WIP Ignite (The Fireborn Chronicles)

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Andre Pisco, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Andre Pisco

Andre Pisco Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello everyone. I hope you're having a good day.

I posted my story's prologue a week ago. Today I finally posted the first chapter. I wouldn't call it 100% litrpg. It's closer to Sufficiently Advanced Magic than Awaken Online. There will be a new chapter every Friday.

It happens in a distant future where people can see each other's status. I'll appreciate every opinion or advice and feel free to ask any doubt you might have.

Ignite (The Fireborn Chronicles Book 1) | Royal Road

Blurb (this might change);

In a world where a godly chip gives everyone powers they're not allowed to choose and the possibility to see each other's status, Alec never wanted to be a fire sorcerer.
    But he made a promise to his best friend - they would both do their best to get stronger and one day save their poor city.

So when he wins the annual tournament and gets invited to the prestigious Drexus academy he leaps at the opportunity.

When the academy is attacked by the mysterious Reapers, Alec and five of his colleagues are thrown into a massive secret about who's really behind the chips and its true possibilities.
    The director asks them to run to Relics where an old powerful friend will protect them and might know what to do with the letter. He also asks them not to read it fearing they won't know what to do with the truth.

Alec has to put all his doubts aside as the road to Relic is fraught with unforeseen disasters, and it will take every ounce of their strength, courage, and ingenuity to get past them.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Glad you were able to find a "Used Typewriter" in this day and age to get in here! ;)

Thanks for sharing with us. Sounds interesting.

Andre Pisco likes this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I call that "Soft LitRPG" or "Creamy LitRPG" ;)

4. Andre Pisco

Andre Pisco Level 8 (Thug) Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly. It's more soft litrpg/gamelit than litrpg

Paul Bellow likes this.