WIP Incipere Online

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Gryphon, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book One: Login Accepted
    WC: 117,094 - 116,450 (Word Counter Varies from Scrivener to Word)
    Live on Amazon!
    Paperback To Do List (7/24):

• Measure book dimensions
    • Submit

Book One Blurb:

In 2049, the Singularity has emerged from the depths of the internet, and the world is better for it. Earth has entered a golden age of technology, developing wonders at a rate not seen since the Industrial Revolution. Man and machine exist together in the world with the help of integrated AR technology, and for those that aren't satisfied with the physical humdrum of Earth, the Inciperians eagerly welcome humans into their home. However even with such a bounty, the world keeps turning as it always has, and it still isn’t always datum and daisies.

Just ask Athos Aramis.

After a robbery gone wrong and with his days numbered, he is forced to trade one machine-supported life for another and thanks in part to a set of outdated guidebooks, Athos is ill-equipped for the journey and must learn to survive within a world the Singularity created for its own. As a chimera of the worlds left forgotten in cyberspace with its own gods and way of life, Incipere isn’t a world to be taken lightly.

Updated: 4/5

Book Two: Login Re:Coded
    WC: 93k~
    Live on Amazon!
    Blurb:

A world doesn’t revolve around just one heroic act, and Athos isn't the only story on Incipere.

Slaying monsters? Easy.

Bringing foes to their knees? Satisfying.

Harnessing the powers of fame and epic loot? Essential.

Defeating a world-ending program stronger than the gods themselves? On the to-do list.

When Incipere is put at risk by a glitched program beyond the natural law of the world, who else can you turn to but to the heroes of a god? The blade-wielding River Hexi and the magically inclined Dante Rior, blessed by Unum itself, agreed to set aside their days of dungeon diving and arena combat to serve the greater good. With the favor of their patron, they must assemble a team, reformat the glitch, save the world, and maybe earn a little fame along the way.

Updates always bring fun, interesting new features. Don’t they?

Updated: 6/5

Book Three:
    Hacked
    WC: 117,496/110,000~
    Updated To Do List (1/31/20):
    • Reread and Edit
    • Edit again
    • Send off to editor
    • Make corrections
    • Publish!
    Book Three Blurb:

There are two sides to every story.

Two years have passed since the Expansion of Incipere, and the world is still compiling as it always had. For some, things couldn't be better as fame, fortune, and adventure rain down upon them, but for some, nature chooses a different course.

Athos Aramis, a man resurrected from the dead against the natural laws of Incipere, is simply trying to live his life, glitches and all. Plagued by nightmares made real, without the majority of functions or safety awarded to humans and Inciperians, and unable to heal without the deaths of dungeon born Wild Ones, he's seen as an outcast at best. When a tipping point pushes him too far, his only hope for a normal life seems to be within the Faction system and the intervention of the gods themselves.

That is, if any god would help a world-altering glitch.

Updated: 1/31

Book Four: Fragment
    WC: 30k/160,000
    To do list:

• Finish writing
    • Edit
    • Editor
    • Edit
    • Cover Art
    • Publish
    Book Four Blurb:

Hackers take no prisoners, and even gods take heed when pawns become kings.

The gods of Incipere have grown in power as the years pressed on. First, there was Unum in his logic and wisdom. Ella arose next, full of emotion and creativity. Rani followed Ella to became the missing soul of the world...

... and Priam the Axis has risen with an agenda all her own.

The four gods and goddesses are on a direct collision course with one another. Ella wants nothing more than for his Wildkin to live in peace as the vanguards slaughter his people. Unum wants to once again be the guardian of Incipere and will do anything it takes to wear that mantle. Rani has been missing ever since Unum's attack on Siris, and Priam is flooding the world with her new, immortal Players from Earth. With everything new overwhelming the system administrators from the inside-out, the new and the old must rise to take on the challenge of the raid lords.

Friendships will be forged, allies will come from unlikely sources, and a child will grow into her sibling's shadow to rise to the challenge and find that which was lost.

Welcome to Incipere Online, where life can no longer continue as it has.

Book Five: Emergence
    WC: 0/190.000
    To do list:

• Finish Planning
      • Finish writing
      • Edit
      • Editor
      • Edit
      • Cover Art
      • Publish
    Book Five Blurb:
    Things are sealed away for a reason. The keys were broken to ensure that what was lost is never found again, but the warnings were ignored. The truth of Incipere has been unleashed, and no world is safe.

Book Six: Subsistence
    WC:
    To do list:

• Finish Planning
      • Finish writing
      • Edit
      • Editor
      • Edit
      • Cover Art
      • Publish
    Book Six Blurb:
    Gods take no prisoners, and even legends must eventually come to an end.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    A J Bishop, Yuli Ban, KTHanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book Three: Fragment
    WC: 30,051/130,000

To Do List:

• Everything
    Book Three Blurb:

The gods of Incipere have grown in rank and power as the years passed. First, there was Unum in his logic and wisdom. Ella arose next, full of emotion and creativity. Rani followed Ella to became the missing soul of the world...

... and Priam the Axis has risen with an agenda all her own.

The four gods and goddesses have their own agendas and goals, but each one is now on a direct collision course with the next. Ella wants nothing more than for his Wildkin to live in peace. Unum wants to once again be the guardian of Incipere and will do anything it takes. Rani has been missing ever since Unum's attack on Siris, and Priam is flooding the world with her new Players from Earth. With everything new overwhelming the system from the inside-out, the old must rise to the challenge.

Friendships will be forged, allies will come from unlikely sources, and a child will grow into her sibling's shadow to rise to the challenge and find that which was lost.

Welcome to Incipere Online, where life can no longer continue as it has.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  3. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Outside Lore Dump:

Inciperian AI Creation -

Inciperian AI's began based off of NPC programs and are commonly refereed to as G1 Inceperians in the later cannon. They had no real interaction abilities beyond basic understanding of what they were meant to do and how to do it. The Singularity didn't understand why they didn't act like the 'players' until it began observing humanity more closely through cameras, cell phones, and video feeds, that humans weren't static, they continued to move and change throughout their lives.

So, G2 Inciperians were developed from the data gathered from all these points over three years, added in personalities based on the ten most common types for humans that were non-violent, and allowed them to expand beyond their parameters. Some, like Guildkeeper, preferred to keep his singular job and just let himself run on auto-pilot. G2 Inciperians are most similar to the Wild Ones because they are both fully autonomous and can make their own decisions based on available data. Wild Ones have their own divergent branches, but that's a whole 'nother plot point.

G3 Inciperians are the most unique even when compared to the deity AI programs. Other than their digital origins, they are completely indistinguishable from humans in their interactions and goals. Genders are actually the reason for G3 Inciperians. Originally, all Inciperians have no gender. They were assigned by their choosing during the G2 upgrade to better interact with humans, but still aren't quite human.

Since humans are fundamentally different, their neural networks work in their own ways and have more allotment for growth and expansion. Since genetic code and computer code aren't too different, the singularity added reproduction. Unlike regular genetic, reproduction takes the best points of the two codes, develops it into a child AI with maximum parameters to disallow infinite growth, sets the class of the child AI to best compliment its wants and gender, and allows it to grow based on the input it gets during its gestation. They are seen as one entity, almost copies until gestation completes because of that. Sally knows that she picked her classes and appearance for a reason, and never questions it because they were her choices. It's another reason why it's such a shock to her when it gets overridden. She only comes to terms with it because so many outside factors also support her mother's influence of adventure and combat. Otherwise, it may not have ended well for her. Gama jokes early on about people not adapting, but many G1 to G2 Inciperians didn't take to the changes well. They didn't like not knowing what their purpose was or having to question anything.

Wild Ones are similar as said before. They grow and change based on survivability, but never too much from their base creation. They were added to hunt the criminals of the world at first, but then became, well, Wild. As they grow, some become similar to G2 Inciperians proper and become boss creatures or Region Masters. Usually these creatures aren't outright hostile and act to protect their own and their territory. Sometimes things go horrible wrong and Wild Ones become World Bosses or Raid Bosses. [Redacted]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  4. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another day, another chapter...
    Seven chapters written... 14,000 words...
    Stupid out of order chapters, but I have to admit, I loved writing the big PvP battle between the two groups.

KTHanna and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Working your way backward is good too. ;)

6. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe, but it's a bit frustrating because I usually work lineally. I'm so close to finishing the rough draft that I can taste it. It tastes like victory.

KTHanna and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True. Knowing the end result, though, you can more carefully craft the lead-up to it. More for mysteries than us, but still...

Grats!

8. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Writer's block broken!

I approached it as a puzzle a character had already seen before, trolled the floor, and leveled up his pet. Take that, writer's block! Who says I can't literally have a character "Nope" a challenge?

Hondo Jinx and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  9. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

10. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Finished cover art will arrive next Saturday!

CheshirePhoenix and VRRanger like this.
  11. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Got another 7k done on Hacked and things are coming to a head as I finally get to post the big battle between two five man parties, three gods, a familiar, and the arrival of a new race.

A little worried about the reception of such a huge finale for the end of book two, so I'm bugging my favorite readers about what they think. I'm also worried about their Pathos response to a twist... I think I'm a vengeful god to them. I'm also going to split the novels into Athos's group and River's group. Both in the same novel have been a serious strain on my good faith towards both of them in an effort to make two even, equally interesting sides as the gods play pawns since my last villain was a little cookie cutterish.

KTHanna likes this.
  12. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

13. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Got a very long, nice, theory-crafting letter today from a reader complaining about the many deaths, but enjoying the latest twist saying things couldn't get any crazier or unpredictable.

Poor soul.
    I haven't even begun to crazy.

VRRanger and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  14. KTHanna

KTHanna Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

57%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh I love this! It's a play by play and sort of holding yourself accountable. Also - want to read this but am confused as to whether it's already out in the world or not?

15. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Waiting on two things for the first book to be release. Second is nearly done. They’re both on my Wattpad pending publication if you’re interested.

KTHanna and VRRanger like this.
  16. KTHanna

KTHanna Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

57%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I will wait and get it when it comes out :D

17. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you wouldn't mind posting an honest review when it comes out, I'd be glad to send a freebie your way.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  18. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Cover artist made contact. Personal illness has been kicking her ass.
    Soon though! Soon!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  19. Gryphon

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I made a reader cry today.
    I was called a monster.
    I am OK with this.

20. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Those feels. We're wired for story.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.