WOOT I just released my Epic Dark Fantasy: "The Four Territories: The Dark Assassin Book One"

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books' started by Stevie Collier, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Stevie Collier

Stevie Collier Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, fellow LitRPG lovers!
    I am excited to say that I have finally released my Dark Epic Fantasy novel "The Four Territories: The Dark Assassin Book One"! It isn't LitRPG, but it is a semi-grim read which is perfect for Halloween coming up!

I thought many of you may be interested in reading it. It is also at $.99 for a limited time before I take it back up to its normal price of $3.99. It's also free on Kindle Unlimited for all those with a KU Subscription. Check out the synopsis below! If interested, please check it out here.
    [​IMG]

He was like a father to me... and I wanted to cut his throat.

In a world divided into four territories, each with their own unique sun, color, race, and culture, Esh is born and abandoned in the cruelest of all. The red territory of Reah. A land in which every day is an absolute struggle for survival.

One day, an elderly man discovers the boy mortally wounded on the side of the ash-filled streets and takes pity on him, a kindness unknown in the land of Reah. Then, using violent and unorthodox training, he teaches the boy the skills necessary to endure the harshness of the territory. Skills of a master assassin. Combat. Sorcery. Alchemy.

All is going well until a dark and forgotten energy finds its way into young Esh's body. Wreaking havoc on his mind, it threatens to drag his spirit into darkness.

If Esh doesn't use all his mental and physical strength to combat the ancient energy then he will surely be destroyed.

This book is for you if you love:
    • Action Packed Sword and Sorcery Books
    • Dark Fantasy books about Greatsword wielding Assassins
    • The use of Alchemy
    • Exotic and Wondrous New Worlds
    • A Parasitic Evil Energy that will stop at nothing to control its host.
    If you like what you've read so far and want more, click here to purchase "The Four Territories".

Thank you for your consideration and I hope you all have a great weekend!
    Happy Halloween
    -Stevie

Yuli Ban, Viergacht and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good looking cover!

Stevie Collier likes this.
  3. Latetide

Latetide Halfway to Infinity LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

54%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aaaand borrowed :)

Stevie Collier and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Stevie Collier

Stevie Collier Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  5. Stevie Collier

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  6. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For some reason the cover reminds me of a cool scifan version of wanderer above the sea of fog so ya it looks great:).

7. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Borrowed. Is this book Grimdark?

8. Stevie Collier

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks, really appreciate that!

Some people have called it grimdark. I, personally, don't think it's that dark but you may think differently! Thanks for the borrow.

9. Tom Gallier

Tom Gallier Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

19%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually, I don't think grimdark is all that dark. Some have quite a bit of humor.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  10. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This sounds like an awesome premise! Bought :)

11. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll add it to my list

12. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just finished it. Here's my thoughts (I'll be using quote tags so if you don't want spoilers then don't expand the quote because fair warning, hereafter there be spoilers):
    So basically, my advice to you would be to find better beta readers that aren't worried that they're going to hurt your feelings, and use the money you get from this book to hire an editor for your next book. Also, a second edition/revision of this book. I will beta read your next book, if you can send it in kindle format, but I don't have my computer currently so can't do anything more than what I did in this post.

As it currently stands, I would rate it at 2 stars out of 5. It would be a 4 star if it didn't come across as tryhard edgelord and the editing issues were ironed out. My rating system goes from 2-4 stars, something has to be truly unreadable in order to earn one star, or a glowing example of perfection in print to earn a fifth star. Three stars is average middle of the road.

13. Stevie Collier

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really? Have any good recommendations?

Thank you! I hope you enjoy!

Thanks man!

14. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Check out the Black Library for grimdark done right. It's fairly tightly curated, although they've recently gone the way of Steam in their curation standards. That's probably because the universe as a whole is constantly getting retconned.

15. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How did this end up turning out?

16. Stevie Collier

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So sorry for the late reply. This book changed my life. Not only was I able to quit my job and become a full-time author, but the fan mail I get every once in a while has increased my confidence in my work. I just released my first LitRPG here and it is also doing well. I am so appreciative of this forum and everyone who gave me advice :)

CheshirePhoenix and Paul Bellow like this.