitchell likes this.
  18. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Adding five chapters with new POV. They will help flesh out some things that weren't obvious enough or explained well.

Brings it to 32 chapters...

Reading through (third draft) and writing the new chapters...

[​IMG]

Ian Mitchell likes this.
  19. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might want to read up on how to do that without pissing off people that bought copies.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  20. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll be launching at $0.99 for at least a week. I've relaunched before. Plus, they really are different books.

What do you recommend?